Looks like Giants: CK is also screwed, using either the original or Build 7 patch. Game crashes on load with little info to indicate why. This was always a fun game, makes me sad It'll be shelved now Guess I'll have to go dig up a PC version for bootcamp.
I have found a workaround that gets you into the game. I have no clue if multiplayer works with this workaround and I only did minimal single player testing.
1. Show Package Contents on the Giants App and navigate to the frameworks folder.
2. Download this patch for Aliens vs Predator 2: http://www.macgamefi....php?item=17789.
3. When you get it downloaded extract it and select show package contents on the avp2 app.
4. Navigate to the framework folder and copy "OmniNetworking.framework" into the Giants frameworks folder replacing the "OmniNetworking.framework" in it.
5. If this is a clean install then you will need to set the monitor resolution to 800x600.
6. Once in game, create your profile and select screen resolution then quit(Command-Q works and may need to be done if your screen screws up).
7. Reset your monitor resolution to whatever you selected in game and you are done.
I'm on a c2d iMac running X.5.6 and I never needed to disable a CPU core for this to work; however, my minimal testing doesn't completely give me the conclusion that I won't need to disable one.
Besides this workaround a PC version might be best since this doesn't seem to be a solid port.