What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1792 replies to this topic

#1781 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

Faster Than Light, Advanced Edition.

Wasted my weekend on that. But oh so much fun! Made it to the end of the game, but died unfortunately, so I guess I'll try it again in a few weeks time. You kind of burn out of a roguelike after trying it 40 times in a row.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1782 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

View PostCougar, on 29 April 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I tried The Last of Us and loved the story/characters, but found the combat too frustrating even on easy. I hate controllers.

Then you should sell your PlayStation to DirtyHarry or Macdude, who fell in love with consoles and rave about them, and if I'm not mistaken have an Xbox. This way, you'll get money for keyboard/mouse playable games. :D

#1783 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1476 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:05 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 29 April 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

Then you should sell your PlayStation to DirtyHarry or Macdude, who fell in love with consoles and rave about them, and if I'm not mistaken have an Xbox. This way, you'll get money for keyboard/mouse playable games. :D

Heh, I bought my PS3 cheap for a blu-ray player mostly. And I wanted to play Red Dead Redemption and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. Anything else is a bonus.

#1784 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

I was on holidays last week, and emptied a (very small) part of my backlog:
- Space Pilgrim, Episode I to IV (link is for Ep. I): charming little RPGs. Ugly graphics, made with RPG Maker. Short, relatively easy.
- Ryse: Son of Rome: this game is a blast! Hack, slash, cut, mutilate, execute with your sword and defend against hordes of barbarians in the Roman empire and in the Colosseum games.
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men: a basic TPS with an interesting scenario. I like games (and movies) with bad endings, for some reason. Next up, Kane & Lynch 2.
- Max Payne 3. Quite good TPS, but I preferred 1 and 2 back in the days.
- Enemy Front. Your standard WW2 FPS, nothing fancy but good graphics and pleasant game.

#1785 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Apart from Civ 6, I have moved almost exclusively to casual games: puzzles, cards, words.

Most of today's games are too hard - I'm too old for homework, or ultra-violence.
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#1786 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Finally "finished" Fallout 4 after 286 hours. Guess I got my money's worth?
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#1787 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1779 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Recently in Fallout 4:

A large, strange, mangy looking cat was seen wandering aimlessly in the night with a fluorescent glow lighting its way as it continued on. Anyone encountering this beast is advised to proceed with an abundance of caution and an open can of tuna at the ready.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1788 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:50 AM

Tried to fire up Shadow Warrior from GOG, but it looked much worse than I remember. Is the old DOS version that much worse than whatever Mac port we had?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1789 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

View Postbookman, on 30 April 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Most of today's games are too hard - I'm too old for homework, or ultra-violence.

I hear what you're saying. I'm trying to finish up some solo WoW challenges before the content disappears (Mage Tower weapon skins for all you hotshots out there), but I'll be damned if I can deal with all the BS thrown at me.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#1790 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2108 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

I have been trying to whittle down the few games in my 360 backlog that are not available for Backwards Compatibility. I had been trying to choke down Final Fantasy XIII but wow its not good. I like the battle system well enough but the story and the on rails gameplay were just terrible. I found myself falling asleep every time snow had another diatribe about how he's gunner save everyone. I gave it 15 hours, which was probably 10 hours too much. So checked that trilogy off my list and moved onto Kingdoms of Amalur. Holy crap, now that's fun. It's kind of like WoW and and Elder Scrolls game had an offline baby. Fast fun combat, interesting loot, crafting that doesn't require a PhD. Already more hours into it than FFXIII and loving it. I regret not giving this some attention when it was released.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#1791 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1476 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

Just finished Hellblade. The last four minutes of the game were so achingly, beautifully perfect. The combat was only serviceable and the "puzzles" forgettable, but I still love the game for its story and atmosphere.

#1792 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:29 AM

View Postnick68k, on 06 May 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

I hear what you're saying. I'm trying to finish up some solo WoW challenges before the content disappears (Mage Tower weapon skins for all you hotshots out there), but I'll be damned if I can deal with all the BS thrown at me.
Same. I hate that I can't use my usual strategy of "Out-gear and out-level the stupid mechanics that require me to mash buttons like a 20-year-old on Adderall."

#1793 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

View PostTibur, on 07 May 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

Same. I hate that I can't use my usual strategy of "Out-gear and out-level the stupid mechanics that require me to mash buttons like a 20-year-old on Adderall."

I'm working on the frost mage skin at the moment (Twins Challenge). Annoyingly it's one of those scenarios that gets harder in certain stages the more you outgear it (due to Blizzard/Frost Orb mechanics killing mobs too quickly). But then again I suck at this kind of thing.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.