What If Google Had Not Deleted The Fake Steve Ballmer Blog?

history

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Ballmer

Steve Ballmer

The Original Fake Steve Ballmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image

Newt Gingrich has been doing a very scholarly series on Facebook answering questions like, "What if Hitler Won?" or "What if Kennedy lived?" People send him these questions which he answers weekly. The series is good but I did not go out of my way to listen to any of it.
But, he called me the other day about the Fake Blogging phenomena, it's rise and demise. His premise was fascinating:
"The importance of the satirical Fake Blogs of the mid 2000's was an important historical phenomena. It was really started by Dan Lyons who did the Fake Steve jobs Blog during that time and was wildly popular. However, many did not give his nemesis Fake Steve Ballmer due credit for his contribution to this amazing form of literature. The Ballmer blog started only a few months after the Job's blog, but only garnered a tenth of the traffic of the former. I never understood this, in that the Ballmer Blog was much more entertaining, informative and included amazing graphics. The problem seemed to be that nobody actually liked the Ballmer character and the sub-par company he defended, however the fake blog was notably better.
After only a few years, Lyons was outed and the real Steve Jobs took ill. The blog was stopped.
https://en.wikipedia...Fake_Steve_Jobs
That is when Google went totally control-freak and decided to delete almost all of the satire blogs, but in so doing deleted the Ballmer blog. In my estimation this was a huge mistake! It demonstrated to the world just how inhuman corporations like theirs were. They could not be reasoned with, they refused to understand satire, humor, creativity or hubris. Basically, they were going to war with fun on the internet! If they had allowed the Ballmer blog to continue we today would have a much more expressive, humorous, richer internet overall. Net Neutrality certainly would have been maintained!
The only good news is that Fake Steve Ballmer has restarted blogging using the Wordpress platform. However, he is not getting the traction of the golden age, but he seems determined to bring the internet back to sanity. For all of our sakes, let's hope he succeeds!"
The Secret Diary of Steve Ballmer - "I am not Steve Ballmer pretending not to be me"

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

Mom, whatís a blog?

Oh, thatís something people used to do but donít waste time on anymore honey. We donít have time for real food so of course we donít have time for reading. Thatís why a smart person with a short attention span made Twitter! Now go play your Grand Theft Auto game like a good boy.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 Steve Ballmer

Steve Ballmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 17 January 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Mom, what's a blog?

Oh, that's something people used to do but don't waste time on anymore honey. We don't have time for real food so of course we don't have time for reading. That's why a smart person with a short attention span made Twitter! Now go play your Grand Theft Auto game like a good boy.
I shall cure you my brother!
The Secret Diary of Steve Ballmer - "I am not Steve Ballmer pretending not to be me"

#4 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

View PostSteve Ballmer, on 17 January 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

I shall cure you my brother!

There is no cure for the likes of me. Ask tBC. Heíll tell you. He even tried electrocution but to no avail. Besides, my sister-in-law promised sheíd never speak to me again if I went Apple. You donít really think you can motivate me to change now I hope because there is no way I am giving that up for anything.

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17554 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 19 January 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

There is no cure for the likes of me. Ask tBC. He'll tell you. He even tried electrocution but to no avail. Besides, my sister-in-law promised she'd never speak to me again if I went Apple. You don't really think you can motivate me to change now I hope because there is no way I am giving that up for anything.

Yes.  No cure.  We have our exhausted our IMG medical research team in the search for a cure.  Handsome Jack has promised new cures with eridium and slag procedures but DH refused to step foot into that game.  Even putting tuna into his carrier to coax him inside wouldn't work.  TUNA and he wouldn't go in!  My god, what some vet must have done to him in the past... this probably started when he thought he was going to the vet to get "toutered".
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Steve Ballmer

Steve Ballmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 19 January 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

Yes.  No cure.  We have our exhausted our IMG medical research team in the search for a cure.  Handsome Jack has promised new cures with eridium and slag procedures but DH refused to step foot into that game.  Even putting tuna into his carrier to coax him inside wouldn't work.  TUNA and he wouldn't go in!  My god, what some vet must have done to him in the past... this probably started when he thought he was going to the vet to get "toutered".
I have only one thing to say about that; Nano-bots! We are secretly working on them, they work on a micro-cellular level and can reprogram the human brain (in theory) so that all you problems will be solved. Human test start in about a month or two or ten.

#7 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:31 AM

View PostSteve Ballmer, on 19 January 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

I have only one thing to say about that; Nano-bots! We are secretly working on them, they work on a micro-cellular level and can reprogram the human brain (in theory) so that all you problems will be solved. Human test start in about a month or two or ten.

Cool. Can I get in on the beta?

#8 G_Player

G_Player

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

…seems the "Attach Files" is AWOL sos I can't upload a jpeg.  :cool:

I second the abomination I mean… nomination of DH!  :)
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17554 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

View PostSteve Ballmer, on 19 January 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

Excellent.  I pulled some Zune strings behind the scenes and I hereby formerly volunteer Dirty Harry for your beta trials.  Keep him as long as you want.

View PostG_Player, on 20 January 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

…seems the "Attach Files" is AWOL sos I can't upload a jpeg.  :cool:

You should be able to see it but only if you click on the More Reply Options button first.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 G_Player

G_Player

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Javascript is enabled.

clicking the More Reply Options first…
nope…
Attach Files is still AWOL. It does not appear anywhere.

There's a mystery to be solved here.  :detective:

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17554 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

You don't see the Attach This File button in the More Reply Options window?  May I log in as you to see what you are seeing? (You don't need to send me a password)
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#12 G_Player

G_Player

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

@ tBC

Possible clue? Not sure that it'll help.

When I click the More Reply Options button, this entire page re-loads with this reply box at the top of the page (instead of it being at its usual place at the bottom).
Nowhere is the Attach This File button to be found.

You may log-in as me ;)

thank you and good hunting!

#13 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

Oh! Oh! Log in as me! You can do the beta test to make sure it is safe before I try it.

#14 G_Player

G_Player

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

..if my reputation is completely ruined by tomorrow afternoon, we'll all know who to blame!  ;)

#15 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17554 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Damn son, I don't see it either.  You are set up like anyone else in the admin panel as far as I can tell.  Create a new account with a new email address and see if it persists.  I'll delete the new account after the test.  By the way, I wish I knew you liked cheese so much, I was just at the store.  :whistling:
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat