Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4366 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:09 AM

View PostCougar, on 14 October 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

This guy made a ridiculous script to circumvent the problem: https://robservatory...m-macos-mojave/

Crikey.

I'll just stick to having an Alias to System Preferences in my Dock, and the --ignore command so its not at the top of my software update each time I check it. But yeah ............ its a solution ;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#182 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2801 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 13 October 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

I checked on the website. When you view your library there, you have under "My Collection" the option to display only recently updated games.

THANK YOU. As you realized, you have to use the web client.

Sadly none of the updates in my library are meaningful- most of them only updated the Windows version, according to the notes. (This includes a Braid update, which got me momentarily excited.) But I've viewed every one to reset the updated count to 0, and I'll keep an eye on it now.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#183 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8458 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:27 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 14 October 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Sadly none of the updates in my library are meaningful- most of them only updated the Windows version, according to the notes. (This includes a Braid update, which got me momentarily excited.) But I've viewed every one to reset the updated count to 0, and I'll keep an eye on it now.
Your games might still have been updated (at least in part). That's what I meant when I wrote that GOG releases these updates silently: there does not only seem to be no mention of the whole process on their website, it's also not reflected in the change logs. To give you some concrete examples: Falcon 3.0 ("Gold"), Wing Commander 1, and SimCity 2000 all have the new wrapper, but the last listed update in their change logs is an added cloud save functionality for Windows.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#184 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4366 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:30 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 15 October 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

Your games might still have been updated (at least in part). That's what I meant when I wrote that GOG releases these updates silently: there does not only seem to be no mention of the whole process on their website, it's not only reflected in the change logs. To give you some concrete examples: Falcon 3.0 ("Gold"), Wing Commander 1, and SimCity 2000 all have the new wrapper, but the last listed update in their change logs is an added cloud save functionality for Windows.

Right, we do this as well. If its just a compatibility update with no change notes, we update-in-place without any notice about it. This is so new downloaders get the new file, while people who already had it installed and running... don't get bothered to update something that would have no changes for them.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#185 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8458 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 01 October 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

I guess that's bad news for 'Rome: Total War'.
Regarding that:

We intend to make ROME: Total War available in 64-bit after the launch of macOS 10.15.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 32-bit, 64-bit, mojave, compatibility