10 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:08 AM

Virtual Programming and Atari have announced that the latest chapter in the Riddick franchise, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, will be released this Friday, April 16. The game includes both the new Assault on Dark Athena campaign and an enhanced version of the original Escape from Butcher Bay.

The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena contains a brand new full-length Riddick campaign in addition to a high-definition pixel-by-pixel remake of the universally acclaimed title Escape from Butcher Bay. In addition to the thrilling, visceral single player action, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena brings Riddick into the multiplayer arena for the first time, with six intense online multiplayer combat modes including the unique Pitch Black mode.

Reprising his role as Riddick, Vin Diesel brings his unique vocal talent to The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, creating a powerful anti-hero with a talent for chilling one-liners. Diesel is joined by a high calibre cast of actors including Lance Henriksen, Wade Williams, William Morgan Sheppard, and Michelle Forbes who brings depth and weary malevolence to Riddick’s chief adversary on the Dark Athena, Captain Revas. Starbreeze Studios’ proprietary ‘vo-cap’ technology ensures that every nuance of the actors’ vocal and physical performance ends up in the game, creating a uniquely absorbing experience.

In The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena the player takes the role of Riddick, as played by Diesel, using stealth and action to overcome the merciless crew of the predatory Merc-ship Dark Athena which awaits its prey in the dark reaches of space. Cheating death through a series of spectacular battles and events, Riddick will fight for his life amid a storm of malevolence and horror. The Chronicles of Riddick series of games takes the player deeper into the universe of Universal Pictures’ films The Chronicles of Riddick and cult classic Pitch Black, which first introduced Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero.
For more information click on the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8520 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:57 AM

View PostIMG News, on 12 April 2010 - 04:08 AM, said:

Starbreeze Studios’ proprietary ‘vo-cap’ technology ensures that every nuance of the actors’ vocal and physical performance ends up in the game, creating a uniquely absorbing experience.
Wait a second... Vin Diesel? Vocal and physical performance?? Nuances???

*tries to keep a straight face*

*fails*

:lol:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:52 AM

I hope they'll be available as a digital download.  Coming from VP, though, it seems likely.  I've heard these games are quite good.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8520 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

View Postclocknova, on 12 April 2010 - 07:52 AM, said:

I hope they'll be available as a digital download.  Coming from VP, though, it seems likely.  
It will. As always with VP, it's coming to Direct2Mac first.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Agent5

Agent5

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

View Postclocknova, on 12 April 2010 - 07:52 AM, said:

I hope they'll be available as a digital download.  Coming from VP, though, it seems likely.  I've heard these games are quite good.
Back in 2009, when the game was announced as being in development for the Mac, the MacObserver reported that it would be made available throug "online and onsite retailers".

#6 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1755 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

I got this for $5 from Direct2Drive a while back, and it's a surprisingly good game. I've only played the Escape from Butcher Bay part, however. Dark Athena isn't supposed to be as good.

#7 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

I really enjoyed the Riddick films, despite the genre not being anywhere near the top of my preferences for movies, so I'll look out for this.  Looks like it could be worth getting.

#8 Jude

Jude

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

I like Vin Diesel! Pitch Black is the first movie I saw him in (with Radja Mitchell), and it was good.

Maybe when I get my new Mac...

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com

#9 dorkhero

dorkhero

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

Any idea on system requirements? I've been to both of the linked web sites and found no mention of what my Mac will need to run this game.

#10 Omaha Sternberg

Omaha Sternberg

iGame Radio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

View Postdorkhero, on 12 April 2010 - 05:09 PM, said:

Any idea on system requirements? I've been to both of the linked web sites and found no mention of what my Mac will need to run this game.

I asked about system requirements on the 7th but they said that they didn't have them available yet.

Omaha
Omaha Sternberg
Host
iGame Radio

#11 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8520 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostOmaha Sternberg, on 13 April 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

I asked about system requirements on the 7th but they said that they didn't have them available yet.
Nine days before the release? :blink: