doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Hi folks!

Love this game and would like to finish it, but it's crashing at launch on my new(er) late-2015 27" iMac, with a "KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS" lengthy error log.

I've contacted both GOG (where I bought it) and 1C, but alas, the suggested solutions (editing resolution and windowed mode settings in the game.ini file, deleting that file, altering overall screen resolution, etc.) have not worked thus far.

I have come across several other folks across a number of forums with the same problem, but no solutions thus far. Has anyone managed to get around this problem somehow?

Thanks in advance! Also, it’s been a while since I was here, so I hope everyone is hanging in ok!

Take care!

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

I just tried it and I get the same result on Sierra.

I don't think the game has ever been properly maintained. I tried the game back in 2012 and it had graphical glitches with nvidia cards.

#3 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

It worked fine on my old mid-2011 iMac, although the text was always cramped (I think that was just poor design). Thanks for letting me know, though. I might just have to Boot Camp it instead, and hope for better results.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: king’s bounty, crash, retina, imac, sierra