11 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

Inside Mac Games as it was is no longer, but out of the ashes will rise a new site focused on the community forums, populated with news and articles from volunteers. In the days and months ahead changes will be coming to IMG as the work of transitioning continues.

If you'd like to help build the new Inside Mac Games please visit the forums at the link below.

Also, thank you to all those who've visited the site and participated in the forum discussions over the years. I've been working at IMG for over a decade now, first as a news gatherer and later as editor. In that time I've had the opportunity to talk and work with many interesting and talented people. I've also posted more news briefs than I like to think about. It's been fun, and I'll miss it, but I have hope that the readers and forum membership will pick up the torch and carry IMG into the future.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

I hope no one minds. I thought it might help eliminate some confusion if this was the lead story on the existing main page, since I've received a few confused emails from readers. Until the site changes readers will know to come here now. If you'd prefer to delete the post feel free.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

Naw that works... it's going to be some time before I am not-bothered so much with random unplanned demands, where I can spend some time fixing the IMG website to direct here properly. Plus upgrade the forum, and propagate the old reviews into a sub forum.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

Sorry to see things change, but thanks for all the great years of info, and for keeping things going in a new way!

#5 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

View PostKilvain, on 14 February 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

I hope no one minds. I thought it might help eliminate some confusion if this was the lead story on the existing main page, since I've received a few confused emails from readers. Until the site changes readers will know to come here now. If you'd prefer to delete the post feel free.

No, it's a good idea, I think. Certainly better than having a months-old news item leading the page.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#6 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

Better some change than suicide.

May Da Shwartz be wichu!
—Yogurt
macOS 10.12.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#7 Nox

Nox

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Steam Name:Uncle Bender

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

Few days have gone by in I don't know how many years on which I did not visit this site to find out what was new in the world of Mac gaming! I still remember reading the first feverish accounts of the WoW experience here. Thanks for all the fun reads, and of course the info! May the good times continue to roll with you.
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.11.3

#8 martimer

martimer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

I do not know what happened but I am glad to hear that the world did not, in fact, end on November 21. Best wishes from an old-timer. I will try to add the forums to my daily routine, but that news page was a wonderful summary and has been dearly missed by this reader for months.

#9 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

View Postmartimer, on 17 February 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

I do not know what happened but I am glad to hear that the world did not, in fact, end on November 21.
Neh, that's my birthday. That day the world won't end, the day after however....

#10 MSosa01

MSosa01

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

Aack, I've have not spent much time here as I used to because I picked up board gaming and had children. But for many years this was a site I visited daily. Thanks to everyone involved in maintaining it. Back when Mac gaming was an oxymoron to many (and to some still) this site was a ray of hope!
The world has changed.
I can feel it in the water,
I can feel it in the earth,
I can smell it in the air.
Much that once was is lost,
for now none live who remember.
from the Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17317 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

It still is, it's just past it's main burn phase and will soon become a red giant and finally a white dwarf that will cool to a diamond ball the size of Earth.  Just take a little more time is all.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#12 Mitch D

Mitch D

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:36 PM

Thanks cord, appreciate your coverage over time. Maybe it's time for forums and social media to take over site?

Hope there is a way to get the community to grow and continue

Love the Release dates.  Maybe add coverage of steam games

So long and thanks for all the fish