Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:16 PM

No comment.

Sorry! I couldn't resist not having a comment although now that I think of it, I really didn't have a comment. Umm, if you'll excuse me now I think I will go find some thread I might have something to say in or be smart enough to shut up in (stop laughing) or, oh, never mind.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#22 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:49 PM

I really like Cats! :w00t:

#23 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostTheBunny, on 06 March 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

I really like Cats! :w00t:

Yes, but does Bethesda like Cats? That's what we want to know.

#24 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8003 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 07 March 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

Yes, but does Bethesda like Cats? That's what we want to know.
They have a whole race of cat people in the Elder Scrolls series. So I guess, that means "yes"… ;)

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17249 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

I like to take the armor off the dead female cats.  ::pervy breathing::  Bless you Bethesda.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:01 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 07 March 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

I like to take the armor off the dead female cats.  ::pervy breathing::  Bless you Bethesda.

I was just looking through some old screen shots of my travels in Morrowind years ago yesterday. I got some pics of one of my favorite mods, "Slave Girl Jessica." It adds your very own slave girl who you meet early on, kill her owner for (well, I did since I didn't feel like paying him) and then take her with you. She can come along with you and fight but she's too much trouble. So I kept her in my Balmora Residence (another mod) to keep all the armor I stole from the Vivec Treasury shining on the armor mannikins (another mod) I set up for display. I'd pop in to dump books to read later, piles of loot, etc. and have a little chat with Jessica. Good memories.

I will have you know that I never took advantage of Jessica's good nature.

#27 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17249 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

Ahhhhh... slave girls.  Now those were the good ol' days.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#28 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

Yep, one whack on the head, drag 'em back to the cave... good times. :)

#29 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17249 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:23 PM

Now a days it's all screaming and flailing and drama when you drag them by the hair.  When I was a kid that's how we picked up our dates for the Stone Quarry High dances.  Socks weren't invented then so it was just called a "foot hop".  The little pterodactyl record player wailing away, the flattened vine crepe paper decorations... you just don't see that anymore.  Gosh it sucks to get old.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#30 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

<_<

#31 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:42 AM

Thanks, Bunny, for all the great support and adding of controllers. OS X has been offering DualShock 3 support out-of-the-box for many years. There (still) seem to be some gamers in Cupertino. :)
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM

iMac 27" with Retina Display (Late 2015)
Core i5 3,3 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 2 TB Fusion Drive
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB VRAM

Both running OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Now playing: Life Is Strange

Looking forward to: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Nintendo NX

#32 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostJan, on 09 March 2016 - 06:42 AM, said:

Thanks, Bunny, for all the great support and adding of controllers. OS X has been offering DualShock 3 support out-of-the-box for many years. There (still) seem to be some gamers in Cupertino. :)

I thought that was simply because the PS4 device is a standard HID device and just works like a mouse or keyboard?
No driver needed etc.

#33 Gotrek

Gotrek

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

50% off on Steam right now.

#34 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17249 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostGotrek, on 09 March 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

50% off on Steam right now.

Skyrim has so absorbed my life that I dare not go deeper.  I could show you such beautiful natural sights, magnificent in scale and grandeur.  Another such place and I become one of those Koreans whose bladder popped.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#35 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:35 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 09 March 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

Skyrim has so absorbed my life that I dare not go deeper.  I could show you such beautiful natural sights, magnificent in scale and grandeur.  Another such place and I become one of those Koreans whose bladder popped.

No matter how much / good the eldersrolls series are. They can barley scratch the itch for my Everquest 1 lust . The vast dangerous outdoor world . Spacious maze like huge dungeons . Able to pull as many mobs as you like ( modernised mmo are so retarded that you can't engage the mob who just killed the guy even if they were just standing next to you because the mob encounter has been "resetting " and that mob need to run back to to where it's spawn

And trying to pull more than 5+ mob to trying to have some fun ? Nope they will just run away and reset encounter

Can't believe I have been playing ESO solely for the pvp for two years lol

Everyone that's been through the eq era there's always that spot of emptiness in their heart
That's why I'm really looking forward for the Pantheon : rise of the fallen ... The eq reincarnation by the original developer !

#36 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:59 PM

View Posthenryfakesmile, on 24 March 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

No matter how much / good the eldersrolls series are. They can barley scratch the itch for my Everquest 1 lust...

Everyone that's been through the eq era there's always that spot of emptiness in their heart
That's why I'm really looking forward for the Pantheon : rise of the fallen ... The eq reincarnation by the original developer !

I spent many years in the mystical, wonderful world of Norrath too. I can understand completely what you are talking about. I still consider it the best gaming experience I ever had and it set a bar nothing else has ever been able to surpass even though I do appreciate many other good games quite a lot.

The two posts you've written that I am seeing tonight referencing the new game are the first I've heard of it. I'll have to check into it soon. Is a Mac version of it part of the plan?

You probably know this but EverQuest is available on Steam although you have to search for it. At least it was up until recently. I leveled a mage to 70 or so probably a year or two ago now, visiting certain old zones I wanted to see, etc. and had such a good time. As you'd know, the mage class can excel solo with some care about how you pull stuff and now they have companion bots (I forget the name of them) that you can recruit one of. So in the early going either a healer or better still a tank is goodness and they are very easy to manage. Put that together with a pet class and instant small party good to go! Part of why I just put Windows 10 back on this iMac again was to install EverQuest so I can level another alt. I've got a bunch of young ones that my main fully twinked with all manner of the relatively new defiant gear sets, some of the special higher level fabled sets I farmed for them, all manner of classic twink stuff and toys (AON for example) and much more. I have a nicely outfitted Iksar Monk in full fabled gear I want to revisit too who is good fun to play solo. I even have all the pieces for the famed Robe of the Oracle (Phylactery Will Get You Nowhere quest) including all the raid drops, one of which was no small feat to farm up. I got Vaniki's slowing sword for my SK to use. I've got the epic weapon drops from Plane of Fear for the SK and my Necro. I could go on and on.

Once I retired from high end raiding, I spent a lot of time just lining up my ducks in a row and farming tons of cool stuff for the alt army. They are all so good to go!

I will continue to return to EQ from time to time until the lights go out on the last server which I hope now that Daybreak owns them will be many years away. A lot of hardcore EQ people are still there. The numbers are small compared to newer games but enough to keep it going thankfully. The raiding game goes on.

#37 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

As of Wed.
I am no longer working at ZeniMax Online.

Indie Life here I come! :D

#38 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17249 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Keep us apprised of your indie projects Bunny.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#39 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostTheBunny, on 24 March 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

As of Wed.
I am no longer working at ZeniMax Online.

Indie Life here I come! :D

Wow. Was someone to replace you recruited and oriented prior to your planned (I hope) departure? Naturally, you leaving causes one to wonder if there is anything to be concerned about regarding the OS X version of the game.

#40 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 25 March 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Wow. Was someone to replace you recruited and oriented prior to your planned (I hope) departure? Naturally, you leaving causes one to wonder if there is anything to be concerned about regarding the OS X version of the game.

My position was eliminated.  
To be fair I did have about 6 months warning.
And I could have moved to a PC centric team. (Ugg)

Anyhow, I was told support for the Mac Client was not being dropped.
I don't know what the future plans are and can't comment etc.