2 replies to this topic

#1 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

I've always loved the Commandos games and the Commandos clone Desperados was also a fantastic game. After many years of games in Commandos style being completely absent, in late 2016 Mimimi suddenly came with another Commandos clone out of nowhere called Shadow Tactics. Just a few weeks later it was released on the Mac App Store and I immediately bought it on day of release.

It was an absolutely amazing game. One of the best games I've ever played (the game was just flawless) and one of the best Mac releases ever. After completing the game I immediately wanted more and since the moment I completed it I was hoping Mimimi would develop an expansion pack, a sequel, a prequel of whatever to this game. For more than one and a half year now I've been hoping they'd come with a new game in the series or something in line with Shadow Tactics.

At last week's Gamescom it was revealed Mimimi is now working on Desperados III. A sequel to one of my favourite games created by the developers of Shadow Tactics is like a dream come true to me, so of course I was so excited when I saw the news. However, there's always the question of how likely a Mac release is.

Shadow Tactics had a great Mac release, but this game was published by Daedalic Entertainment, whereas Desperados III will be published by THQ Nordic, so I immediately asked myself the question if this change of publisher would have any effect on a Mac release. Just like Daedalic Entertainment THQ Nordic also releases games for the Mac, so there was hope, but just to be sure I sent them an email asking for confirmation. Here's their reply:

https://imgur.com/a/uOdXlQv

Perfect! Just like Shadow Tactics that's going to be an instant buy on day of release. The game should be released somewhere in 2019.

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

I got Desperados not too long ago cheap, havenít played it yet. Absolutely loved Shadow Tactics so Iím pretty excited.

#3 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostCougar, on 01 September 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

I got Desperados not too long ago cheap, haven’t played it yet. Absolutely loved Shadow Tactics so I’m pretty excited.

The first Desperados has recently been updated to run on modern operating systems and is indeed available for a a very nice price. It's an old game, but still really good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desperados, commandos, shadow tactics, mimimi, thq nordic, strategy, tactical strategy, mac app store