Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:04 PM

Some great sales on Aspyr games for the next week:

Aspyr Summer Sale

Ends August 6th around noon PST. However every couple days a new set of Flash Sales will be available! So check back often if you are looking for a great deal on some pretty great games.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:18 PM

Great titles by a great company. I hope the sale goes very well.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

Awesome, that Aspyr throws another sale, and great for MGS!

Yet, I wonder if an Aspyr summer sale will eventually come to the Mac App Store.
Borderlands titles seem awfully overpriced on the MAS nowadays, especially with all their In-App Purchases.

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

App Store is so terrible to try and run sales on, since they have no mechanism for it. Its also hard to even be spotted as running a sale on that mess that is App Store. Luckily MGS caters to making a sale known, especially when its a full publisher sale ;) We go out of our way to even redesign the homepage for their stuff! (which is a ton of work on my end, but hay, its fun to do for publishers who care about MGS).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 01 August 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

App Store is so terrible to try and run sales on, since they have no mechanism for it. Its also hard to even be spotted as running a sale on that mess that is App Store.
Doesn't the MAS basically work like the App Store on iOS. Sales seem to work there, for thousands of developers.
I don't think it's a mess, though I agree, it could be better.
For people who don't want to use Steam the MAS is one of the better solutions, but sadly not many publishers treat it equally.

View PostFrigidman™, on 01 August 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

Luckily MGS caters to making a sale known, especially when its a full publisher sale ;) We go out of our way to even redesign the homepage for their stuff! (which is a ton of work on my end, but hay, its fun to do for publishers who care about MGS).
I know you are doing great work and your sales are usually the best out there.
But... the Mac App Store has me.

#6 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

MAS *shudder*
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#7 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 01 August 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

MAS *shudder*
That's the way I feel about Steam.
To each his own.

#8 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

I myself don't like raisins.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#9 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

How about peanuts?

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

I love peanuts, but they dont love me back.

-Fm [1oM7]

#11 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 31 July 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

So check back often if you are looking for a great deal on some pretty great games.
Wow, BioShock Infinite Starter Pack for $10 is such a good deal! Thanks.

#12 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

I am an equal opportunity shopper. I go wherever the bargains are. :teehee:

I made my first MGS purchase recently when the Blackguards RPGs were on sale for a steal of a deal. I do not recall seeing them that cheap anywhere else before and I know I'd like to play them eventually (famous last words!) so I picked up both of them. Then impulse got the best of me during that sale and I wound up buying Aspyr's Geometry Wars along with Desperados (another one I have wanted to play for ages) and last but not least, the 20th Anniversary Gabriel Knight Sins game I bought too.

I can honestly say the store made an excellent first impression on me. The sale was great. The client loads nice and fast to download, manage installs, etc. It is not required beyond that to play a game I buy which I see as a plus. The transaction was processed quickly.

What's not to love?

Well, I just don't know!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#13 Mitch D

Mitch D

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

Thanks for the tip may pickup something

#14 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

Well, hello there Rage Campaign Edition. I have been waiting for you to hit 4.99 miles per hour!

I will for sure play that one when I am done with The Witcher. ID shooters always gives me wet panties. *Reminds himself to mail the panties to Frigidman, so he can add them to his collection*
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#15 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 03 August 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Well, hello there Rage Campaign Edition. I have been waiting for you to hit 4.99 miles per hour!

I will for sure play that one when I am done with The Witcher. ID shooters always gives me wet panties. *Reminds himself to mail the panties to Frigidman, so he can add them to his collection*

Rage always gets a bad rap. I don't go into an ID shooter expecting Secretariat. It had buttery smooth shooting mechanics, decent drivey mechanics, and I got to do copius amounts of both. And it looked purdy. pew pew vroom vroom Ooooh AHHHhh.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#16 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

ID shooting mechanics = Insta win. I am quite sure I will like the game a lot, as long as it runs while being pretty on my 2011 iMac. Now the 2GB VRAM upgrade really has to shine!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#17 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:00 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 03 August 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Rage always gets a bad rap. I don't go into an ID shooter expecting Secretariat. It had buttery smooth shooting mechanics, decent drivey mechanics, and I got to do copius amounts of both. And it looked purdy. pew pew vroom vroom Ooooh AHHHhh.

The car controls are the worst ever for me.  It is counter intuitive to my experience.  I loved the rest of the game, but I quit when I was forced to race with those horrible controls.  That and I ran out of swear words.  You want to do it right, make it work like Halo or Borderlands which have excellent car controls.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#18 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 August 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

The car controls are the worst ever for me.  It is counter intuitive to my experience.  I loved the rest of the game, but I quit when I was forced to race with those horrible controls.  That and I ran out of swear words.  You want to do it right, make it work like Halo or Borderlands which have excellent car controls.

I didn't have any issues but I play with a controller *shrug*.

#19 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 03 August 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

I didn't have any issues but I play with a controller *shrug*.

I see your indifference to my great pain and I raise you my tolerance for your festering face boils.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat