#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:27 AM

MacGameStore Presents a 10 Year Anniversary Sales Event!

The leading feature is a Pay What You Want Bundle offering, 4 great adventures for as little as a buck, or get more games if you beat the going average. 10% of proceeds go to the Stand Up To Cancer charity!

Every day will feature a Flash Sale for just 24 hours (Noon PST).

Then there is a "Hot" selection of some really nice games at super savings for a limited time.

Followed up by dozens, hundreds of other games on sale for the length of the event.

Check back each day for new sales and savings!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

Pay what you want bundle is great, but I have all those games already :/

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Hehe, yeah. But........ got any friends or family who may want the games?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17327 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

I am interested in that Real Myst, I think it would be awesome to see that place in a modern rendering.  How does that sucker run on a mid 2012 Mac Pro with a Sapphire 7xxx card?  I'd like to go lowball on the bundle but I'm afraid that you will post my name there with your little tattle tale module that lists names.  Nicely played MGS.  ::slow clap::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

You can use the "Remain Anonymous (in top contributers)" checkbox before clicking the big green button.

-Fm [1oM7]

#6 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2438 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

That's a neat bundle. I got it for RealMyst really-- I just realized my youngest never played Myst in any form.

I wish I had time to try all the games, though that horror game where you are a toddler looks too intense for words.

Actually if anyone has comments about any of those adventure games (other than Myst) I'd be very interested. Cognition has a great pedigree, but I don't know how it or the other games actually stack up.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17327 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 10 April 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

You can use the "Remain Anonymous (in top contributers)" checkbox before clicking the big green button.

Actually that was the joke part of my question.  But thanks for clarifying that.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 10 April 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Actually if anyone has comments about any of those adventure games (other than Myst) I'd be very interested. Cognition has a great pedigree, but I don't know how it or the other games actually stack up.

Cognition is OK. The writing in terms of characters is good, but the plot is clichéd supernatural/crime thriller fare. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, but I felt the plot (and the puzzles) got weaker as it went along. Still worth a play, though, especially since you already have it. Heard good things about Deponia, but have not played it.

BTW, if anyone wants a free Torchlight II or Cognition key--I have no use for mine. Bought the bundle for Deponia, Among The Sleep, and RealMyst...

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

We had sent this news out to all the mac news sites, yet none of the mac sites posted it. Just some PC sites.

Clearly there must be SO MUCH news for macs that they can't even be bothered to post news about mac games, or a game store that has been around longer than fraking Steam itself, supporting mac since the dawn of mac gaming.

But yeah, what do I know ;)

-Fm [1oM7]

#10 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1443 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostCougar, on 12 April 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

Cognition is OK. The writing in terms of characters is good, but the plot is clichéd supernatural/crime thriller fare. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, but I felt the plot (and the puzzles) got weaker as it went along. Still worth a play, though, especially since you already have it. Heard good things about Deponia, but have not played it.

BTW, if anyone wants a free Torchlight II or Cognition key--I have no use for mine. Bought the bundle for Deponia, Among The Sleep, and RealMyst...

As sometimes happens, a great sale comes along at a time when I am broke! Oh, well. I am on the mailing list now so my days will come. In the meantime, I'd like to give Cognition a play if nobody else has asked for the key by now. However, it would be nice to wait a bit on that and make sure it isn't of use to Matt first who was asking about that game in particular and let him have it before me if he wants it.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary to the Mac Game Store!

Did you ask Ric about a mention of the sale on his MacGamerHQ site? Maybe he'd do that to raise some awareness. I am surprised and disappointed that Mac publications online would not mention it. Stupid. It is of benefit to their readers.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#11 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2438 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

none of the mac sites posted it. Just some PC sites.

That's disappointing.

FWIW I just tweeted about it. I don't have a lot of followers, but a couple of them work in the Mac game industry so maybe it'll get retweeted. I also submitted it to DealMac.

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 12 April 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

I'd like to give Cognition a play if nobody else has asked for the key by now. However, it would be nice to wait a bit on that and make sure it isn't of use to Matt first who was asking about that game in particular and let him have it before me if he wants it.

Kind of you to think of me. But I already picked up the bundle for RealMyst so I was just asking which of the others might be worth playing.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#12 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

Cheap Ass Gamer just tweeted it. The world knows now.

#13 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Oh, Ric at MacGamerHQ is away at the moment, so kind of bad timing there. When he pops back I'm sure he will post about it. He's good about keeping on mac gaming news!

-Fm [1oM7]

#14 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

Dalrymple at The Loop (Mac news site) just posted that you "can't go wrong" with the bundle.

#15 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 10 April 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

I am interested in that Real Myst, I think it would be awesome to see that place in a modern rendering.  How does that sucker run on a mid 2012 Mac Pro with a Sapphire 7xxx card?  I'd like to go lowball on the bundle but I'm afraid that you will post my name there with your little tattle tale module that lists names.  Nicely played MGS.  ::slow clap::

I've been playing it on a 2011-vintage 2.7 GHz i5 iMac equipped with a lowly Radeon 6770M, and it runs very well indeed. Very immersive, but damn, it's a brainteaser.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#16 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostCougar, on 13 April 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Dalrymple at The Loop (Mac news site) just posted that you "can't go wrong" with the bundle.

Ugh, Dalrymple is such a tool. Y do people listen to anything he has to say. But publicity is publicity
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#17 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

Ugh, Dalrymple is such a tool. Y do people listen to anything he has to say.

Because his yep/nopes regarding rumors are never wrong. It is well known Apple goes to him when they want something quietly confirmed/denied.  I'm not sure what you are getting at with the "tool" comment. I like his personality, but he's not a great writer and he can be way too effusive about Apple.

#18 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostCougar, on 13 April 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

but he's not a great writer and he can be way too effusive about Apple.

This. Right here. 10.10 has had mountains of bugs, issues, and other maladies. Especially in enterprise (where this be what I do). He'll be on YML swooning over Apple trimming their toenails and anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't "get" Apple. Look I'm an unabashed Apple fanboy, have been since 94'. The man has no perspective. However I'd sell out too, if laying on the fanboi extra thick gets you the extra juicy secrets I'll rain down the praise like it's going out of style.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#19 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3750 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostCougar, on 13 April 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Because his yep/nopes regarding rumors are never wrong. It is well known Apple goes to him when they want something quietly confirmed/denied.  I'm not sure what you are getting at with the "tool" comment. I like his personality, but he's not a great writer and he can be way too effusive about Apple.
That is an understatement of magnitude. He is by far the greatest Apple fanboy I've seen and some of his posts really make you cringe inside.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#20 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 13 April 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

He is by far the greatest Apple fanboy I've seen

I take it you don't visit the MacRumors forums?