• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 14 August 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

"release on Monday, August 14, at 11:00am Pacific / 2:00pm Eastern."

Greetings,

To manage expectation: the maintenance starts at 10 - there will be no downtime - but based on current progress of migration into the Blizzard App the actual live moment will be around 1 PM PDT.

Cheers,
Classic Games

https://us.battle.ne...age=10#post-191

Day9tv Twitch Launch
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#62 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#63 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2168 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Fired it up last night.  

Super impressed with the upgrade.  Yes, it doesn't look as good as SC2, but damn does it come close, which is astounding given how old it is.  

Gameplay is just as tight and well working as ever.  

Best 15$ i never spent.

#64 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

I must be the only one with zero interest in this. I play RTS games for the campaigns, and I beat SC and Brood War long ago. Glad it turned out well, though.

#65 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

Well, I would think also that the big draw here is the multiplayer for those who loved it in the past and also the large community of players that still do too. However, like with any old classic there are also many people who meant to get to it (the single player) and never did for whatever reasons (this would include me despite buying the battle chest and later registering it on my Blizzard account) and I think a pretty good number of younger people who've all heard of it and like RTS games, maybe play SCII, etc. would be excited about the original classic getting a nice facelift without messing up any of the stuff that made the game great and so long lasting.

Just my own case would be years of MMO play and not getting around to anything until recent years. It was not long after Starcraft's release that I became embroiled in EQ, etc. and just never got to it. I am a person who is really glad about all the remasters of various classic or even last gen games because I missed every one of them that I can think of off the top of my head but now I can enjoy stuff I have wanted to play for years on modern systems with varying degrees of improvements to them. To me, just being able to run some of this stuff is great and any improvements are just icing on the cake but that's just me.

I am nearing the end of Planescape Torment at last, playing the Enhanced Edition and finding it every bit as good as I hoped it would be. I bought it in a big box in 1999. I don't even mind admitting this stuff anymore where I know how much company I have in not getting to things.

Honestly, I had just installed and started playing Starcraft finally, when they announced the remaster. I had just met the Zerg for the first time and could not stop laughing as they decimated my base. I survived that by I think two units or maybe it was one. It was just so damned funny to me. So often, I'd heard the term zerg this or that in playing MMOs so to finally see where it came from was very cool. Talk about being out of touch and living under a rock, eh? Anyway, I stopped immediately in favor of waiting on the remaster. I really lucked out with the timing here. I will probably dig into this when I finish PST soon.

I'm not into multiplayer myself for this stuff. I suck way too much and would be eaten alive I think. Maybe I will get brave and try it after the campaigns but I am playing primarily for the single player too.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#66 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3771 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:31 AM

So, is it Metal, OpenGL or did they keep it software-rendered as with the original? :P
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#67 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Dang Battletnet app says StarCraft Remastered is "Playing Now" but it is NOT. Frustrating. Anyone know how to right this wrong?
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#68 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

I read that the remastered has dreaded internet DRM which I am too against so am sticking with 1.18 which is a great game.

#69 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

ArsTechnica Review: StarCraft Remastered review: Brood War keeps on ticking, clicking
macOS 10.12.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#70 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:11 AM

View PostSpike, on 16 August 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I read that the remastered has dreaded internet DRM which I am too against so am sticking with 1.18 which is a great game.

Not that im aware of.  Battle.net client works just fine offline.

#71 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostTetsuya, on 22 August 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

Not that im aware of.  Battle.net client works just fine offline.

I confirmed with Blizzard and Starcraft remastered has the same internet DRM as Starcraft II. Blizzard states it requires login once every 30 days. Playing Starcraft II my prefered offline was always getting map needs update errors and needing to keep going online and thus resulting in too much trouble to play and a bad experience for me.

Anyway Starcraft 1.18 is awesome and plays great anytime offline without errors!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: StarCraft, Blizzard