DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

I was pleased to find out that 2k is going to be late but does plan to update Civilization Revolution 2 and XCOM: Enemy Within. I got this info from their own support pages. Also, BG2:EE and Icewind Dale:EE have just been updated and BG:EE is coming soon. Torment was already 64 bit so not a problem.

I think I am good with my iOS games here once these few get their updates. Any other noteworthy ones you guys have been following or heard about?
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Spaceward Ho! unexpected got a 64 bit update recently; I thought that one was a goner.

No signs of life for Pit Droids or The Last Express, though. I mourned for them back when they stopped working on Macs, and now it's happening all over again. :-)

p.s. Rumor has it that the reclusive author of the iOS game Pawns is hoping to update it and get it back in the store before the end of the year. I have my doubts; he should get to work on it instead of hanging around the IMG forums, whining that he just doesn't have any spare time these days..
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#3 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:55 AM

Lunar Silver Star Story Touch just got a 64-bit update, that was a bit of a surprise. I thought it was dead, dead, dead.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 18 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

No signs of life for Pit Droids or The Last Express, though. I mourned for them back when they stopped working on Macs, and now it's happening all over again. :-)

The Last Express is a DOSBox game, and I used Boxer to get it to work several years ago. Worked fine.

#5 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

Littlewing Pinball games have not been updated so far and I doubt they will. :( Those and Lost Winds are the only ones I will be aad to see go.

Edit: Littlewing updated their apps today, 8 hours after my complaint! Yay! :D
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#6 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 19 September 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

Edit: Littlewing updated their apps today, 8 hours after my complaint! Yay! :D

Amazing!

If a game is still up on the store, there's always a chance. If it was already off the store though then the chances are negligible.

I'm going to miss some games, and regret not getting around to others, but this will at least force me to free up some space. (And teach me a lesson, maybe, about buying things I don't have time for? Nah, I never seem to learn THAT lesson.)

#7 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 18 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Spaceward Ho! unexpected got a 64 bit update recently; I thought that one was a goner.

That's...pretty awesome. I was playing that on my Mac LC back in the Cretaceous Era. I didn't know it was available for iOS.

Anyway. On topic; Elder Sign: Omens has been updated for iOS11. Quest of Yipe 5, which is also awesome sadly has not. No response from the author when I contacted him (last update was years ago).
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#8 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

I am happy to report that XCOM: Enemy Within has been updated to 64-bit for iOS 11.

#9 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

The only app I would really miss now, is Lost Winds, as it looks and plays very nicely, and I haven't beaten it yet.. So I am currently playing that, before I update to iOS11. By then, Apple has probably also fixed the worst bugs. :P
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#10 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

I imagine that any app that is remotely profitable will get updated as the update process is not hard (Apple has a pretty well-documented way to update apps). There will obviously be some apps that won't be worth it to Dev's to update, but for most apps that were created using Xcode and standard libraries, I imagine that process shouldn't take more than a few hours of actual development work, and then purposes some more time spent testing.

Some apps that I have that haven't been updated in years and aren't popular apps anymore received 64-bit updates, which I think lends credit to the idea that converting an app to 64 bit isn't very difficult.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#11 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 26 September 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Some apps that I have that haven't been updated in years and aren't popular apps anymore received 64-bit updates, which I think lends credit to the idea that converting an app to 64 bit isn't very difficult.

I think you are right but there are other factors. You can continue to sell old games as-is, but as soon as you update them you are committing to support new screen resolutions, for instance.

I imagine that any app that is remotely profitable will get updated
Unfortunately their definition of profitable isn't often the same as ours. Surely a game like Peggle Classic would still sell copies, but if the company makes a calculation that they'd make more money with a new game, they pull the old one. Sometimes there is the cost of a game license as well.

I remember one example: the guy who made Tiny Tower was commissioned to make a Star Wars version, and the publisher took it down pretty quickly without warning him. It was making chump change from their point of view but to him it was earning significant income, which was suddenly gone.

#12 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

The first Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is updated now for iOS 11. :)