Like realistic road racing?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NAPA15

NAPA15

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 03:16 PM

If there is anyone around that enjoys realistic road racing.. say like the Trans Am Series or even the Prototype Carsz.. there is a GREAT mod for Nascar Racing Season 2003. It's called Redline GTP and we race online using it every other Sunday evening. You want realism.. we're the place. You want arcade, stick with Ford Racing 2 and Racer.

We are THE ONLY organized online racing league on the Mac!

MACAR Red Line Racing League

NAPA15

#2 simsbaby

simsbaby

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

Racer is not arcade and mods are not worth charging for. Make your own game. :rolleyes:

Intel iMac 2 GHz Core Duo
Ram : 2 GB
Hard Drive : 250 GB

#3 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

simsbaby, on August 24th 2005, 06:18 PM, said:

Racer is not arcade and mods are not worth charging for. Make your own game. :rolleyes:

View Post

Where do you see that they are charging for the mod?  I'd be interested to look into that... as far as I know, it's illegal to charge for a mod to a game you did not make.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:14 PM

I'd be interested to look into it too, on a cursory tour I didn't see anything for sale.  If they are selling something then this is spam, if they are only a game league looking for Mac players to join them then that's fine.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 simsbaby

simsbaby

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

http://www.rlrl.fire...rlrl_rules_2005 under number 3.

Intel iMac 2 GHz Core Duo
Ram : 2 GB
Hard Drive : 250 GB

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

the web page said:

3. All league drivers are REQUIRED to pay the league fee of $20.00 (USD). This fee is a total of $2.00 per month for the 10 month racing season. All league fees are used for league prizes.

This isn't a money making venture.  The fee goes to the winners.  I don't think this is spam.  Thank you for pointing out that this might be spam simsbaby, I appreciate your diligence.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 NAPA15

NAPA15

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:17 PM

WOW - my post certainly was not a spam post. I too can appreciate the concern over spam posters though, as myself and another admin of our league have to clean out our forum area most every day from bogus registers.

Anyway.. it is not spam, but a serious post just letting people know what is available on the Mac for the race fan. I'm willing to bet there are many race fans who are not even aware that the Nascar Sim is available for the Mac.. OR that you can get add-ons (mods) for it that will change it from a Nascar only sim to anything from an open wheel IndyCar sim to a Trans Am sim to a sim where you can go back to the Days of Thunder time and race those '88 model stock cars.

Yes, we do charge a fee but that is because we provide trophies and other prizes. There is no charge for any mod (they are all free, and not made by us anyway).

So, if you are interested checking out any of the information I have provided.. check the link I posted above and you can find what you need, or even how to contact me directly. If you're not interested, proceed with your regularly scheduled program.  :D

#8 plracing

plracing

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:01 AM

I can vouch for what NAPA is saying, I've been a member since February.  The league is well run and it's a blast.  I am involved in the Trans-Am/GTP portion of the league, but there are also Cup races, Busch, and Craftsman Truck races as well.  The guys in the league are great, all of a very high caliber both in driving ability and personality, at least all the ones I've dealt with.  If you enjoy driving racing sims at all, come give it a try.  Who knows, you might just like it :)

Tom

#9 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

NAPA15, on August 24th 2005, 05:16 PM, said:

If there is anyone around that enjoys realistic road racing..

no...

i just prefer to drive my real car fast and agressive. much more interesting than playing vids. seriously.

#10 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:41 AM

hambone, on August 29th 2005, 03:41 PM, said:

i just prefer to drive my real car fast and agressive.

Ah, I must've seen you on the roads near my house, then. I'm pretty sure that must've been you they way you were driving ;)

Trivia Fact for Today: Almost 200,000 dead on US roads in car accidents since 9/11. Drive safe folks.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#11 Gerwin

Gerwin

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:49 PM

Still, Racer is not arcade! It's a simulation.