What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1909 replies to this topic

#1901 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1655 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:30 AM

Microsoft’s is actually a really good deal. Play $2 and get access to brand new games like Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds. At that price I wouldn’t mind not owning since I never replay games. I’d strongly consider it if I didn’t have a backlog that reached the moon.

#1902 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4354 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:19 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 10 September 2019 - 01:51 AM, said:

Because you clearly enjoy them?

There are too few to enjoy. Its cheaper buying them directly (the ones I want to even bother playing), than to pay $15/mo forever just so I can possibly hop into one. I just don't understand game subscriptions when theres so few choices.

Now something like getting access to 500+ games for ten bucks a month... that makes more sense.

Its not as bad as Adobe though.........

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#1903 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostCougar, on 10 September 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

Microsoft's is actually a really good deal. Play $2 and get access to brand new games like Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds. At that price I wouldn't mind not owning since I never replay games. I'd strongly consider it if I didn't have a backlog that reached the moon.

$2 where? Here it's only for two months, then that becomes 15 per month, don't get fooled by marketing tricks. The PC only game pass will be $10 a month once out of beta.

#1904 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2279 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:59 PM

Bing Bong rewards baby. I haven't paid for Xbox Live for years, and now have Game Pass through 2021.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#1905 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4144 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

Finished up Broken Sword 5. Still the most gorgeous looking adventure game I've ever played! Great animations, very nice voice acting, good dialog writing. Unfortunately I do think the plot was a bit too uninteresting, especially in the first part, and the ending was just too over the top.. Also, the first half of the game dragged on way too long, and lacked interesting and complex puzzles. Fortunately the second part had some more interesting and complicated puzzles, and the story was more interesting I think. But I do feel that the game needed more puzzles to work out, and most of those that were there were either too easy or way too hard.

I think the most annoying thing about the game was that while the animations were really good, you always had to wait for characters to finish their animations, before you could interact with stuff. This made the game go quite slowly, which I could have been without. For a game where you need to interact with many things, and try out MANY combinations, this became a huge time waster. But otherwise I didn't encounter no bugs. I should mention that you can't tab out of the game, so that was also pretty annoying for when you actually did become stuck, since you had to quit in order to look up a walkthrough. :P

That being said, I did enjoy it, but I do feel it could have been a bit better. If there ever is a Broken Sword 6 I will play it for sure though, because I really like the main characters, and as said, it looked *amazing*. In the end, 3/5 from me.

Next up, a real classic I never got around to finish back when I was a kid: Syndicate!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1906 jos

jos

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:06 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 15 September 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

I should mention that you can't tab out of the game, so that was also pretty annoying for when you actually did become stuck, since you had to quit in order to look up a walkthrough. :P

Isn't that the perfect job for your iPad?

#1907 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4144 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:42 PM

View Postjos, on 16 September 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Isn't that the perfect job for your iPad?
Yes it is. I did end up using my iPhone at the end, instead of quitting the game repeatedly.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1908 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1655 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

I must have looked at this thread last night, because I dreamed Charles Cecil demoed Broken Sword 6 to me and some other random people. The game had combat, which he demonstrated to us by having us play with wooden swords and shields. It also had a portrait mode on iOS, with the unused portions of the screen taken up by a Power Macintosh 5200 LC so it looked like you were playing on one. My dream-self is crazy...

#1909 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2797 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:03 PM

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, except for the Croft Manor mini-story which I'll probably knock off tomorrow. I did the story, plus all the tombs and caves. Not going to bother getting all the collectibles.

Gorgeous graphics, as usual. I enjoyed the gameplay as much as the previous one. Story was okay, though I got tired of it by the end. Final sequence was combat heavy, which is not the series' strong suit. Like the Batman games, I enjoyed it enough to want to play the next one ("Shadow"), but not before a long break.

This may be off base, but it seems to me "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" would have been a better title for this one, given that Lara's relationship to her archeologist father motives some of the story. Then they could have called the final game of the trilogy "Rise of the Tomb Raider".

Haven't picked my next game yet.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#1910 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2797 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - This was a mistake. I got it because it was on sale, and as usual I fired it up so that the publisher of the Mac version would get credit for the sale (Steam has a secret formula involving which platform gets the first N minutes of play.) But in this case the Mac and PC versions have the same publisher. Plus I got it from GOG, and I don't even know if their formula is like Steam's.

Neither of those was the mistake though. The mistake was thinking I could fire up a deep and pretty RPG like this for 10 minutes without thinking "why not roll up a character", and then starting act 1 "just to see how it looks". Now I'm "just seeing how act 2 ends", and will then "take a quick look at act 3".

Untitled Goose Game - This was not a mistake. I saw the trailer, showed it to my daughter, and we immediately bought it and played it together on her Switch. Big thumbs up. There is a Mac version too, though I think its exclusive to Epic for now. Steam says they'll get it "late 2020"(!)
I'd say more but given the reviews and memes already out there, no one on the internet will be able to avoid hearing about this one.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB