#1 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:10 AM

Hullo everyone. :]

Just want to introduce the Feral master account — speedcat_feral! Speedcat is here to be Feral’s official representative on forums.

Feel free to address Speedcat in all your Feral-related Mac gaming queries, comments and Skyrim requests.

Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#2 speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

Hello Mac gamers!
Posted Image  I'm from Feral Interactive.

#3 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:23 AM

Skyrim requests? Never heard of Skyrim...

A speedy welcome to you Speedcat.

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3356 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

Greetings speedcat. Let me put you to work right away:

Can you tell the powers that be to port Age of Empires II HD Edition to Mac? The Mac version of Age of Empires 2 stopped working years ago (was originally developed for PPC) :(

The HD remake of the game on windows has a pretty healthy player base and since the game is quite old it would actually run well on pretty much every Mac.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS High Sierra
Gaming Build: i5 8400 || Vega 56 || 16 GB DDR4 || 960 Evo NVMe || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || Xbox One X || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#5 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:19 PM

Welcome - despite all the social media options these days this forum is where all the Mac gaming elite hangout :)
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.14

#6 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:04 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 23 May 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Can you tell the powers that be to port Age of Empires II HD Edition to Mac? The Mac version of Age of Empires 2 stopped working years ago (was originally developed for PPC) :(

The HD remake of the game on windows has a pretty healthy player base and since the game is quite old it would actually run well on pretty much every Mac.

Brad Oliver did the original OS X port, so it would make sense. I'd also love the original, which I never played. It recently got a (Window-store only, yuck) remaster.

View Postmattw, on 23 May 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Welcome - despite all the social media options these days this forum is where all the Mac gaming elite hangout :)

All ten of them, half of which mainly play on PC or console these days.

#7 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:38 PM

Hi speedcat.

AoE and AoE 2 would also be nice on iOS, with their expansions of course. Let's see, what else... Fallout 1 & 2 would be good.

Oh, yeah I almost forgot you guys need to port Skyrim to iOS too. I don't understand what is taking so long. If anyone can crush Skyrim into 4 gigs, it's Feral. Don't forget the notch!

Speaking of the notch, I look forward to Rome Total War on the iPhone X soon!

You'll like it here and find us to be very reasonable in our expectations.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#8 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

Definitely this. I've always loved Age of Empires II. It was one of the first games I ever played on our first PC and it was the first RTS game I ever played. I absolutely loved that game and literally spent hundreds of hours with this game. To me Age of Empires II is still one of the best games ever made and simply the best RTS game ever and the best product Microsoft has ever released. Seeing this game magically pop up in the Mac App Store someday would be an instant buy for me.

#9 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6183 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

Great, another cat to deal with. Isn't a battle cat enough? Now we have one on speed. Y'all are killin' me.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.6 GHz i7 9900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#10 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:15 AM

Speedcat: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Mass Effect 1-3, Assasins Creed 3+, Far Cry 1+, for Mac. You may reply to this thread when you've convinced your superiors to start porting them. Thank you very much! :pinkpony:

Oh, and Half-Life 3 now we are at it, please. But I will allow you to reply to the thread before this is confirmed in the making. I am that kind.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#11 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2633 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:41 AM

View PostCougar, on 23 May 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Brad Oliver did the original OS X port, so it would make sense.

And was a beta tester on it, so it makes double sense! Maybe.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#12 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 24 May 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

The Witcher 3, Far Cry 1+, for Mac.

Yes, please. The first Far Cry was an absolutely amazing game and very high in my list of favourite games. This brilliant game would be an instant buy for if released for the Mac.

The Witcher series is something I'm also very interested in. I've actually got the first one for the PC, but until now I've never found the time to play it.

Another great game I'd love to play on the Mac would be F.E.A.R. and the expansion packs and of course the new Doom and Wolfenstein games, but after Rage we haven't seen any games from id Software on the Mac, so I don't have any hope it's ever going to happen. Of course, I also don't have any hope Far Cry of F.E.A.R. are ever going to be released on the Mac, especially since they're considered old games by now, but one can only dream.

Now that I think of older games:
Intel-compatible versions of the Max Payne series (how much work is it actually to port from PPC to 64-bit Intel?) and the first Mafia (so we can play the whole trilogy on the Mac, instead of just the last two games).

#13 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

View Postjos, on 24 May 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

The Witcher series is something I'm also very interested in. I've actually got the first one for the PC, but until now I've never found the time to play it.

The combat in the first Witcher is very...bad. The story is quite good, however. My general recommendation for new Witcher players is to watch a movie version of 1 on YouTube and then play 2 and 3.

#14 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2633 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

I like how everyone immediately piled in with suggestions for future ports.. almost as if Speedcat had asked for some. :-)
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#15 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 24 May 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

I like how everyone immediately piled in with suggestions for future ports.. almost as if Speedcat had asked for some. :-)

It's all Ellie's fault for mentioning Skyrim. She stirred up the shark tank before tossing the new rep in. :-)
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#16 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3979 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, she essentially tossed body parts into shark waters, waited a few minutes, and then tossed him in after. You have to question Ferals morals at this point. Maybe we need to establish a rescue operation to get him out of his cage, in the Feral headquarters? Fortunately it will be easy, as we have all played at least one SWAT/Rescue operation/Infiltrate and kill, games in our time.. 8)

And as a bonus, while we infiltrate, we can steal tons of free games - Even the unreleased and unannounced ones!! I am sure they have a complete Mass Effect trilogy running in their labs after years of me complaining, but they can't release it due to licensing issues - or, now that I think of it due to the behavior above - The pure evilness of Ferals morals.... I am sure they will PM me a screenshot of it running on a Mac soon, just to annoy me...

I didn't have too high expectations due to the age of the game, and the fact that I hadnt heard too much about it back then.
It completely blew me away when I played it 2 years ago. It was an amazing experience! I highly recommend it.

View PostCougar, on 24 May 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

The combat in the first Witcher is very...bad. The story is quite good, however. My general recommendation for new Witcher players is to watch a movie version of 1 on YouTube and then play 2 and 3.
I didn't mind the combat at all. it actually felt fresh to me, since it was so different from other games, and I picked it up easily. It actually requires some skill other than 'click on enemy and wait until he is dead'. So I say play it while it still works on modern macOS'.. :)
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#17 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:08 AM

Yes, please. The first Far Cry was an absolutely amazing game and very high in my list of favourite games. This brilliant game would be an instant buy for if released for the Mac.

Another great game I'd love to play on the Mac would be F.E.A.R. and the expansion packs and of course the new Doom and Wolfenstein games, but after Rage we haven't seen any games from id Software on the Mac, so I don't have any hope it's ever going to happen. Of course, I also don't have any hope Far Cry of F.E.A.R. are ever going to be released on the Mac, especially since they're considered old games by now, but one can only dream.

Now that I think of older games:
Intel-compatible versions of the Max Payne series (how much work is it actually to port from PPC to 64-bit Intel?) and the first Mafia (so we can play the whole trilogy on the Mac, instead of just the last two games).

FarCry 1, FEAR, Max Payne 1 & 2 all work in WINE - still have them installed on my Mac and cheap in GOG sales etc.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.14

#18 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 24 May 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

I didn't mind the combat at all. it actually felt fresh to me, since it was so different from other games, and I picked it up easily. It actually requires some skill other than 'click on enemy and wait until he is dead'. So I say play it while it still works on modern macOS'.. :)

The "skill" was clicking whenever your mouse cursor was highlighted.  Or clicking at the audio cue if you had hard mode on. They used the NWN engine which wasn't really designed for third person combat and you could tell--the whole thing felt like it was about to break when you played it.

#19 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

Cougar, you can play the Witcher 1 in isometric view like NWN rather than third person, that's what I did. Sadly they removed this option in Witcher 2.

#20 speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the friendly welcome, all! You might have wondered where I've been, or how I've been getting along with all your requests...

You may reply to this thread when you've convinced your superiors to start porting them. Thank you very much!

Maybe I took Thain Esh Kelch a little too seriously :P.

Can you tell the powers that be to port Age of Empires II HD Edition to Mac? The Mac version of Age of Empires 2 stopped working years ago (was originally developed for PPC)

That's a shame about the PPC version of the original version :( if we ever have any news to share on Age of Empires II: HD Edition, I'll be here faster than you can say "Great Mosque of Samarra"!

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 23 May 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

Hi speedcat.

AoE and AoE 2 would also be nice on iOS, with their expansions of course. Let's see, what else... Fallout 1 & 2 would be good.

Oh, yeah I almost forgot you guys need to port Skyrim to iOS too. I don't understand what is taking so long. If anyone can crush Skyrim into 4 gigs, it's Feral. Don't forget the notch!

As you mentioned, we're toiling away to bring ROME: Total War to iPhone, and another mystery iOS project that's floating on the Feral Radar. Perhaps that mystery project is Age of Empires... or Fallout... or Skyrim... or a mix of all three?

Speedcat: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Mass Effect 1-3, Assasins Creed 3+, Far Cry 1+, for Mac. You may reply to this thread when you've convinced your superiors to start porting them. Thank you very much! :pinkpony:

Oh, and Half-Life 3 now we are at it, please. But I will allow you to reply to the thread before this is confirmed in the making. I am that kind.

Now there's a list! Afraid I have nothing to share on those games but... Wait a minute... In your first sentence, there are 3 instances of the number 3. Coincidence, or Half-Life 3 confirmed as an exclusive for IMG users?

No news on Far Cry, F.E.A.R, DOOM or Wolfenstein, but that doesn't mean you should stop dreaming! Plus, nobody else has mentioned DOOM yet, and it wouldn't be a Mac requests thread without the DOOM/Skyrim/Witcher holy trinity!

Phew. So many requests. Thain, DirtyHarry, if you could execute that rescue operation now, that would be great :P .
Posted Image  I'm from Feral Interactive.