#2921 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:15 PM

View PostBoland, on 03 April 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

You won't see any files in the public depots. They're updating the encrypted QA branch.
The files will get moved to the public depots once the game is ready for release.

Ok, good that some things appear to be happening but Poor Bob's been stock on the radar for "Quite soon", for 15 months. :)

#2922 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:59 PM

Feral seems to be concentrating on the new 'GRID' for now, with Steam Depots for Mac and Linux recently appearing.
'Dirt Rally 2.0' might still come at a later date.

#2923 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8555 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:08 PM

I'm wondering whether they are also working on a port of the surprise XCOM spin-off.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2924 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 26 April 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm wondering whether they are also working on a port of the surprise XCOM spin-off.
I really hope they are, because Aspyr surely isn't.

#2925 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:07 AM

There's nothing coming soon on the radar. I wonder if Switch ports are taking most of Feral's time (and to make things worse, they produce excellent ports, which must take time) or if they're busy porting older games to 64 bit Metal. It could be both. :unsure:

#2926 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4311 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:33 AM

View Postjeannot, on 24 May 2020 - 12:07 AM, said:

or if they're busy porting older games to 64 bit Metal. It could be both. :unsure:
I hope for either. Feral makes excellent ports, but there are soo many games we are loosing to the 64 bit apocalypse...
"They're everywhere!" -BOB

#2927 jos

jos

Forum Member of the Month

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:24 AM

Still hoping they're working on a 64-bit Metal version of Mafia 2. However, somehow I think we've seen the end of their 32-bit to 64-bit conversions. I think this is it and they're not going to spend any more time and money into porting those games that haven't been re-released already. It's been about a year since they pulled their 32-bit games from digital stores. If there isn't a 64-bit port after one year I don't think it'll ever happen.

EDIT:
After posting this I suddenly see Forum Member of the Month under my username. What the Hell? When did that happen and why? Anyway, thanks. What an honour. :)

#2928 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

View Postjos, on 24 May 2020 - 06:24 AM, said:

However, somehow I think we've seen the end of their 32-bit to 64-bit conversions. I think this is it and they're not going to spend any more time and money into porting those games that haven't been re-released already. It's been about a year since they pulled their 32-bit games from digital stores. If there isn't a 64-bit port after one year I don't think it'll ever happen.
I agree, can't blame them. Though I hope Feral is still work on bringing 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' to the Mac App Store.

On the other side of the pond, Aspyr has been faffing about updating 'C&C: Generals' to 64-bit, but recently had to admit defeat.

#2929 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8555 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:29 AM

View Postjos, on 24 May 2020 - 06:24 AM, said:

Still hoping they're working on a 64-bit Metal version of Mafia 2.
Well, the game very recently got a remastered version. That might be a good opportunity…

After posting this I suddenly see Forum Member of the Month under my username. What the Hell? When did that happen and why?
Well, the moderators sometimes mess around with the forum titles. I'm still not sure if someone has noticed that they have been an Olympic mascot for a couple of years by now…

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2930 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 24 May 2020 - 12:33 AM, said:

I hope for either. Feral makes excellent ports, but there are soo many games we are loosing to the 64 bit apocalypse...
Brace yourself for the openGL apocalypse... :crying:

#2931 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8555 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:00 AM

View Postjeannot, on 24 May 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

Brace yourself for the openGL apocalypse... :crying:
...and the ARM Apocalypse.

#2932 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 24 May 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

...and the ARM Apocalypse.

Frankly the OpenGL apocalypse is bad enough as - aside from entertainment - I have a bunch of work apps that use OpenGL and I know for a fact won't be updated.

As for ARM, if that breaks compatibility with existing apps (and I wouldn't put anything beyond Apple at this stage), then it's time to jump ship to that other platform. Yes, it's crappy and ugly and inefficient, but at least it's compatible with stuff.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#2933 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8555 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:54 AM

View Postnick68k, on 24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

As for ARM, if that breaks compatibility with existing apps...
That's not so much a question of "if", but rather of "when".

Even if Apple has a magic Intel emulator for ARM, and even if this emulator is performant enough for games, sooner or later it will be removed, like every compatibility layer Apple had before.

#2934 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4311 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:28 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 24 May 2020 - 11:54 AM, said:

That's not so much a question of "if", but rather of "when".

Even if Apple has a magic Intel emulator for ARM, and even if this emulator is performant enough for games, sooner or later it will be removed, like every compatibility layer Apple had before.
They won't remove it as long as Apple doesn't have a high-end Intel processor replacement, and I'll eat the source code for Logic Pro if it turns out they have that.

#2935 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:33 PM

Interestingly enough, the only thing that would absolutely tie me to Apple would be abandonment of the Windows version of iTunes. I have too much money tied up in store content to lose access to that. (Although I imagine even Apple wouldn't go as far as that).
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#2936 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

I'll be going Linux
macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/48GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT

macOS 10.15.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

#2937 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:43 AM

Feral announced via their newsletter, that they are porting 'BioShock 2 Remastered'.

BioShock 2 is getting remastered.
We've been splicing game code to create BioShock 2 Remastered, and reclaim the alluring underwater metropolis that is Rapture.
Keep an eye on our social media for more about this plasmid-enhanced release.

#2938 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8555 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:55 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 29 May 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

Feral announced via their newsletter, that they are porting 'BioShock 2 Remastered'.
That'll be "Poor Bob", as expected.

#2939 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:26 PM

View PostMr Pink, on 29 May 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

Holy cow! Great news! I wonder if you get it for free on Steam if you have the old one or for Windows. I bought Bioshock 2 Remastered and Minerva's Den for Windows on sale to get Bioshock 2 for Mac when it wasn't longer available for Mac. If I'm not wrong I should be able to download it since I have the Windows version. Really hope so. :D

#2940 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4311 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:42 AM

View Postnick68k, on 24 May 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

Interestingly enough, the only thing that would absolutely tie me to Apple would be abandonment of the Windows version of iTunes. I have too much money tied up in store content to lose access to that. (Although I imagine even Apple wouldn't go as far as that).
You do know that iTunes music is DRM free?