23 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

Hey Marines, are any of you jangle toothed yoinks up for some midweek co-op?  My Mac can't game anymore so it needs to be PC game or cross platform. I'm up for FPS only as this genre is what makes my wartime nightmares become manageable.

If you are down for the struggle then contact me via PM so that we can swap Discord and Steam or other game provider identities and friend up, figure out games, times, and hammer out any other logistics.  I'm Pacific Standard Time just so you know if it will be possible time-wise.  If you don't have Discord then get it, I'm a cat, I can't type chat worth a darn.

I am super cooperative, sharing any and all, and will listen to anyone who has the best plan for a particular battle.  I will revive you even at the cost of my life.  I have 9 so it's really no big deal for me.

If you are not willing to fight back-to-back with the Battle Cat then I only have one word for you punk, The Look:

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Hackintosh is that difficult to run on your current set up then? SteamOS?
What is a man?

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1733 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:03 PM

For FPS to interest me these days it has to be story-based...can't think of any good story-based co-operative FPS games off the top of my head.

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

You two are the worst. :rolleyes:  Play don't say!!

PS:  you just got the look

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4235 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:05 AM

View PostCougar, on 17 January 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

For FPS to interest me these days it has to be story-based...can't think of any good story-based co-operative FPS games off the top of my head.
Marathon!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8503 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:39 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 17 January 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

I am super cooperative, sharing any and all, and will listen to anyone who has the best plan for a particular battle.  I will revive you even at the cost of my life.
I can confirm that.

View PostCougar, on 17 January 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

One of most recent releases that fits that bill almost perfectly would be Halo MCC. Well, Halo: Reach, as it's so far the only one of the bunch available for PC.

But with some leeway on what you consider "story-based", all the Borderlands or Shadow Warrior 2 would also qualify. Or Destiny 2, if you only play the campaign missions.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:57 AM

I have all the Borderlands, Halo MCC, and Destiny 2.  I have Shadow Warrior 2 but my experience with SW2 co-op is that it crashes a lot... let me rephrase that, IT CRASHES A LOT!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1733 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 18 January 2020 - 04:39 AM, said:

But with some leeway on what you consider "story-based", all the Borderlands or Shadow Warrior 2 would also qualify. Or Destiny 2, if you only play the campaign missions.

Oh, I forgot Halo: Reach campaign has co-op. I'd be down for that, but I was going to wait to play it til they fix the sound.

Not interested in Borderlands or Destiny. Looter shooters really aren't my thing, nor is the Borderlands humor. (Though I liked the Telltale game.)

#9 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6201 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:46 PM

Put me down for Halo: MCC and/or Destiny 2, love and can't get enough of either.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.6 GHz i7 9900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:26 PM

View PostCougar, on 18 January 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

Oh, I forgot Halo: Reach campaign has co-op. I'd be down for that, but I was going to wait to play it til they fix the sound.

Posted Image

I see you in the IMG channel on Discord.  Send me Discord private message when you are satisfied with the sound.

Not interested in Borderlands or Destiny. Looter shooters really aren't my thing, nor is the Borderlands humor. (Though I liked the Telltale game.)

Posted Image

View PostFrost, on 18 January 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Put me down for Halo: MCC and/or Destiny 2, love and can't get enough of either.

Posted Image

We already have a Discord PM going, let's continue this conversation there.  Let me know when you can be available.  Also a good game for us would be Wildlands but first Destiny 2 as you can give me a lot of story background as we play.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

So that's it?  The rest of you guys are just going to weenie out?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#12 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8503 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:00 PM

Well, I really would, but these pesky time zones make it very difficult at least.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#13 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4235 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

Time zones, 9 year old computer, children.. yeah.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#14 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2334 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:28 AM

Can we give them away???
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#15 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 11:39 AM

Actually we CAN give them away and make a tidy profit too.  I'll contact my organ harvesting buddies and... wait, you mean these guys or the children?  Hmmm, no matter, same difference.  Expect a visit from Uncle Tub.

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#16 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1475 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

I've been some combination of sick/busy/traveling for the last 2 months, but I should have more time to game these days! Also looking for some coop buddy adventures! FPS is my favorite genre. Let's talk Mr Cat!
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

27" iMac, Core i7 Quad 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

#17 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:55 AM

Posted Image

PM sent!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#18 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3392 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:10 PM

You can also put me down on the Halo:MCC, Destiny2 coop list.

Love both of those games.
2019 16" MBP: i7 9750H @ 2.6 GHz || Radeon 5500M 4GB || 16 GB DDR4 || 512 GB SSD || macOS Catalina
Desktop PC: R5 3600X || GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 || 16 GB DDR4 || 960 Evo NVMe + 1TB Seagate FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#19 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Ima need help in Destiny 2 with the splainin'  I know you on Discord, so we are almost there.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17580 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:19 PM

Hey, my dance card is filled up!  I hoped for the best and expected the worst but it turned out to be the best so not only was I not disappointed I was the other thing... er, appointed?  Now my brain hurts.  Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read the request, but special thanks (Think "thanks wearing a bicycle helmet") to those who responded to the the call of the wild.  Now I have a lot of different great games lined up to play with awesome people.  Ima stamp this prayer, "ANSWERED".
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat