Prodeus (A bloody gore throwback to the 90s)

prodeus fps shooter blood gore fast-paced old-school kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jos

jos

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

I recently discovered a game called Prodeus. It's currently in development, should go into Early Access in the autumn of 2019 while the full release should be in 2020. It's being developed by just two people who previously worked on games like 2016th iteration of Doom, the new Wolfenstein, BioShock: Infinite, Singularity, Payday 2 and some Call of Duty games. The project is also on Kickstarter with at the moment nine more days to go.

The way I'd describe this game is as a bloody gore throwback to the 90s. It's a fast-paced first-person shooter with many enemies coming towards you, a lot of blood and gore, coloured key-cards to collect to open doors, a lot of blood and gore, tons of secrets to find and enemies who'll turn everything into a bloody gore mess when you shoot them. Did I mention the game is full of blood and gore? Blood will even stay on the map, instead of just disappear like in other games. Of course, if you're a pussy you can turn down the amount of blood and gore. The whole game is just very customisable. You can adjust the amount of blood and gore, adjust the graphics to use 216p and sprites to make it really look like a game from the 90s or choose to play in 1080p+ with 3D models, you can customise the HUD and there's a level editor included.

I think this game looks absolutely amazing and according to the FAQ on Kickstarter the game will be available on Mac:
"Linux and Mac support?
Yes! For Early Access, we are targeting Windows, Mac and Linux."

Official website:
http://www.prodeusgame.com

Project on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstar...prodeus/prodeus

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/ProdeusGame

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2312 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

This looks pretty good. I am a sucker for 90s style FPS games. I loved STRAFE. Unfortunately I have been burned by kickstarter's promising Mac before.

Looking at you Bard's Tale IV.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4173 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

Looks like Quake 2 with upgraded graphics.

Edit:

View Postmacdude22, on 14 April 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

I loved STRAFE.
Man, that game looks bad!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:11 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 14 April 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

This looks pretty good. I am a sucker for 90s style FPS games. I loved STRAFE. Unfortunately I have been burned by kickstarter's promising Mac before.

Looking at you Bard's Tale IV.

What do you mean? It’s coming alongside the director’s cut in June, which I’m waiting for anyway, playing in Windows.

#5 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2312 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:12 AM

View PostCougar, on 15 April 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

What do you mean? It's coming alongside the director's cut in June, which I'm waiting for anyway, playing in Windows.

I didn't kickstart Bard's Tale IV to have to wait 2 years for the Mac release. Until it's in my hands (as promised in the kickstarter) it's vaporware as far as I'm concerned. Cosmic Star Heroine is another one that the Mac release has never materialized.

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 15 April 2019 - 01:24 AM, said:

Looks like Quake 2 with upgraded graphics.

Edit:

Man, that game looks bad!

I should preface that I loved STRAFE at the 90% off price I got it at GOG for. Game is called STRAFE, can confirm I strafed a lot. Game met expectations.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#6 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

Heh. Well, after backing Wasteland 2, I backed Bard’s Tale IV full well I’d only be playing after the game is fully patched.

And it’s made easier by the fact that we got Bard’s Tale I-III remasters for free. I do hope those come to the Mac as they’re perfect laptop games. They said they’d start working on ports after III was released, but I haven’t heard anything.

#7 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8478 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostCougar, on 15 April 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

And it's made easier by the fact that we got Bard's Tale I-III remasters for free. I do hope those come to the Mac as they're perfect laptop games. They said they'd start working on ports after III was released, but I haven't heard anything.

Last official statement from April 1:

As we have messaged since last summer, we're looking into it now that all three games are out. A determination hasn't been made yet. Once there is, we will let folks know.

I doubt it will still happen.

By the way, DUSK is apparently a really excellent 90s style fps. Also has a Mac version.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#8 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2830 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:16 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 15 April 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

Game is called STRAFE, can confirm I strafed a lot. Game met expectations.
Good point! Many games could do a better job of setting expectations by choosing a name that tells you what you'd be doing.

GUNS GUNS GUNS
THROW CONTROLLER AT WALL
GOOGLE "BIOSHOCK INFINITE ENDING EXPLAINED"
etc.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#9 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:15 AM

View Postjos, on 14 April 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

I recently discovered a game called Prodeus. It's currently in development, should go into Early Access in the autumn of 2019 while the full release should be in 2020. It's being developed by just two people who previously worked on games like 2016th iteration of Doom, the new Wolfenstein, BioShock: Infinite, Singularity, Payday 2 and some Call of Duty games. The project is also on Kickstarter with at the moment nine more days to go.

The way I'd describe this game is as a bloody gore throwback to the 90s. It's a fast-paced first-person shooter with many enemies coming towards you, a lot of blood and gore, coloured key-cards to collect to open doors, a lot of blood and gore, tons of secrets to find and enemies who'll turn everything into a bloody gore mess when you shoot them. Did I mention the game is full of blood and gore? Blood will even stay on the map, instead of just disappear like in other games. Of course, if you're a pussy you can turn down the amount of blood and gore. The whole game is just very customisable. You can adjust the amount of blood and gore, adjust the graphics to use 216p and sprites to make it really look like a game from the 90s or choose to play in 1080p+ with 3D models, you can customise the HUD and there's a level editor included.

I think this game looks absolutely amazing and according to the FAQ on Kickstarter the game will be available on Mac:
"Linux and Mac support?
Yes! For Early Access, we are targeting Windows, Mac and Linux."

Official website:
http://www.prodeusgame.com

Project on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstar...prodeus/prodeus

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/ProdeusGame

Omg ��
Thanks for making this thread, otherwise I would have totally missed out
How come I have always been missing out from games like this on kickstarter ???
I wish I could have backed it !!UGGGUUGV I LOVE BACKING THINGS ON  Kickstarter with Apple Pay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prodeus, fps, shooter, blood, gore, fast-paced, old-school, kickstarter