Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: An Introduction by Sir Hammerlock AND TORGUE!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

NSFW.  I just now saw this video, it's only a couple days old so I'm posting it.  Plus it made me lol a bunch.  

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

Makes me laugh every time I see it!

#3 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2193 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

I just... i really...

i dunno.  I WANT to like this game.  I really do.  BL1 and 2 were great games.  

I still have absolutely no interest in this game of any kind.  The characters look beyond lame and unenjoyable, and the new "mechanics" look counter-fun and hate-inducing.  

Let me use this as an add-on to BL2 and play it with Axton, or let me play it with BL1 characters, or something.  Then i might buy it.  Otherwise, this is looking like a straight up "nope".

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Open your mercy file and play Claptrap.

Having bought one of those redonkulous ultimate loot hunter BL2 boxes I will say I'm going to hold off on this and grab it on a 50% off steam deal. I got 650 other games to play, Defiance, and I'll fill in the blanks by drinking whiskeyBL2 with the battle cat.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3356 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

I too am sorta reluctant to pick up this version of borderlands. BL 1 and 2 were amazing, with 2 bringing in a lot of fresh ideas and awesome improvements.

Nothing in BL:PS looks to be very innovative. It seems like the only real gameplay changes are the low gravity and double jumping, neither of which are innovative at all. I'm sure the actual game will be fun as hell, it just sorta seems like a big content expansion for BL2, not really a stand alone game.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS High Sierra
Gaming Build: i5 8400 || Vega 56 || 16 GB DDR4 || 960 Evo NVMe || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || Xbox One X || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#6 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2193 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 24 September 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

it just sorta seems like a big content expansion for BL2, not really a stand alone game.

Which is largely how i feel, with the addition of being unable to play a character that i actually want to play, and instead being stuck with four characters who are sorta... well, lame at best and unforgivably bad at the other end.

#7 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8253 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

I think Wilhelm's and Nisha's action skills begin to look more fun than I initially expected, the one being a cross between Axton's turrets and Deathtrap and the latter quite reminiscent of the mechromancer's anarchy mechanics. I'm definitely not so sure about Claptrap's action skill… :unsure:

Other than that: seriously, if that woman…

Posted Image

…is not Tiny Tina's mother or at least in any other way related, I'll eat my hat. (Or would if I had one.)

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#8 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3944 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

The one thing I didn't like with the previous BL games, were the over-the-top humor (Except for Jack, he was totally awesome. Best bad guy ever), and this seems to take it even further. I'll wait for the 5$ Game of the Year Edition MGS sale thanks.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

I'm going to get this game when Aspyr releases it.  Going to play Claptrap first.  I'm all about random popsnizzle happening, plus I just plain like the little guy...  I just need to delete his dance routine and upgrade his "stairs" hardware.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Coming for Mac same Day and Date as PC!!!

This is a rarity! And I'll be plunking my cash down on Steam for it on the 14th!! I never buy launch price games. NEVER!! You got me guys!

Damn you Aspyr!!

Thank you Aspyr!! Posted Image

http://www.insidemac...ry.php?ID=23346

ETA: The MAS version will follow on the 16th!

COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#11 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

You don't have to pay launch price. If you're a member of GameAgent, you can pre-order for 20% off. I was planning on waiting for for a sale before I picked up the Pre-Sequel, but when I saw it was releasing the same day as PC and I could preorder for less I decided it was worth the expense to support Mac gaming. The dogs will be fine not eating for a week. Or, maybe, I'll just feed them the cat.

#12 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

You mean feed the cat the doges. more bang for your buck. Feed the cat for a month.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#13 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 02 October 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

You mean feed the cat the doges. more bang for your buck. Feed the cat for a month.

I was going to say.  But don't think I didn't see you gave Bif beans!  ::scribbles down something in an official looking black notebook from his nuclear football::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#14 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 02 October 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

I see the logic in your argument, but the cat is very old. My long term mental health is better served by keeping the dogs fed. The cat and I have a conversation everyday when I get home from work. It goes something like this...

Cat: Meeeeoooowwww
Me; How are you still alive?

Bif

#15 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1471 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

I can't show this video to my wife... "Butt Slam!" has an entirely different meaning between us and she'll think I want some Pre-Sequel action!
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#16 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Think I'll wait for this one to go on a major sale, too. Glad that it will still barely play on my 2007 iMac.

#17 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

So I've been so busy that I just now finished my first playthrough....and then this game got really really fun/ny IMO.  Tiny Tina narrates the second go-round...nuf said.

#18 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

YES!  Awesome.  Looks like I'm going to play my Enforcer through another play through before I try the Law Bringer.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat