Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#401 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2872 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:53 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 16 January 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

I would love to see a Mac port of Age of Empires II Definitive Edition. It just released earlier this year on PC and has been a joy to play. I played the original version of Age of Empires II on my old G4 Cube back when it was ported from Windows to PowerPC Macs

Ooh good pick! I was a beta tester on the original AoE2 Mac port so I remember it fondly.

Richard Moss recently posted a fun AoE-related podcast (ep 22, Wololo) plus an excerpt from an interview with AoE co-creator Bruce Shelley. https://lifeandtimes.games/episodes/
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#402 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:19 PM

I would like to see Metro Exodus, The Outer Worlds, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Dying Light 2, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo Infinite (and Deus Ex Human Revolution, Bioshock Infinite and Bioshock 2 remastered for Catalina). :)

#403 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1735 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:26 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 13 January 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Mass Effect 1-3, Read Dead Redemption 1+2, Dead Space 1-3, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted 1-4, Kingdom Hearts 1-3, Dark Souls 1+2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3 and Skyrim. All on macOS, because they are all supposedly awesome games.

Thanks! 8)

Horizon: Zero Dawn is apparently coming to PC, so it’s not even the most far-fetched game on this list!

#404 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8504 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:17 AM

View PostHomy, on 16 January 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

I would like to see Metro Exodus, The Outer Worlds, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Dying Light 2, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo Infinite (and Deus Ex Human Revolution, Bioshock Infinite and Bioshock 2 remastered for Catalina). :)
You are a modest man with modest wishes.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#405 jos

jos

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:57 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 16 January 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

I would love to see a Mac port of Age of Empires II Definitive Edition. It just released earlier this year on PC and has been a joy to play. I played the original version of Age of Empires II on my old G4 Cube back when it was ported from Windows to PowerPC Macs

Absolutely. Age of Empires II is still one of the games I've put most hours into. I've spend hundreds of hours playing skirmish missions. This game just offers endless hours of gameplay. Every match is different, so you can just play this game over and over again. I'd love to see a new port of this game for modern macOS. The release of the Definitive Edition would be the perfect reason to release an updated port for Macs.

#406 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:08 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 17 January 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

You are a modest man with modest wishes.
A man is nothing without his hopes and dreams. :)

#407 jos

jos

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:21 AM

View Postjos, on 18 January 2020 - 07:57 AM, said:

Absolutely. Age of Empires II is still one of the games I've put most hours into. I've spend hundreds of hours playing skirmish missions. This game just offers endless hours of gameplay. Every match is different, so you can just play this game over and over again. I'd love to see a new port of this game for modern macOS. The release of the Definitive Edition would be the perfect reason to release an updated port for Macs.

Update:
I've now seen a video on YouTube showing off some of the new features in this game. Wow, I didn't know so many things had changed. I've played the HD Edition that was released a few years ago, but that's essentially the exact same game as the original Age of Empires II with updated graphics. I expected this Definitive Edition to be the same: Just the same game with again updated graphics to make it look even better.

However, this is a complete overhaul of the entire game. I always thought Age of Empires II was a near-perfect game, so how can you improve on a game that's this good? Watching the improvements in that video I realised it is in fact possible to make the game even better.

This game looks absolutely fantastic. It makes one of my favourite games of all time even better, so after seeing what this Definitive Edition is all about I want a Mac version of this game more than anything else. Forget my previous vote of Doom 2016. I want Feral to start porting Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition right now.

#408 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

Heck, WARHAMMER: Vermintide II looks like fun, too!
macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/32GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII

macOS 10.15.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

#409 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

I hope System Shock 3 gets ported after release. :)

#410 jos

jos

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:02 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 23 January 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Heck, WARHAMMER: Vermintide II looks like fun, too!

A few months ago I saw a review of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on YouTube. I think that game looks fun too. Feral ports all of these Warhammer strategy games to the Mac, but I'd rather play this hack-n-slash game.

#411 speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:28 AM

Let's kick this week off with another newsletter question:

What is your favourite DLC ever released for a video game, and why?

It can be cosmetics/outfits, souped-up weapons, or extra missions and campaigns - whatever it is, we want to know why it's your favourite DLC. You know the drill by now; your answers could feature in this month's newsletter.
Posted Image  I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#412 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1735 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:48 AM

This is easy: The Witcher 3’s DLCs. They took my core complaint of the main game—a so-so main plot with a boring villain—and made some of the most interesting video game villains ever. And each DLC was huge, especially Blood and Wine, which felt like a new game in its own right. They’re really expansion packs.

#413 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4240 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:51 AM

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, hands down. Made a good game majestic. Vanilla Civ IV shouldn't be played without it.

Runner ups:
• Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. So much great content and an awesome act to go.
• Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. This one expanded the game SO much, and made the map making opportunities go through the roof.

Of course, these are all from back when DLC was called expansion packs..
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#414 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:05 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 10 February 2020 - 08:51 AM, said:

Of course, these are all from back when DLC was called expansion packs..

Interesting angle, TEK. For me it was Neverwinter Nights 'Shadows of Undrentide'. I loved that expansion. Great music, great atmosphere. I still play through it on NWN:EE occasionally.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.