34 replies to this topic

#21 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:02 AM

It is a hack'n'slash because it rewards you for using the same powerful move over and over again, also, I really don't get why it is hard, when I bought it, I started out on hard, and I never saw how it is hard, just mash buttons to win!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#22 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:02 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on June 25th 2006, 10:02 AM, said:

It is a hack'n'slash because it rewards you for using the same powerful move over and over again, also, I really don't get why it is hard, when I bought it, I started out on hard, and I never saw how it is hard, just mash buttons to win!

You started out on hard? You don't walk to hack and slash, you run first then you hack and slash. Clearly you haven't played a lot of it nor ever played it. Everybody who has play from beginning to end knows that the first 3 missions are as hard as the last 4 missions. The first 3 missions in Ninja Gaiden and black edtion limit your health and ki. On top of that at a certain part of later missions, you have to fight ryu's demon form.

View PostAskilfeasd, on June 25th 2006, 07:08 AM, said:

Chromehounds and Saint's Row look awesome! Why would we want just another hack'n slash with let me guess, demons, ninjas, katanas, and more ninjas? Go play NG if you want that. :P
Aaaanyway, I can't wait to get Chromehounds, the 360 needs a good mech game.

We was a sarcastic term. I already beat NG now I want another sword fighting, demon hunting, hack&slash title! OTOGI!!!
What is a man?

#23 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:40 PM

View PostIchigo27, on June 25th 2006, 02:02 PM, said:

You started out on hard? You don't walk to hack and slash, you run first then you hack and slash. Clearly you haven't played a lot of it nor ever played it. Everybody who has play from beginning to end knows that the first 3 missions are as hard as the last 4 missions. The first 3 missions in Ninja Gaiden and black edtion limit your health and ki. On top of that at a certain part of later missions, you have to fight ryu's demon form.

Oh I've played NG, not all the way however, my disk broke halfway through the game, I haven't played it a lot, but enough to know that it IS indeed a hack'n slash. Hard? Don't me me laugh, the only thing hard about it was keeping your eyes from falling out from watching the 2 same moves in rapid succession 7 times in a row, DMC3 was hard, Resident Evil 4 was hard, Rat Attack was hard, Prince of Persia was hard, but NG? I don't think so, the combat system is rather repetive, it rewards you for doing powerful moves over and over, at least in DMC3 it never rewarded you for that, you HAD to mix up your moves, but in NG, there was no point in doing so.

We was a sarcastic term. I already beat NG now I want another sword fighting, demon hunting, hack&slash title! OTOGI!!!

You just defeated your own argument above, read that very carefully, and notice how you said ANOTHER.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#24 Stop, Drop, and Roll

Stop, Drop, and Roll

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

Try the Hitman demo and tell me what you think.

#25 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:00 PM

I tried it, not for long, I am not really into those type of games, but it looked pretty cool, it is not going to beat Metal Gear Solid anytime soon, but it has some nice features, but the game sorta' dragged on, the pacing felt off, and all in all, I wouldn't buy it, but that is your choice.

#26 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

View PostIchigo27, on June 24th 2006, 05:45 PM, said:

I only play Halo 2 sometimes, but I have a hard time finding a FPS on the 360. So right now I play marble blast and DOA4. I'm going to rent Tony Hawks American Wasteland, after that I might rent Far Cry or BF2. Maybe I should set up a IMG game on DOA4.

I played Halo 2 this weekend visiting family. Gawd I hate consol controllers with a passion. :wall: Coop was its best feature just like the good ole Marathon days.

#27 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

View PostHuntn, on June 25th 2006, 06:05 PM, said:

I played Halo 2 this weekend visiting family. Gawd I hate consol controllers with a passion. :wall: Coop was its best feature just like the good ole Marathon days.

We should all hate consol controllers and stick to keyboards. *sarcasm*

View PostStop, Drop, and Roll, on June 25th 2006, 03:55 PM, said:

Try the Hitman demo and tell me what you think.

I think it's bad.
What is a man?

#28 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

View PostIchigo27, on June 25th 2006, 09:44 PM, said:

We should all hate consol controllers and stick to keyboards. *sarcasm*

Bleh, I LOATH console controllers, mouse and keyboard are sufficient for anything.

I think it's bad.

I hate to agree with people, but you are right.

#29 Stop, Drop, and Roll

Stop, Drop, and Roll

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on June 25th 2006, 09:05 PM, said:

Bleh, I LOATH console controllers, mouse and keyboard are sufficient for anything.
What about driving games, smarty pants?

I think it's bad.
The later missions are a lot better. The "Death of a Showman" mission is the ugly beginning mission and my least favorite.

#30 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:47 AM

I want a keyboard with pressure-sensitive keys, i.e. pressing hard on W makes you sprint while pressing soft makes you creep forward. That plus a mouse, trackball or even a spaceball would be pretty close to gaming input perfection. (Don't know how it would go for typing though. :unsure:)

#31 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:00 AM

View PostTesseract, on June 27th 2006, 01:47 AM, said:

I want a keyboard with pressure-sensitive keys, i.e. pressing hard on W makes you sprint while pressing soft makes you creep forward. That plus a mouse, trackball or even a spaceball would be pretty close to gaming input perfection. (Don't know how it would go for typing though. :unsure:)

You'd just push your PS toggle button for typing.

Actually I found the current setup in most games, something along the lines of a crouch/creep button to be adequate.

#32 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:00 AM

View PostStop, Drop, and Roll, on June 26th 2006, 09:42 PM, said:

What about driving games, smarty pants?

Same thing, console controllers are good for nothing wannabes.

#33 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • 3513 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

View PostHuntn, on June 27th 2006, 10:00 PM, said:

You'd just push your PS toggle button for typing.
It would have to toggle something mechanical too, since you would want a pressure-sensitive key to move up and down smoothly (yet not too easily). A normal keyboard has fairly high resistance when you start the keystroke and then suddenly gives when a certain force threshold is reached.

Actually I found the current setup in most games, something along the lines of a crouch/creep button to be adequate.
But, PS would be great for:
* Sprinting (or rather creeping, walking, jogging and sprinting all in one)
* Sidestepping in the above ways
* Pedals or steering in racing games, or vehicle controls in games like Halo & Quake 4
* Mle attacks: go for the quick jab, or fully commit yourself with a big swing
* Jumping: conserve stamina with a little hop, or go for a huge leap over a chasm
* Leaning la CoD: only want to lean out part way? just partially depress the key.
* Controlling stuff like the jetpack in Giants
* Variable speed camera movement or map scrolling
* other things I can't think of right now :P

#34 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:55 AM

View PostAskilfeasd, on June 25th 2006, 11:25 AM, said:

Not every bullet would hit, just enough to kill you however, unless you are rolling or taking cover, you are dead if you are out in the open.

I see what you mean 'Askifeased', someone said that A.I. was crapy (atleast I think soeone did), I forgot who it was

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#35 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:38 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on June 28th 2006, 08:55 AM, said:

I see what you mean 'Askifeased', someone said that A.I. was crapy (atleast I think soeone did), I forgot who it was

Agh! You have to type the name right! Else it ruins the joke!
Anyway, yes, the A.I. is crap, utter crap, you can run along a whole band of them like they were your teammates.