Steve Ballmer's Content

There have been 95 items by Steve Ballmer (Search limited from 21-October 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#446805 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 11 October 2017 - 09:31 AM in General

I loved Bioshock!

#446924 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 23 October 2017 - 03:06 PM in General

That guy with the thing on his head from Myth the Fallen Lords

#448825 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 22 April 2018 - 05:26 PM in Mac Hardware

" I am choosing to shut the hell up about this stuff "

Thank goodness

#448814 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 20 April 2018 - 09:26 PM in Mac Hardware

View PostMatt Diamond, on 20 April 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

Stock trading done in response to a rumor is not really proof of anything.

Well if nothing else, Apple can try to negotiate a better price from them. "Give us a price break or your stock drops again." :)
The world only cares about Microsoft!

#446847 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 13 October 2017 - 01:54 PM in Mac Hardware

Microsoft will still dominate the desktop and backend!
None of this matters.

#446925 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 23 October 2017 - 03:08 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

x-box soon!

#447144 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 09 November 2017 - 08:49 AM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 18 October 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

I am NOT sensitive!!!

Dammit!

Don't you have some Excel spreadsheets to recalc all that money or something???
Sorry

#446862 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 16 October 2017 - 08:14 AM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View Postipickert55, on 16 October 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

Nah it's really not a big deal. I think I'll survive either way :P
Glad to hear that, lol, you people are soooooo sensitive

#446831 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 12 October 2017 - 08:58 PM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View Postipickert55, on 11 October 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

Can I report him Father Battle Cat?
I can buy this entire forum and turn it into a Windows paradise - $435 should do it

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 12 October 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

He does have a point there kids.  It's pretty much like a massively fat guy sitting in a row of chairs,  his chair is whatever acreage his butt says it is.  His logic is quite infallible in this matter.

He is already reported by another.  It's satire folks, he is probably as irritating to Microsoft fanboys as he is to Apple fanboys.  But it's good satire if you can see past the love of your platform of choice, I can't be the only guy to appreciate it.  Can I?
no, why do you think I am #1 Fake Blogger on Earth? Thousands read my rantings. College courses on me. People worship me.

#446815 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 11 October 2017 - 07:35 PM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 05 October 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Are you trying to give the impression that you know the difference between what is real and what is not? Seriously?

You make me lol!
I have 132 Billion dollars, reality is whatever I say it is!

#446730 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 05 October 2017 - 03:06 PM in IMG Reviews Discussion

LOL - You people think that Macs are real computers?

You slay me!
wait a minute now ....

#447810 Star Trek Discovery

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 09 January 2018 - 09:28 AM in Off-Topic

View Postipickert55, on 09 January 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

I thought it was okay in theaters, watched it at home and it was just bleh. Spock somehow reverted to being an emotionless husk despite being an alright guy at the end of the first one, the blonde admirals daughter literally served no purpose, and Benedict Cumberbatch's performance was brutal at times.

Even as AAA action movies, I thought the 2009 was far better because of how well put together it was. The other two just felt so messy and chaotic.

Sorry for hijacking this thread btw, I haven't watched discovery yet :P
If you like being frustrated, watch Discovery.

#447809 Star Trek Discovery

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 09 January 2018 - 08:15 AM in Off-Topic

View Postmacdude22, on 08 January 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

The Orville is great! Anyone who discounts it because “Seth McFarlane” is doing themselves a serious disservice. STD (lololololololol) is a passable Battlestar Galactica clone but it is a terrible Star Trek. Worse than Voyager, and that’s saying something.

Skip STD, grab a hulu 7 day trial, and binge the pure joy that is The Orville.

Seth irl
AGREED! Live long and prosper

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 09 January 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

I do think the sets are great. ... But the technology presented is wrong. The timeline is wrong. The klingons are wrong. The plotline is stupid. The acting is great but several of the characters are so awful.

Star Trek has always taken things lightly to tell a story, but what they have done to the Klingons and how they have turned the technology dial 300 years ahead, is inexcusable for me. I won't be watching season 2 most likely.

And Voyager was awesome!! (Except for the ending episode, that was waaaaaaay to short - And Harry "Boring, but apparently sexy?" Kim)
I actually had a thing for Janeway! Still do

View PostTetsuya, on 09 January 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

I agree with The Orville being far better than people are giving it credit for.  Its actually a pretty decent homage to Trek.  

Discovery is an utter disgrace on every level.  Its worse than the Action-Sci-Fi movies bearing the Trek name.  (One of which is a good movie, just not a good Trek movie).  

Voyager...

Having watched through most of the series recently (its on BBC America right now which i often have on in the background)... its actually not very bad.  There is a major issue with the premise of WHY they stayed in the Delta Quadrant to begin with; Chakotay is a terrible character through no fault of Robert Beltran (the "Native American" expert they hired to write him was literaly a con-man, and Beltran hated it and kept trying to get himself fired), and There are 2 runs of episodes (part of Season 1, and a decent chunk of Season 2) that are just really, really bad.  Not just as Trek, but as a TV show.  (Writers Strike around that time).  

Otherwise.. though.  Its really not that bad.  It got a lot of bad press from Trek fans who had become enamored of DS9, because it was more of a throwback to ToS than anything since, but from Season 3 on, it wasn't too bad at all, and actually got quite good around the middle of Season 4.  As good as any of TNG anyway, and as good as the average/below average episodes of DS9.  

Janeway and Chakotay also got WAY better when (sometime in late Season 3/early Season 4) Kate Mulgrew  basically said that she was going to start writing arcs for her character and making her make more sense or they could fire her, and then went to bat for Beltran in the same way (give him creative latitude with Chakotay, or you can fire us both).  Youll notice around that time that Chakotay got more believably spiritual and less native-American-caricature (because Beltran was a spiritualist but wasn't raised in the native culture), became way less stiff, and started to have better character arcs.

Same with Janeway.  Her decision-making got a lot more consistent (in Seasons 1 and 2 she rubberbanded depending on who was writing), and they started to develop her character a lot more (dealing with her knowledge that her not-husband had moved on, being lonely, the Holodeck program with DaVinci (entirely written by Mulgrew) that featured in a lot of episodes afterwards (with the excellent John Rhys Davies as DaVinci).  

And even with the problems those two had... Voyager had three of the best Star Trek characters.  A lot of people still look to Nimoy for how Vulcans should act, but ... Tim Russ is my man.  Tuvok was an amazing character.  Not only did he have more episodes and seasons to develop, but i think he did a better job of being a Vulcan as described by Spock, who was, at his own admission, only half Vulcan.  

The Doctor was also an amazing character - not just a Data re-tread, but given a life of his own by Picardo.  (Who also threatened to quit unless they got him out of Sickbay).  Sometimes his arcs were silly, but some of the very best character-driven arcs in Star Trek were based around The Doctor (the episode where he cant deal with the fact that he had to let a crew member die?  SO GOOD.)  

And.. Neelix is probably the most undervalued character ever.  Really pay attention to him sometime.  He seems like a fool... but he isn't.  That crew would have died without him.  And his send-off was excellent.  

Now, im not saying Voyager was amazing or the best Trek show ever (because that is obviously DS9, and if you believe otherwise, it will be pistols at dawn), but it isn't nearly as bad as people remember.  

Its worth a re-watch.

Sorry for the info dump.  But i fell down a wiki-hole at Memory-Alpha.
I just wanted to be assimilated by seven of nine!

#447801 Star Trek Discovery

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 08 January 2018 - 06:15 PM in Off-Topic

The Disaster Called Startrek Discovery

Posted Image

Where do I start?

OK, Klingons!

ghob’e’ Qu’ Hoch ‘e’ naQ tIq HoS je

I tried to be open minded here but the timeline is wrong, technology is wrong, sets are wrong, acting is flat, plots are tortured, …… the Klingons are not Klingons!

Who came up with this stuff? Kilngons are passionate, extreme, wild-eyed! The Kilngons on Discovery are mask, that’s it.

I tried to like this show but I HATE it! The writers should be fed to my pitakh!

It actually makes me like The Orville.

#447986 Star Trek Discovery

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 20 January 2018 - 11:25 PM in Off-Topic

I loved Gul Dukat!
Posted Image
"Steve Ballmer, yes"

#446724 Vulkan Officially Released - No Mac Support

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 05 October 2017 - 01:52 AM in IMG News Discussion

No mac support .... and you are surprised?

#446804 Vulkan Officially Released - No Mac Support

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 11 October 2017 - 09:30 AM in IMG News Discussion

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 10 October 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Nope not at all but fortunately it isn't any loss.
Excuses, excuses, excuses.....

View PostSneaky Snake, on 11 October 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

Steve Ballmer is an ancient troll from days gone by in IMG's past. Don't fall into his traps !
I am gracing you with my attention, this place is ultra-boring otherwise!

#446723 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 05 October 2017 - 01:48 AM in General

View Postmacdude22, on 04 October 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Jeff Vogel develops his games on Mac and ports them to Windows. Check and mate.
Who?

View Postnick68k, on 04 October 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Of course!

View Postnick68k, on 04 October 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Of course!
What's OP?

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 October 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Ah, good times... good times.

That wasn't me!

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 03 October 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I shouldn't take the bait here but...

Any game that runs on a Mac can be called a Mac game.

I think you missed the memo about how many AAA games are ported to Windows from console origins which means that plenty of good games that wind up on Windows are ports to Windows, you know, like plenty of good games are ported to Mac. Yes, you get more of them and it is no wonder all things considered.

The truth is just fine for people who make considered decisions they feel good about. I know I would far prefer to be using a nice MacBook running macOS but for the time being I am running a cheapo HP laptop with a free (legally so) copy of Windows 10 because you get what you pay for basically, as usual. Hmm, maybe you were right. I suppose the truth must hurt for you if your daily driver is some Windows box. No wonder you need to write a post like this trying to make yourself feel better.

Personally, games (many of them ported from console) are about the only thing that could justify owning a PC for me. Fortunately, I have consoles for that.

By the way Steve, how's the mobile Windows phone business working out? Do those still exist?
Baited! This is gonna' be easy, a room full of mactards .... hahahahaha

#446727 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 05 October 2017 - 02:04 AM in General

View Postjeannot, on 04 October 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

This reads like a post from 10 years ago. But I can understand that as Mr. Ballmer is always years late. Wasn't the iPhone supposed to fail? How is Windows phone going?
We are selling dozens daily, thank you very much.

#446845 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 13 October 2017 - 01:18 PM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 06 October 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Crom damnit Steve!  Will you please get back off that retired large-curd-cottage-cheese-butt and DESTROY GOOGLE once and for all like you promised?  Google is a festering pimple on the ass of my sanity.  You can borrow my suicide vest, I'm sure you can find an unwitting intern to deliver it into the belly of the beast.

Yeah that would be appropriate and funny, but I don't want to mess with a member like that.  That is the sort of member abuse I decided long ago to abandon.  Personally, I preferred his previous avatar showing Steve Balmer apparently holding a huge invisible dong up to his mouth.

Yes, yes, yes, or yes.  His blog leaves no doubt about this.  I recommend you read it.  I used to read it the last time he was here then I lost track of it till now.  This is good stuff, great fun.
Thanks, but my blog is really just a record of my interest and whatever I am thinking at the moment. The world needs this!

#446846 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 13 October 2017 - 01:35 PM in General

View PostG_Player, on 05 October 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

"OP" means Original Poster, that'd be you.

But Steve "Monkey Boy" Ballmer would know this.

Seriously, you're just a teenage troll because…

A. You do not know correct grammatical language:
  You don't write, "Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?"
  You should have written, "Is there really such a thing as a Mac game?"

B. The fact that you made the same grammatical error, twice.

C. You really don't have the leisure time to be posting on a Macintosh specific site in the forums if you are teaching courses AND are an owner of an NBA team, all the while raising three children.

D.  Monkey Boy's "Location" is not Redmond, he lives in Hunts Point, Washington.

E.  As promised, you still haven't killed Google.

F. Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing (v32) works just as well on a PC as on a Mac.

BTW, love the new avatar. Now if you'd just hold your little pinkie up to the corner of your mouth, you'd be a dead-ringer for Dr. Evil!
Before you impersonate someone else, at least do your research.

Sheeeesh!
A. My grammar is my grammar, it is correct. I could think of a dozen ways to express the same thing, that does not mean that they are all wrong except the one you like.
B. See A
C. Try being a billionaire, you can do whatever you like.
D. I don't "live" in one place. That is a poor man's concept. I have residences in five states and three overseas. Several I have not been to this year.
E. Google? I decided to manipulate than destroy.
F.  I have a 33% stake in Borderbund, I defacto own Mavis Beacon.

Who knows more about me? - all you know is what they tell you. We control you son and you don't even know it!

#446698 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 03 October 2017 - 03:59 PM in General

Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

All good games are actually developed and created on Windows based PC's and as an afterthought ported to Mac if the program is simple enough. Mac games ended when we bought Bungie.

The truth hurts.

#447460 Transfer photos to iPad Air (iOS 8.3) from Snow Leopard

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 05 December 2017 - 06:35 PM in Mac OS Related

What the heck is "Snow Leopold"?

#447694 Free Mac games

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 28 December 2017 - 12:52 AM in General

Good luck with dat

#446803 Read this if you are new to the forums!

Posted by Steve Ballmer on 11 October 2017 - 09:27 AM in IMG Website Network Feedback

You people actually have a pretty good forum, surprising!