Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:07 PM

View PostHuntn, on April 11th 2007, 02:43 PM, said:

(which could have been Firefly)

It wasn't.  That's all I'm saying.  :)

This also means that I felt like the show was risque for the what the standards of network TV allowed (at the time), not my personal standards.

Nah, Firefly was post-NYPD Blue (ABC, network TV), which was 100X more risque than simply having one character be a courtesan...that's nothing....

--Eric

#122 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

View PostEric5h5, on April 11th 2007, 04:07 PM, said:

It wasn't.  That's all I'm saying.  :)
Nah, Firefly was post-NYPD Blue (ABC, network TV), which was 100X more risque than simply having one character be a courtesan...that's nothing....

--Eric

NYPD Blue did have the "butt flash" scenes. All Firefly had was the side nudity shot with the important parts covered up. :)

#123 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:29 AM

I just finished Serenity. It was a good continuation of the series. I have to say this show has a nice mix of comedy along with drama and the good thing is that it does not take it self seriously (like STNG). In some ways it reminds me of Star Wars IV although Episode IV is superior. I give it a thumbs up and feel like it could have been around longer... :(

My predications about resolutions weren't too accurate ;), although the overall story line continues from the series. Quite the revelation in the plot including
Spoiler
. My critique is that River does not seem to be as invincible as she is supposed to be. In other words, they did not succeed in this aspect of the story imo.

If you have not viewed, do not watch the movie first because there are subtle plot elements that without benefit of the series will seem more lacking than just plain lacking.

Edited by Huntn, 14 April 2007 - 10:10 AM.

#124 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

Who remembers Nathan Filian in a 2006 episode of Lost playing a character named Kevin? See No.4 on the link. Granted this was before my Firefly days, and I don't remember him. Why is it I don't want to see him in everyday settings? (Not counting Lost.)

Edited by Huntn, 18 April 2007 - 06:36 AM.

#125 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1216 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:28 PM

Nathan Fillion was also in Slither, which is one of the more entertaining horror flicks I've seen in a while.

#126 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

View PostHuntn, on April 18th 2007, 09:04 AM, said:

Who remembers Nathan Filian in a 2006 episode of Lost playing a character named Kevin?
I do indeed. :happy:

I also remember seeing Wayne Pygram as the "energy healer" guy in one episode. You may know him best as Scorpius from Farscape.

#127 MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

View PostTesseract, on April 17th 2007, 10:03 PM, said:

I do indeed. :happy:

I also remember seeing Wayne Pygram as the "energy healer" guy in one episode. You may know him best as Scorpius from Farscape.
Which episode was that? I must have missed him.

#128 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:35 AM

View PostRev-O, on April 17th 2007, 09:28 PM, said:

Nathan Fillion was also in Slither, which is one of the more entertaining horror flicks I've seen in a while.

Flash- I remember now, the movie with the giant basket-ball breeder shaped woman who explodes!

#129 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

View PostMILBOP DIPPLEBERRY, on April 18th 2007, 08:17 PM, said:

Which episode was that? I must have missed him.
S.O.S.