5 replies to this topic

#1 Coug-it

Coug-it

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

Dogfights (single-player game) is another release in the Warbirds series from iEntertainment Network coming in January
for Mac and PC.  I've never played Warbirds before so not sure if this is really bringing very much new to the solo play:

http://www.igs-games.com/

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

:w00t: Oooh, that sounds great!

* Aerial Combat Simulation Game featuring all the great Dogfighting battles of WWII.
* Dynamic mission generator with unlimited Solo missions. NO two missions are ever the same!
* Over 100 realistically modeled WWII aircrafts.

I want that. :D

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 placy

placy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

Looks like this will be out next week and the box seems to contain both the PC and Mac versions.

By the way its only $19 for pre-order at GoGamer.

http://www.gogamer.c...1VVviewprod.htm

#4 CaryMG

CaryMG

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

Just a small warning to anyone who might be interested in buying this.

I bought "WarBirds".
What a WASTE of money ....
Just to get up & fly is a complete nightmare with menus that are an un-navigable mess & that use a popsnizzlee-y font that literally makes me itch ....
I know sims are supposed to have complex keys, but to the person just getting started -- who will eventually work their way up to complexity -- it is almost impossible.

Sure, Macintosh online World War II flightsimulators are few & far between -- especially now with the
untimely passing of Donald "SkyFighter 1945" Hill -- so we should be grateful for what little we've got.
But TotalSim stuff?
I'd steer clear.
VERY clear.

Maybe now with the Macintosh gaming resurgance, we'll get "Storm Of War: The Battle Of Britain".
If it ever comes out.
7 years in the making & counting ....

:)

#5 Markovich

Markovich

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

View PostCaryMG, on 15 March 2010 - 09:29 AM, said:

Just a small warning to anyone who might be interested in buying this.

I bought "WarBirds".
What a WASTE of money ....
Just to get up & fly is a complete nightmare with menus that are an un-navigable mess & that use a popsnizzlee-y font that literally makes me itch ....
I know sims are supposed to have complex keys, but to the person just getting started -- who will eventually work their way up to complexity -- it is almost impossible.

Sure, Macintosh online World War II flightsimulators are few & far between -- especially now with the
untimely passing of Donald "SkyFighter 1945" Hill -- so we should be grateful for what little we've got.
But TotalSim stuff?
I'd steer clear.
VERY clear.

Maybe now with the Macintosh gaming resurgance, we'll get "Storm Of War: The Battle Of Britain".
If it ever comes out.
7 years in the making & counting ....

Gotta agree...bought the game via GoGamer for $19.99 the first day. What a major disappointment! LIke the previous poster said, just to get up and flying is a serious PIA. The help files are minimal and their website is absolutley no help.
The graphics are just ok ( and they were maxed out)...avoid this game.
2.8GHZ 24" iMac with 4gb RAM, 512MB,NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
13" MacBook
Obsession 15" telescope
Kernel Panic on COD-UO MP

#6 laura09

laura09

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:58 AM

well, Dogfights seems to be a very attractive game. I will download and try it.