王將軍's Content

There have been 21 items by 王將軍 (Search limited from 17-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#210576 C&C: Zero Hour bugs in Tiger

Posted by 王將軍 on 04 May 2005 - 11:44 AM in Mac Strategy

GlendaAdams, on May 3rd 2005, 03:37 PM, said:

We're looking into these.

Glenda

View Post

Glad to hear :)

#210312 C&C: Zero Hour bugs in Tiger

Posted by 王將軍 on 02 May 2005 - 02:58 PM in Mac Strategy

I started playing C&C Zero Hour two days ago after I installed Tiger and noticed that some things are different.

The only two major bugs I've noticed so far are:

All the text are anti-aliased and therefore make them appear "fatter" and sometimes messes with the format.

None of the keyboard shortcuts work anymore, which makes building and commanding units a little slower.

Has anyone else noticed these or other bugs?

#203455 C&C Generals - System Req. Question.

Posted by 王將軍 on 09 March 2005 - 05:10 PM in Mac Strategy

CCG runs decent on my PowerBook 1.25 GHz G4 with 512 MB RAM once I turned ALL the graphics details down.  But I wouldn't recommend it for online play.

#203085 Zero Hour - Tips, Tricks, Whatever

Posted by 王將軍 on 06 March 2005 - 07:32 PM in Mac Strategy

Mini gunners and gattling cannons are extremely effective against the USA Air Force General's laser-equipped aircrafts when missles are out of the question.

#203022 Rise of Nation

Posted by 王將軍 on 05 March 2005 - 11:46 PM in Mac Strategy

Belcarius, on March 5th 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

Hmm so it's not just me. I have cable and it is a slow ass mule to play.

View Post

Yup... it's really disappointing as I bought the game mainly for online play...

#203001 Zero Hour in store?

Posted by 王將軍 on 05 March 2005 - 05:26 PM in Mac Strategy

It seems like both CompUSA and Microcenter carry Zero Hour for Mac now.  I don't know about the Apple Store though.

#202978 C&C Generals Zero Hour Multiplayer

Posted by 王將軍 on 05 March 2005 - 12:44 PM in Mac Strategy

Nope, neither CCG or ZH can be played cross-platform due to the coding of the game.

Sorry to disappoint you.  :(

#202977 Shell Maps for CCG & Zero Hour

Posted by 王將軍 on 05 March 2005 - 12:43 PM in Mac Strategy

Thanks!

#202936 Shell Maps for CCG & Zero Hour

Posted by 王將軍 on 05 March 2005 - 12:02 AM in Mac Strategy

Does anyone know how to install shell maps for CCG & Zero Hour?  As in where to put the folder?  Thanks.

#202838 C&C Generals Multiplayer ?

Posted by 王將軍 on 04 March 2005 - 09:29 AM in Mac Strategy

The only way to play CCG online is through GameRanger.

You can download GameRanger from its website at http://www.gameranger.com/

Good luck and hope to see you on GR!

---------

BTW, it's VERY important to open your ports 8186 & 8188 if you're using a router, otherwise you won't be able to play.

#202732 C&C Generals 1.0.2 patch is out

Posted by 王將軍 on 03 March 2005 - 05:26 PM in Mac Strategy

Thanks!

#202354 Rise of Nation

Posted by 王將軍 on 01 March 2005 - 01:52 AM in Mac Strategy

How many people here have actually successfully played RoN on GR at an acceptable speed?

I contacted MacSoft and they told me that they are aware of the multiplayer speed issue and right now RoN requires the players to have at least T1 speed to play without lag.

I have cable modem with max of 700K/sec down and 50K/sec up, quite fast, but RoN still runs like crap during multiplayer.

Has anyone with regular broadband connection played RoN on GR without a problem?

#202335 Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour!

Posted by 王將軍 on 28 February 2005 - 09:26 PM in Mac Strategy

Not that anyone really cares but I was JUST notified by Amazon that my order for Zero Hour has been shipped and I should receive it tomorrow :)  So I take back anything bad I said about Amazon hehe  :P

c15yzx said:

Edit: sexy new Aurora Alpha skin baby!...
http://www.planetcnc...02-28_ZH103.jpg
:w00t:

#202321 Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour!

Posted by 王將軍 on 28 February 2005 - 07:59 PM in Mac Strategy

c15zyx, on February 28th 2005, 07:31 PM, said:

Be careful, Amazon now lists ZH in stock, but estimated ship dates (at least for my order) were for March 4 at least. But then again I chose the cheapo free shipping. I suppose it is odd that IMG has gottent their copies very quickly.

View Post

Yeah, the free shipping takes 3 business days to PROCESS and ANOTHER 3 - 5 business days to ship.  I've been itching for this game since I heard that Asypr shipped it on Feb. 21st so I decided to spend a hefty 16.50 for "One Day" shipping, which is also why I'm now very upset with Amazon because it's been 9 hours since I placed the order and it's nearly the end of Feb. 28th and the status still says "Shipping Soon" and it doesn't allow me to cancel the order.  :wall:

#202314 Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour!

Posted by 王將軍 on 28 February 2005 - 06:24 PM in Mac Strategy

To those of you who might still be trying to find Zero Hour in stores, here is a little gas/time saving tip if you are to go to CompUSA or MicroCenter.

I spoke to representatives from both stores today and they both said that if the product isn't on their website, they won't have it in stores.  So check their websites first.  As of today though neither store has Zero Hour.

I ordered my copy this morning from Amazon and I paid about $16 for "one-day shipping" but my order has yet to be shipped yet... and I can't cancel it either because I chose the "one-day shipping" method... my first order from Amazon and so far I don't have a very good impression of them.  I wanted to order from IMG instead but IMG doesn't have "one-day shipping".  :(

#202095 Not appreciating BitTorrent

Posted by 王將軍 on 26 February 2005 - 05:50 PM in IMG Website Network Feedback

George the Flea, on February 21st 2005, 11:27 PM, said:

You're almost right, but it's not a firewall.  I just found out that the college internet service severely throttles P2P programs, including BitTorrent.

Stupid college.   :angry:

Hopefully one of the other Mac download sites will do a non-BitTorrent mirror of the demo so I can try it.  KnightShift looks really cool.

View Post

There are ways to get around that.

Most ISPs, and likely your college, "blacklist" several common ports used by P2P applications, such as BitTorrent.  These blacklisted ports are generally the default ports used by these P2P applications.  To get around this problem, simply change the port numbers to something else.

#202090 Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour!

Posted by 王將軍 on 26 February 2005 - 05:13 PM in Mac Strategy

I don't understand.  I've been checking my local CompUSA, MicroCenter and Apple Store all weekend and none of them have Zero Hour in stock.  I live in Houston, which is probably the closest major city to Austin, where Aspyr is located.  Shouldn't we be the first ones to receive Zero Hour since it was shipped 6 days ago?

Those who already got Zero Hour, how did you get it?

#201994 Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour!

Posted by 王將軍 on 25 February 2005 - 01:13 PM in Mac Strategy

The Cleaner, on February 25th 2005, 12:24 PM, said:

Just got my copy ! will be playing tonight for sure.

View Post

Where did you get your copy!?  I checked the local Apple Store, CompUSA AND MicroCenter and none of them have any in stock  :wall:

NightBird, on February 25th 2005, 12:42 PM, said:

Does anyone know where to find the game friday night in a store?  Called the Apple store in Costa Mesa, CA and they did not have it in stock?  I called Compusa and they transfered me to a call center and said they dont even have a listing for it.  Any help will be great thanks!
I feel your pain  :(

#201845 Looking for a good drive utility/defragger

Posted by 王將軍 on 23 February 2005 - 09:46 PM in Off-Topic

DiskWarrior has worked wonders for me.

#201818 3 Generals mods available

Posted by 王將軍 on 23 February 2005 - 04:18 PM in Mac Strategy

Great!  :)

I was looking for C&C Generals mods but couldn't get them to work :(

Thanks!

#201816 Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour!

Posted by 王將軍 on 23 February 2005 - 04:11 PM in Mac Strategy

Ah... Zero Hour, they are supposed to be in stores by Friday right?  I can't wait :)