7 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Basilisk Games recently posted an update on the status of the company following the release of Eschalon: Book III, the final title in its fantasy RPG trilogy. Despite selling more copies of the third Eschalon game than its predecessor the company did not gain enough revenue to immediately begin work on a new RPG series. Instead, Basilisk has entered an agreement with an investor to develop other games before continuing with its RPG plans.

First, Book 3 has sold very well! However, what has sold well is the number of copies- we've sold far more copies of Book 3 than we did Book 2 in the same amount of time. But (and this is the important part) most copies have been sold while the game was deeply discounted or bundled, meaning we've made only a few dollars per copy on average. Does anyone remember what we sold Book 1 for? $27.95 when it launched in 2007. The bottom line is that despite selling many units of the game, financially Book 3 hasn't done as well as we hoped.

What this means is that we don't have enough funds to complete our Next Big RPG on our own. We need financial help. Kickstarter is an option, but it's not a route I want to go at this time.

What I've decided to do is partner up with an investor who can help fund our future projects. The deal is that my studio will need to complete work on at least one other game first as part of our agreement. The types of games being discussed have been a sci-fi vehicle simulator, a graphic adventure game, a horror-survival game, and even a casual mobile game. These are just ideas; no decision has yet been made what we'll be working on. Also, these games will not be published under the "Basilisk Games" trademark, but rather under a different developer name not yet determined.

Learn more at the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17233 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

People just aren't going strongly enough for the "Cool, I just caught lung cancer - aw shoot, I'll die of hunger before it can kill me!" gameplay I guess.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

Ouch, you really do hold a grudge don't you? :)

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17233 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

YOU!!  You're that guy who was looking at my girlfriend in 1995!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Togglemeister

Togglemeister

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

I checked my email, and I tried the original Eschalon Book 1 and paid $27.95. At one point I did get stuck in the game and lost my mission in a sense!
(Now) Late 2013 27" 3.4 ghz iMac, stock configurations.
(Then) 2005 Powermac G5 Dual Core 2.3 ghz, Leopard, 256mb nvidia 6600GT.
(Archived) DA w/Single Sonnet G4 1.4 ghz  2mb L3, Tiger, 1 gb ram, 128 mb ati 9800 pro (AGP)

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17233 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

I played the original 3 times back to back.  So much old school fun, ah my... ::rocking on porch::  Those were the days.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 14 July 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

I played the original 3 times back to back.  So much old school fun, ah my... ::rocking on porch::  Those were the days.

I sent him my old mac mini back when he needed to test and didn't have available hardware. I was THAT hungry for a sweetasshell classic RPG. I haven't gotten around to playing III yet.........Did buy it day one though. Someday kif, someday.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#8 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1325 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 14 July 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

I sent him my old mac mini back when he needed to test and didn't have available hardware. I was THAT hungry for a sweetasshell classic RPG. I haven't gotten around to playing III yet.........Did buy it day one though. Someday kif, someday.

That is so awesome. I love it.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell