44 replies to this topic

#41 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17332 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:22 PM

I like your new profile picture Bunny, I've got two cats of my own.  One is old and the other is fraken old old.  Old.  Makes me look like a spring chicken.  They pile onto my lap when we watch a Saturday Netflix movie.  It's like a cat tradition or something weird because they have never ever been that close together in the house.  The older one was born grumpy towards cats but he like to greet guests and visitors such as repairmen etc.  I think he is a dog that was born in a cat's body.  Oh the anguish that must have brought him.  Anyway I like cats too.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#42 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

View PostTheBunny, on 25 March 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

My position was eliminated.  
To be fair I did have about 6 months warning.
And I could have moved to a PC centric team. (Ugg)

Anyhow, I was told support for the Mac Client was not being dropped.
I don't know what the future plans are and can't comment etc.

Thanks very much for sharing that. I hope things go really well for you in your new endeavor. Although I've yet to try the Mac version of Elder Scrolls Online myself where I think I may play it on XBox (I'm still going back and forth about this particular game though in that regard), I've always heard really good things about how well done the Mac client was and is. It's nice to hear how you prefer the OS X world too. I'll certainly look forward to hearing about what's next when you are able to talk about that.

Lastly, even though I've not played it as of yet I still do want to thank you for what I'm sure was a great deal of hard work doing such a fine job bringing the Elder Scrolls experience to Mac users. Hats off to you for that.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#43 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2011 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

It's frakin tits on Mac. Pretty much every game that runs like popsnizzle I now know is shoddy development because ESO doesn't run like popsnizzle and looks great.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#44 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

View PostTheBunny, on 25 March 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

My position was eliminated.  
To be fair I did have about 6 months warning.
And I could have moved to a PC centric team. (Ugg)

Anyhow, I was told support for the Mac Client was not being dropped.
I don't know what the future plans are and can't comment etc.

oh.... so you have no idea the roadmap for the technical side for example will they Support the metal API in osx like blizzard did with their games?
since apple has stopped updating the open GL for osx

#45 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 24 March 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

I spent many years in the mystical, wonderful world of Norrath too. I can understand completely what you are talking about. I still consider it the best gaming experience I ever had and it set a bar nothing else has ever been able to surpass even though I do appreciate many other good games quite a lot.

The two posts you've written that I am seeing tonight referencing the new game are the first I've heard of it. I'll have to check into it soon. Is a Mac version of it part of the plan?

You probably know this but EverQuest is available on Steam although you have to search for it. At least it was up until recently. I leveled a mage to 70 or so probably a year or two ago now, visiting certain old zones I wanted to see, etc. and had such a good time. As you'd know, the mage class can excel solo with some care about how you pull stuff and now they have companion bots (I forget the name of them) that you can recruit one of. So in the early going either a healer or better still a tank is goodness and they are very easy to manage. Put that together with a pet class and instant small party good to go! Part of why I just put Windows 10 back on this iMac again was to install EverQuest so I can level another alt. I've got a bunch of young ones that my main fully twinked with all manner of the relatively new defiant gear sets, some of the special higher level fabled sets I farmed for them, all manner of classic twink stuff and toys (AON for example) and much more. I have a nicely outfitted Iksar Monk in full fabled gear I want to revisit too who is good fun to play solo. I even have all the pieces for the famed Robe of the Oracle (Phylactery Will Get You Nowhere quest) including all the raid drops, one of which was no small feat to farm up. I got Vaniki's slowing sword for my SK to use. I've got the epic weapon drops from Plane of Fear for the SK and my Necro. I could go on and on.

Once I retired from high end raiding, I spent a lot of time just lining up my ducks in a row and farming tons of cool stuff for the alt army. They are all so good to go!

I will continue to return to EQ from time to time until the lights go out on the last server which I hope now that Daybreak owns them will be many years away. A lot of hardcore EQ people are still there. The numbers are small compared to newer games but enough to keep it going thankfully. The raiding game goes on.

the  two posts i've written that you saw tonight referencing the new game Pantheon: rise of the fallen will be launching mac version simultaneously with the windows
i think its the last chance we will have in the future to witness and experience once more for the hardcore high fantasy MMO . we must go all out to support it

ahhh i dont even know the eq was on steam until you mentioned it, i have been watching the livesstream through it recently.  but it just dont feel like it anymore since  a  small time company like daybreak wouldnt invest $ or wanting to make a breakthrough for the games they have acquired, i knew they are gonna cancel everquest next when they bought the entire games collections  from sony

btw, anyone here still play ESO? i like the path of where they are going , the DLC expansion are nice