Game Download Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aiotgun

aiotgun

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:18 AM

ok i just purchased X3 the reunion from macgamestore. this is my fourth time trying to download this game. It keeps losing its connection or something and the entire download just stops and i have to restart. iam getting really angry, and the website is not responding to my help message. can anyone please help me understand why this is not working and help me fix this?

#2 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:08 AM

In general you should use the contact form to ask for help with MGS. But here's the advice I can think of:

1. Your browser should have an option to resume interrupted downloads. If it doesn't, use one that does. I think recent versions of Safari have this feature.

2. If your browser mistakenly thinks that the transfer has actually completed, then resuming may not work. You'll then need a download tool that you can force to assume that the transfer needs to be resumed. There is a command-line tool called 'curl' that comes with OS X that can do this.

To resume the download with curl: Open Terminal. Switch to the directory that contains the incomplete file, using the 'cd' command. So if it's on the desktop, enter "cd ~/Desktop". Then enter "curl -o FILE -C - URL", but replace FILE with the name of the file, and URL with the URL that you are downloading from. It should then finish the download. If it gets interrupted again, just run the same command and it will continue from wherever it got to.

BTW, this thread is probably better suited to the IMG Website Network Feedback section, as part of that section's description is "Website Technical Support". I'll move it.

#3 aiotgun

aiotgun

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:00 AM

View PostTesseract, on October 14th 2007, 04:08 AM, said:

In general you should use the contact form to ask for help with MGS. But here's the advice I can think of:

1. Your browser should have an option to resume interrupted downloads. If it doesn't, use one that does. I think recent versions of Safari have this feature.

2. If your browser mistakenly thinks that the transfer has actually completed, then resuming may not work. You'll then need a download tool that you can force to assume that the transfer needs to be resumed. There is a command-line tool called 'curl' that comes with OS X that can do this.

To resume the download with curl: Open Terminal. Switch to the directory that contains the incomplete file, using the 'cd' command. So if it's on the desktop, enter "cd ~/Desktop". Then enter "curl -o FILE -C - URL", but replace FILE with the name of the file, and URL with the URL that you are downloading from. It should then finish the download. If it gets interrupted again, just run the same command and it will continue from wherever it got to.

BTW, this thread is probably better suited to the IMG Website Network Feedback section, as part of that section's description is "Website Technical Support". I'll move it.

is that the reload button that shows when it gets interuppted? because that just starts it over

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3356 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 20 October 2007 - 06:43 PM

On the topic of download problems the NWN Tech Demo at Macgamefiles is undownloadable for me. Dunno why, i have tryed dozens of times. Everytime it gets to varying progress and then stops. :huh:
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS High Sierra
Gaming Build: i5 8400 || Vega 56 || 16 GB DDR4 || 960 Evo NVMe || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || Xbox One X || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#5 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:41 AM

you could both try using some kind of download manager.
my favourite at the moment is speed download (though make sure to limit it to only 1 connection), but before that, i used to use download wizard, which was free... unfortunately, they stopped dev on that, but it still works.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:12 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on October 20th 2007, 05:43 PM, said:

On the topic of download problems the NWN Tech Demo at Macgamefiles is undownloadable for me. Dunno why, i have tryed dozens of times. Everytime it gets to varying progress and then stops. :huh:
I got my copy of NWN Tech Demo from Macgames using Safari in a single try without any problems.  Perhaps there is an issue with your internet provider.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat