• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDD

JDD

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:15 PM

Hi all,

I have a problem when I host for my friend (who is running on windows if that makes a difference?). The game plays fine but when the map finishes it always kills the game.

I have tried this with both the shipping version and the new patch and both have the same problem.

Looking in the UT2004.log file I think this line is of relevence:

"Critical: UdpGamespyQuery DM-RANKIN.UdpGamespyQuery (Function IpDrv.UdpGamespyQuery.PreBeginPlay:0167) Assertion failed, line 58"

I'm running G5 Dual 2.0 with 1GB RAM and R9600 if that makes any difference.

Has anybody else experienced this? Or can anybody shed any light on the above (Gamespy related, obviously) error?

Many thanks in advance...

#2 Greeger

Greeger

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:16 PM

I don't know if this is the same mistake. When I host a LAN game with another computer my game crashes after each game. I can usually just restart the game and start a new match before the other computer gets dissconnected, but it is still a hassle.

My comp is a DP 1.42 G4  Mac OS 10.3.3

#3 Sauron1440

Sauron1440

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 12:48 AM

I've been talking to MacSoft about this, and they're (sort of) aware of the problem - they thought I was a freak case at first, but some other people reported it too.  I did manage to find a fix, however - open up UT2004.ini, and  skip down to the IpDrv.MasterServerUplink section:
[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]

DoUplink=True

UplinkToGamespy=False

SendStats=True

ServerBehindNAT=True

DoLANBroadcast=True

The above is what worked for me - I'm behind a NAT and only host LAN games, so I checked the relevant options there.  Let me know if this works for you guys.

#4 JDD

JDD

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 08:09 AM

Tested with my friend and that did the trick.

Many thanks.