58 replies to this topic

#1 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:25 PM

I logged on last night @ 1am and not a Mac soul to be found. How sad is that? Where's your Mac pride? Where's your desire to play with and against an army of BF n00bs who have no idea what they're doing, like me?

C'mon, people! I even figured out how to fly planes--just don't use a joystick, 'cause they don't work!

oorah?

Atticus

#2 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:27 PM

I logged on last night @ 1am and not a Mac soul to be found. How sad is that? Where's your Mac pride? Where's your desire to play with and against an army of BF n00bs who have no idea what they're doing, like me?

C'mon, people! I even figured out how to fly planes--just don't use a joystick, 'cause they don't work!

oorah?

Atticus

Because it was 1 AM?

I was on around 9-10 yesterday AM and it had 2 others on it.
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:34 PM

oorah?

Atticus

Because it was 1 AM?

I was on around 9-10 yesterday AM and it had 2 others on it.

Aren't you kids out of school? There ain't no need to sleep!

Atticus

#4 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:17 AM

I played a game with 3 people yesterday. I didn't see anyone on today. I did wait around for a few hours on it though.

#5 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:23 AM

Sorry but the ping is horrendous from Australia...

#6 Mayhem

Mayhem

Disturbed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts
  • Steam Name:mayhem_swe

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:10 AM

Perhaps people have yet to acquire the game or (like me) wouldn't be able to play it anyway due to ancient hardware.
Down with the Sickness

#7 MaD Ed

MaD Ed

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:14 AM

Hey Tycho hows BF running on your mac?
Its a 800mhz G4 with a 32mb GeForce 2 right?
I have the same but I dont have BF yet so Id like to know how it runs..

#8 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Steam Name:ozzy

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:45 AM

I just got BF:1942 along with Call of Duty yesterday.  I was trying to get on Aspyr's server but had no luck.  When I open up the multiplayer internet game listing, it only ever loads about 50-200 of the servers, and then stops.  If I hit update or refresh the screen goes blank and I basically have to quit the game and open it again to get the list to start again.  The first time I did it was when I got the most (about 1000) but its been downhill from there.  Regardless, I still can't find the Aspyr server.  I tried typing in Aspyr in the field above the names, but nothing ever came up, and when I deleted that the incomplete listing I had before came back.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'll try again tonight I suppose.

I definately had a lot of fun with COD and BF last night, two very different games.  COD Singleplayer is a ton of fun, and runs amazing on my computer.  I have it at 1024x768 with 2x FSAA, everything set to High (not max) and it gets a constant 30 - 70 FPS on a MDD Dual 1 Ghz with 768 mb of RAM, 10.3.4, and Radeon 9600.  BF:1942 doesn't run quite so well.  One or two of the maps I played on ran quite well, but another one or two were probably running at about 10 FPS the whole time.  This is on the stock medium settings at 800x600.  I tried turning it all the way up and it completely crawled...

#9 stevep63

stevep63

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:40 AM

I've looked several times at Aspyr's server, and there's never anyone in it. Hey Aspyr - there's an EASY way to fix this - make the game a co-op game so human players can play against bots until more people show up. Easy as pie!

-SJ

#10 Tuncer (IMG)

Tuncer (IMG)

Pimpbot 5000

• Admin
  • 923 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:42 AM

They need to remove the password ;)
Tuncer
Inside Mac Games

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/tuncerdeniz

#11 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:50 AM

Does anyone have an IP address for the Aspyr server...and if so, know of a way to enter a direct IP into the BF:1942 server listing?  Thanks

#12 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17579 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:32 AM

1 AM Battle Cat situation report:

A loud, gurgling, staccato bluster erupts in the heretofore silent darkness. Amid bed, the light muslin sheet and cotton blanket balloon upwards. Then, as the noxious methane escapes, they slowly settle back to cover the sleeping form of the Battle Cat.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#13 CannonFodder

CannonFodder

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:10 PM

I actually tried to get on the Aspyr server after playing some Desert Combat last night, I did find the server in the in-game browser, but since it was around 1:30-2:00am and I was having issues, I called it quits for the night :)

#14 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:14 PM

Hey Tycho hows BF running on your mac?
Its a 800mhz G4 with a 32mb GeForce 2 right?
I have the same but I dont have BF yet so Id like to know how it runs..

Uh, no. I have a 1.8 GHz G5 with a 128 MB Radeon 9800.

#15 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:33 PM

1 AM Battle Cat situation report:

A loud, gurgling, staccato bluster erupts in the heretofore silent darkness. Amid bed, the light muslin sheet and cotton blanket balloon upwards. Then, as the noxious methane escapes, they slowly settle back to cover the sleeping form of the Battle Cat.

ROTFL!

Battle Cat, I'm sure most of the 12 year-old nerds here would agree that it would be a blast to battle some Nazis on the Aspyr server with a vet. I'm not too good with the airplanes (gravity is hard), but I love whomping tank butt with a bazooka.

Atticus

#16 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:54 PM

Tonight! all you can eat Battlefeild 1942! Let the Mac attack begin! Be there on the Aspyr server at 8pm Eastern Standard Time. Stay late for the players on the West Coast, who knows, maybe some of the programmers will be there!

#17 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:55 PM

I was on for a few hours last night. Got on at 1 AM. Some people joined the game and then got kicked by punkbuster. I mostly flew planes around on my own after that.

ozzy, I looked up the server IP address. It's 159.153.194.180

Use the Add Server button to join by IP.

#18 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

I was on for a few hours last night. Got on at 1 AM. Some people joined the game and then got kicked by punkbuster. I mostly flew planes around on my own after that.

ozzy, I looked up the server IP address. It's 159.153.194.180

Use the Add Server button to join by IP.

Hey, I played with you the other day  :razz: I was Kevin.

#19 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:45 PM

I'm having major problems with the gamespy listing.  It is basically unusable to find a game, since it only lists about 20 or so now on the first run, and rarely lists their pings.  If I hit update or refresh, then it clears the servers and never gets a new list.  I also tried to add the Aspyr IP and it didn't work, gave an error.  I could join a game fine using that IP though.  Also, I don't have any firewalls on, and I set my computer to be the DMZ in my router...not sure what the problem is.

#20 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:46 PM

Hey, I played with you the other day  :razz: I was Kevin.
I remember that game. I have never seen so many beached submarines before. :wink:

If I hit update or refresh, then it clears the servers and never gets a new list.

The server browser acts odd for me at times too. Although never to the extent your seeing. Usually I have to clear all the filters and select bf1942 in the mod list to get a refresh.