#81 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17637 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:01 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 08 September 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

The prequels are so much better than the last three movies.

Fight me.

I shant fight you brother.  When Dizzy took the reins the franchise took a nose dive and refused to pull up.  I blame gremlins, obviously they ejected the tail assembly.  When they killed off Luke and Hans Star Wars bit through it's cyanide tooth.  RIP Star Wars, oh how I loved thee.  Saw the first one in the theater sitting in the first row because there were no more seats and it was world changing for me.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#82 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• IMG Writers
  • 3021 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:53 AM

Disagree. I thought AoftC had some good moments, and RotS had a brave story for a Star Wars movie. But both of them also had bad dialog and stupid plot points.

I think Lucas was a much better "pantser" than "plotter". Or as G R R Martin might say, a better gardener than architect. See: https://www.wired.co...rs-vs-pantsers/
That's why the first movie stands up so amazingly well, and its possible he might have done a good job with the #7 and 8 if he hadn't sold them.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#83 Atticus

Atticus

Not Wearing Pants

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:46 AM

Watching Clone Wars series on Disney+ gave me a better appreciation for what Lucas was trying to do with the prequels. I think the problem was that it was such a huge story of politics/intrigue/war/empire building and destroying, that packing it all into three movies while keeping the Anakin storyline moving forward was nigh on impossible.
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#84 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2255 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 05:45 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 08 September 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

I shant fight you brother.  When Dizzy took the reins the franchise took a nose dive and refused to pull up.  I blame gremlins, obviously they ejected the tail assembly.  When they killed off Luke and Hans Star Wars bit through it's cyanide tooth.  RIP Star Wars, oh how I loved thee.  Saw the first one in the theater sitting in the first row because there were no more seats and it was world changing for me.

To be fair, Rogue One was solid.  But it also deliberately tried to fit in as a direct prequel to Ep. 4 and match the vibe of the Orig. Trilogy.  

Solo would have beena fine Scifi action adventure if it had simply not been Star Wars.  If theyd just changed the names, and made it a generic sci-fi movie, it would have been a B+.  As a Star Wars movie, though, it was a solid C-

The rest, though..ugh.  Trash.  Just.. Trash.  Ive read better fanfic.  Hell, if theyd just produced the (now Non-canon) original Thrawn Trilogy and not thrown away the expanded universe on a whim....  too late, though.  Though i hear The Mandalorian is great... but i attribute that to it (like Rogue One) deliberately paying homage to the Orig. Trilogy and its style (amd John Favreau).