What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1828 replies to this topic

#1821 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2635 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:22 AM

I should have mentioned, I did finish Psychonauts (from my 2nd-to-last post.) I used a walkthrough to reduce the number of "trial-and-error deaths" down to just "error deaths" (still plenty of those.) Bring on Psychonauts 2!

My Steam backlog is looking unusually reasonable. I moved 11 high requirements games into a folder, to play after I upgrade my Mac next year. My regular folder has only 10 games left, plus my wishlist has 6 games, some of which I'm trying to talk myself out of. [Averts eyes from GOG and Humble backlogs.]
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#1822 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 13 November 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

my wishlist has 6 games

Mine has 862 games or DLCs. Hmmm, I may a bit heavy-handed there.

#1823 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 13 November 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Mine has 862 games or DLCs. Hmmm, I may a bit heavy-handed there.

Good lord. At that point it's just too far gone to even bother editing.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

#1824 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:27 AM

ipickert55, true. My main use is getting a notification when a wishlisted game goes on sale.

#1825 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:59 AM

I keep track of all my games in a Numbers sheet, and that has really helped giving me an overview, and not double-buying stuff. And actively lowered the numbers of games I've bought. I have 399 owned games on the list (Missing ~12 Wii games I still need to add), and of those, 252 are still unplayed. I don't think I need to buy more, unless some really nice offers come out. And my 2011 iMac is getting a bit long in the tooth when it comes to modern releases, so no need to buy recent games anyway. And with a second child on the way, I don't even know how I will find the time to do a review of Civilization VI, as I promised MGS after winning their Civ VI competition a few weeks ago... Hopefully this weekend. :D

Edit: The Feral thread discussion actually got me wondering if I should spend some time finding out which games are staying 32 bit, and prioritize playing those, before the GPU in my 2011 iMac dies again and I have to upgrade to a 64 bit only OS... I think I will do that, and add it to my Numbers list (I love making lists! My girlfriend hates me for it... Everything has to go into a list. Lists are awesome!) to the 64 bit compatibility thread.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1826 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

This is kinda inspiring me to make a numbers list of my own.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

#1827 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:02 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 14 November 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

(I love making lists! My girlfriend hates me for it... Everything has to go into a list. Lists are awesome!)

She hates you for it since she found your past girlfriends list. :P

#1828 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:52 AM

View Postipickert55, on 14 November 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

This is kinda inspiring me to make a numbers list of my own.
I have the following headers:
Game Name
Rating [Dropdown menu for each entry: Crap, Bad, Okay, Good, Awesome, Windows, Won't Play]
Source [Steam, GOG, MGS, Mac App Store, ...]
Bit [Dropdown menu for each entry: 32 bits, 64 bits)
Comments & Notes (For any serials, Borderlands golden keys, things I need to remember, personal highscore in case I delete the preference files, etc.)

And then at the bottom I have another list with wishes... Although I almost never update it, since I just add things to my MGS/Steam wishlist mostly (Convenient for sales emails), so it is practically only for games I should play at some point in my life on platforms I don't have, such as Playstation or Xbox.
And at the very bottom, yet another list, with login/usernames specifically for gaming platforms and game sale platforms (Blizzard.com, Mac App Store, Humblebundle.com, MGS, Steam, Uplay, Origin, specific game sites, etc.).

It took some time to create, but in many cases it was just a matter of going to the few websites where most of my games where (MGS, Steam, Mac App Store), copy the list of games, paste it into a spreadsheet, filter out the crap, make the headers, and then go from there. Its been SO convenient for me! :) The main thing is now to always remember to add things to the list whenever I buy something, but at this point it is just something I do automatically as soon as I buy anything. And the long list of unplayed games have spured me to really lower my shopping I must say...

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 15 November 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

She hates you for it since she found your past girlfriends list. :P
Or perhaps because her rating on the list was lower than the average! :P
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1829 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2635 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

Played Tropico 4 until it began to feel like work. 50 hours, got a lot of mileage from it.

Tried out NightSky, which was a fun physics rolling ball platformer. I played through all the casual levels, decided I didn't have the patience for the more hardcore levels. But if you got it in a bundle as I did it's worth spending a couple evenings with.

Next up: probably Grim Fandango Remastered.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB