#1 Melismatic

Melismatic

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi all,

Just started playing Lord of the Rings Online, great game.

I was getting the Blue screen of death a lot until I read a forum stating that it was an issue with the audio drivers.

After uninstalling the Circus audio drivers the BSOD stopped occurring.

It's great I can play now, however I cannot play with sound!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any alternative sound drivers for bootcamp?

All answers appreciated.

Thanks.
An eye for an eye...

And the world would actually be half blind.

#2 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

What system are you using ? If your using a laptop the BSOD of death is probably from overheating. Your options are to either get a laptop cooling pad, or just use some small things to prop up the laptop so the bottom of it gets some airflow (basically a do it yourself cooling pad). Anything that gets airflow to the bottom of the laptop will help a lot.

As for the audio driver. Click here and then download the latest drivers.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#3 Melismatic

Melismatic

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 24 May 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

What system are you using ? If your using a laptop the BSOD of death is probably from overheating. Your options are to either get a laptop cooling pad, or just use some small things to prop up the laptop so the bottom of it gets some airflow (basically a do it yourself cooling pad). Anything that gets airflow to the bottom of the laptop will help a lot.

As for the audio driver. Click here and then download the latest drivers.

Windows XP on a notebook.

It actually blue screens as soon as soon as I start the game, before the laptop is even slightly warm.

I'm installing the drivers you recommended now, so I hope that will work. Thanks for the help.
An eye for an eye...

And the world would actually be half blind.

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

I don't know if you knew that, but LotRO should run pretty well with Wine and/or CrossOver. That might save you the trouble of bootcamping and enjoying the BSOD.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostMelismatic, on 29 May 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Windows XP on a notebook.

What CPU, video card, and how much RAM do you have though? Your computer might not be able to run the game at all simply because its not fast enough
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB