What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1531 replies to this topic

#1521 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17290 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

I started playing Hard Reset yesterday.  I like it, it's sort of like Serious Sam crossed with Duke Nukem: Atomic Edition with more of a storyline.  Find nano-something canisters to purchase upgrades for weapons, health, combat suit, and other skillsets in a RPG spec tree system.  You get bum rushed by hoards of robotic monsters but there is no reload key so you just blast away at monsters while they give you health and ammo drops to keep you firing until the last dick drops to the dirt.  Your shields regenerate.  You solve puzzles to open doors in the manner reminiscent of searching for a Doom keycard made interesting.  There are secrets to find.  All the good stuff I like and none of the bad stuff, although I AM playing it on easy, and I see they have made the boss fights too difficult so I cannot imagine ever playing this on the hardest two of the 5 levels.  

Mostly it's good maps, fun fights and exploration with light puzzling.  Nicely scripted fights in locations that OSHA would shutdown in a heartbeat after the first exploding appliance much less that they ALL explode.  I love finding nano cash, like being a kid and finding an Easter egg under a bush.

If you run Bootcamp this would make a fun romp at the lower difficulty settings, challenging at the upper settings (Looking at you Frost).  Fun for everyone.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1522 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

I played Hard Reset quite a while ago now and really enjoyed it too. I think I rage quit on the last boss but that was my fault, not the game's. I also found it sufficiently challenging on easy. I don't have leet Frost power, not even close.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1523 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8029 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

As Hard Reset is from the same developers as the excellent Shadow Warrior remake, I'm not surprised that it's apparently quite good.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#1524 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6040 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 21 May 2017 - 04:01 AM, said:

I played Hard Reset quite a while ago now and really enjoyed it too. I think I rage quit on the last boss but that was my fault, not the game's. I also found it sufficiently challenging on easy. I don't have leet Frost power, not even close.

Posted Image
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1525 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

I'm old dammit! When I was a kid....

#1526 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17290 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 23 May 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

I'm old dammit! When I was a kid....

...the whole family stuck their feet through the floor of the car and ran to propel it.  Played some Broforce last weekend.  Love the concept of the game, hate the mechanism of moving because I'm so lame at platformers.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1527 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

That's right. We were a modern Stone Age family!

#1528 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6040 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

So only a few hours left for my Task Force (friends list basically) to run over some super sniper guy (El Yeti) five times for a challenge that's been going six weeks and ends tonight, and none of the lazy bastards had done it even once.

Not to worry, I got this!

(They didn't say I had to use any specific vehicle, so I uh, got creative)
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1529 abele2017

abele2017

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
The Last of Us
spanish to english translation and bullet force multiplayer games online

#1530 Annadiana

Annadiana

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

Currently, I'm playing the Walking Dead. It's an excellent thriller game!
Technology is something that wasn't around when you were born
Graphics and Layout Artist at Petstreetmall

#1531 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17290 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Payday 2 thanks to Camper-Hunter.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1532 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

Command and Conquer: Red Alert. I snagged a good deal on a cheapo HP laptop PC and loaded up some GOG classics along with other older stuff to mess with for fun. I own a ton of classic games as I imagine many of you do too. I only have a handful left to play pre-1999. I'm looking forward to the improved graphics!

I can say this for playing classics on a cheap PC with a small screen, they look a lot better than they did stretched out on the iMac 27" screen.