Born On Board

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:07 AM

YAY!

But I won't bet on a Mac version, considering what they did with Stubbs. :-/

But well, they DID an iOS-Version, so at least it might come to M1-Macs.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Fighting Feline

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:33 AM

Here’s an article: https://www.eurogame...eloped-by-aspyr

Still technically a rumor, but Jason Schreier is very reliable and Eurogamer heard independent reports.

Sounds cool but TBH I’m not interested in replaying very long RPGs, remastered or not. Would’ve preferred something new. Aspyr has snatched up ex-BioWare employees recently so I hope that’s still in the cards.

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4574 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:37 AM

KOTOR was awesome. Great settings and gameplay, and I have never have such a big "WHAAAAAAT???" moment in gaming since that ending! (Yeah, I never see those obvious things coming... ;) )

I could definitely play that again, with buffed up visuals and gameplay. Perhaps they could add all the stuff that was cut in KOTOR 2 also.
"They're everywhere!" -BOB

#4 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:21 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 21 April 2021 - 08:37 AM, said:

KOTOR was awesome. Great settings and gameplay, and I have never have such a big "WHAAAAAAT???" moment in gaming since that ending! (Yeah, I never see those obvious things coming... ;) )

Looking back it seems SO obvious but the first time there was no hint for me whatsoever, was an amazing moment, probably one of my favorite gaming moments.

This is awesome though, really hope it comes to Mac. Are they just doing 1 or 2 as well?

#5 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3509 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:49 PM

Seems like this is one of the worst kept secrets for a long time. Been hearing a lot of chatter of Aspyr doing this across various podcasts. JS is very well placed in the industry though so his confirmation all but seals it.

Big get for Aspyr (who recently also have new ownership). Sad to see that their Mac days are behind them but really happy for their success. Anyone know if Brad Oliver is still on these forums?
16" MBP: i9 9880H @ 2.3 GHz || Radeon 5500M 8GB || 32 GB DDR4 || 1TB SSD
Desktop: 5600X || RTX 3070 || 32 GB DDR4 || 1TB 970 EvoPlus + 1TB Seagate FireCuda
Other: 30TB Plex Server || Series X || PS5 || iPhone 12

#6 ozzy

ozzy

Who?

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Steam Name:ozzy

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:05 PM

Brad just popped up for the first time in 5 years a week or so ago in one of the threads. He works for Feral now though I think!

#7 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3268 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:46 PM

View Postozzy, on 21 April 2021 - 01:05 PM, said:

Brad just popped up for the first time in 5 years a week or so ago in one of the threads.
I don't think he normally spends any time here but someone said his name 3 times in the Feral thread.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#8 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3268 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:10 PM

Speaking of legendary Aspyr employees, Glenda Adams recently announced on twitter that she is retiring. It's been a long while since she worked on Mac games, but still. End of an era.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17755 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 12:39 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 21 April 2021 - 01:46 PM, said:

I don't think he normally spends any time here but someone said his name 3 times in the Feral thread.

Come to think of it, the admin panel showed him wearing a black and white stripped suit.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3509 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:25 AM

Good for Glenda. I assume she received a nice retirement nest egg when Aspyr got bought out.

I am really looking forward to the KOTOR remake. I tried to get into the original too late and just couldn't get over the old graphics/controls enough to make it past the first chapter of the game.
Desktop: 5600X || RTX 3070 || 32 GB DDR4 || 1TB 970 EvoPlus + 1TB Seagate FireCuda

#11 ozzy

ozzy

Who?

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Steam Name:ozzy

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:53 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 27 April 2021 - 08:25 AM, said:

I am really looking forward to the KOTOR remake. I tried to get into the original too late and just couldn't get over the old graphics/controls enough to make it past the first chapter of the game.

I loved the original KOTOR. I had the same problem with KOTOR 2 though - left it to too late and couldn't get passed graphics/controls/dialog boxes. A couple months ago I finally played through it on my iPad though with the iPad port - got hooked on a very long flight and then continued through. It is also a great game - definitely not as good as the first, but I quite enjoyed it.

#12 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:46 PM

Good for Glenda. I assume she received a nice retirement nest egg when Aspyr got bought out.

Also the first chapter of the first one is particularly rough to get through. Taris is quite boring. I found 2's to be way better.

#13 jos

jos

Forum Member of the Month

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:54 PM

She received all of their Macs, as Aspyr no longer has any use for them.

#14 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8720 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:19 PM

Didn't she already leave Aspyr years ago and started to develop iOS games/apps independently?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#15 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3509 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:42 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 27 April 2021 - 02:19 PM, said:

Didn't she already leave Aspyr years ago and started to develop iOS games/apps independently?

Looks like she left in 2009 actually, when she went to Maverick Software.

#16 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3268 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:38 PM

I think she did return to Aspyr later, just for a while. Might have been part-time.

www.mindthecube.com

#17 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1509 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 21 June 2021 - 07:04 AM

Aspyr is hiring all sorts of game-design/development positions, so they are up to something. Their Mac stuff has been ghost town for awhile other than the totally random Black Ops 3 release which was pretty fail sauce. It has mac-only multiplayer, so you're just fighting bots most of the time.

I forgot they also released that 5 year old theme park game. In any case, they are a far cry from their highs of Call of Duty, Civ and Borderlands releases. Let's see what the future brings.
Computer: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020.) 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9. 64GB RAM. AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB.

New Mac gaming podcast! Find it here: Website | Apple Podcasts | Spotify