• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostBoland, on 13 August 2019 - 02:39 AM, said:

Anyone tried it yet?

i am having issues trying to even launch a game there.. red dead redemption 2  / rage 2  ... the game cant even be launched and saying some graphcial driver error something

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8546 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:44 AM

View Posthenryfakesmile, on 21 December 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

i am having issues trying to even launch a game there.. red dead redemption 2  / rage 2  ... the game cant even be launched and saying some graphcial driver error something
Rage 2 uses Vulkan exclusively, so it's not supported by Parallels. Not sure about RDR2, though: I know it supports Vulkan and DX12, but as far as I know it should be able to run on DX11 systems.

That said, I hadn't had any luck to successfully run any DX11 game in a playable state with Parallels 15. For instance, Destiny 2 launches, and the screens with the player's ship in orbit even work, but there are glitches on the character selection screen and the game hangs on the loading screen as soon as I try to fly to any location. Ghost Recon Wildlands also launches, and I can even run the benchmark, but there are massive graphical glitches and it runs painfully slow (<10 fps).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"