#61 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

Well, our posts were safe for a short while, but tBC is back on the prowl. :(
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#62 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 5th 2007, 09:17 PM, said:

The problem seems to have gone away.  Did you tweak something Fm?  My quick edit is back.  Thanks!

[Edit - Yep, quick edit is back! - tBC]
I did nothing.

Maybe your browser had cached some OLD css or .js type files or something, and the new version of the board's files wee not getting loaded for you or some such. Maybe something to do with a ISP proxy as well, I dunno... I touched nothing.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#63 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:24 AM

View PostFrigidman, on January 5th 2007, 06:44 PM, said:

I did nothing.

Maybe your browser had cached some OLD css or .js type files or something, and the new version of the board's files wee not getting loaded for you or some such. Maybe something to do with a ISP proxy as well, I dunno... I touched nothing.
You should do nothing more often!  In fact I recommend that Tuncer give you your own soundproof office with a foot rack on the top of the desk so you can put your feet up, drink soda and nap.  You do some of your best work when you are doing nothing.  Gosh, I do nothing and I get yelled at, but at least YOU can live the dream!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#64 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

If this has been mentioned all ready, sorry...

I find that when I edit my post using Quick Edit, the normal edit screen pops up and when I'm finished, if I click the "complete edit" button, the page jumps to the top of the current forum thread. The edit does not complete. The only way I can edit a post now is by using Full Edit.

Also, has the log in anonymous feature been removed? I don't see it as a choice anymore.

#65 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:11 PM

Quick Edit thing may be related to cached old forum javascript and or css. For those that had the problem, the problem eventually went away for them. So be patient I guess.

For the anonymous thing, it was a point of abuse for spammers, so it has been turned off as an option. If you are a member, then you login as a member... 'nuff said.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#66 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:10 AM

View PostFrigidman, on January 6th 2007, 06:11 PM, said:

For the anonymous thing, it was a point of abuse for spammers, so it has been turned off as an option. If you are a member, then you login as a member... 'nuff said.

I must not understand the concept. If I logged in as anonymous, I still had to log in with name and password, just like I do now. The only difference I saw was that my name did not appear in the logged in list at the bottom of the forum thread list.

#67 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

Exactly :D

The forums are a community experience, and being seen is part of being a part of the community. I'm sorry, but that is how it will be. It's not an invasion of privacy, and its not harmful to your computing ways. It simply allows the new friends thingy to work better for you and your friends, otherwise they will never see you online, and 'bam' you make a post and vanish into thin air again.

Spammers would also always login as anonymous (hidden) because of their evil ways. Preventing them so, just might make them feel uneasy about what they are about to do ? BWHAHA yeah right... spammers have no souls, they are fire trucking popsnizzleheads who should all be shot to death slowly starting from their genitalia.

-Fm [1oM7]

#68 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:32 AM

View PostFrigidman, on January 7th 2007, 07:51 AM, said:

spammers have no souls, they are fire trucking popsnizzleheads who should all be shot to death slowly starting from their genitalia.
You will need a rifle with a very powerful scope to find a spammer's genitalia.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#69 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:36 AM

Remember! Spammers don't have external genitalia.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#70 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6175 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:39 PM

No no, we need a small caliber rifle to zing them with first to make sure they have yellow spammer blood.

That, or put up a wax woman with a speaker saying, "I need breast enlargement pills and a free Caribbean cruise!" All the spammers will draw their credit card machines and charge toward her saying, "Thank God, it's YOU!"

We can then pick them off one by one.  :devil:
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 8086K / 32GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#71 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

Careful folks, you saw what happened to the other new forum glitches thread.  Keep it on track!  Report forum glitches in this thread.  I wouldn't have posted my zinger if I'd seen the lock first!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#72 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

I noticed the ulgy blue is back.
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#73 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

Do a full forced refresh of your browser. The stupid IPB skin has the 'editor' colors burried in cached css junk that isnt easily editable. I changed the background from blue to the gray, but have not done all the millions of editor buttons.

If its still all blue background, then its maybe your proxy/isp that has cached the old stuff.

-Fm [1oM7]

#74 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

Is it possible to have an option for "the blue stuff"? I rather liked it.

#75 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

An Option ? Not likely, no. It would require building an entirely duplicated set of all skins, using different image directories (yeah, the css for the editor is in the IMAGE directory!?!#%@). Then, turning on the ability for all users to pick their own skin, one being 'with blue' others 'without'... but then that would break the "no Ads" special for IMG Pro users as a result.

So... uh... No. Sorry :D

-Fm [1oM7]

#76 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

View PostFrigidman, on January 7th 2007, 06:41 PM, said:

I changed the background from blue to the gray, but have not done all the millions of editor buttons.
HAHA holy cow, what a nightmare!  As far as I'm concerned that's a pretty low priority job.  The blue buttons sort of go nicely with the gray background anyway.  My first post I looked around forever for the link button until I realized that the "add bookmark" icon had replaced the "chain link" icon.  Part of the problem was that I couldn't tell it was a bookmark icon at first.  I'm not suggesting changing it, I'm just wondering what they were thinking, change for the sake of change rather than for the better.

I hope this new MySpace flavor that's been added to the forums does not work against us.  Rating members, what's that all about?  Talk about asking for trouble.  And the "Friends" thing, before it was a list of PM addresses that you could keep handy, now it's like a statement announcing who is in your "clique".  I makes me uncomfortable, and it's going to cause some eye scratching, hair pulling trouble somewhere down the line.  

Having the list of who last visited your profile is a little creepy too.  I visit everybody's profile from time to time to see if everything is copacetic.  Now I feel like a stalker caught by a motion detecting camera going through someone's panty drawer.

I'll get used to all these things but man, I wouldn't have asked for them.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#77 Blackshawk

Blackshawk

Narcissist Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1790 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

Is the forum not supposed to notify you via popup when you have a new PM now? I cruised for five minutes without ever realizing I had a message.
I Can't Feel My Torso – Your Gaming Fix From Blackshawk

I'm going to the vet to get tutored.

#78 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 8th 2007, 12:07 PM, said:

I hope this new MySpace flavor that's been added to the forums does not work against us.  Rating members, what's that all about?  Talk about asking for trouble.  And the "Friends" thing, before it was a list of PM addresses that you could keep handy, now it's like a statement announcing who is in your "clique".  I makes me uncomfortable, and it's going to cause some eye scratching, hair pulling trouble somewhere down the line.  

Having the list of who last visited your profile is a little creepy too.  I visit everybody's profile from time to time to see if everything is copacetic.  Now I feel like a stalker caught by a motion detecting camera going through someone's panty drawer.

I'll get used to all these things but man, I wouldn't have asked for them.

Yeah, what is the use of a rating system on a forum anyway? It's not helpful, and except for forum games, I can't see a purpose for it.

#79 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 8th 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

just like a princess' slumber party!

Now I feel like a stalker caught by a motion detecting camera going through someone's panty drawer.

business as usual then?
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#80 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

I've decided I don't like this update much at all.  I keep having to log in every few visits, it doesn't take me to the newest message most of the time, pages take twice as long to load, and I completely agree with tBC about the MySpace junk (not that I've ever visited MySpace, or gone through anyone's panty drawer for that matter).  Also it looks worse.  I'd vote for going back to the previous version, except I know it's not an option.  Oh well....

--Eric