$p4rX's Content

There have been 13 items by $p4rX (Search limited from 23-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#280087 Quake 4 Problem

Posted by $p4rX on 27 August 2006 - 08:46 AM in Mac OS Related

it is PunkBuster that is the problem. I've narrowed it down and there's something going on in the /Users/*name*/Library/Application Support/Quake 4/pb folder. I think every time I get kicked from a pb server something happens in there which stops me from playing. I'm no longer gonna play on pb servers on this release and see what happens.

#280084 Quake 4 Problem

Posted by $p4rX on 27 August 2006 - 08:25 AM in Mac OS Related

Damn it! The app is quiting again... It was working fine last night, I think something is seriously wrong.

#280045 Quake 4 Problem

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 06:27 PM in Mac OS Related

I don't know... how do I see "non-dedicated" servers?

#280043 Quake 4 patch 1.3?

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 06:13 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postbobbob, on August 27th 2006, 12:55 AM, said:

The archives from August 1 should have it.

doesn't give you a date, i'm guessing it's coming out pretty soon but i'm not sure, someone said it's coming out in a years time :S

#280036 Quake 4 patch 1.3?

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 05:34 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postbobbob, on August 26th 2006, 11:24 PM, said:

Why not read the IMG news page to find out?

it tells you?

#280035 Quake 4 Problem

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 05:34 PM in Mac OS Related

View Postteflon, on August 26th 2006, 11:54 PM, said:

Glad its working again.
I believe that those two files are generated by PunkBuster itself.

Looking at the file names, it looks like .db could stand for database,
pbcl- punkbuster _____ _____, and
bbsv for something server.

See if they turn up after you get yourself into some internet action.

yep pbcl is there now, still getting kicked :(

#280020 Quake 4 patch 1.3?

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 02:45 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

I'm quite excited about this, anyone know a date for the release?

I read on aspyr.com that it would be on id's site very soon, but I was hoping someone here knew a bit more than that.

#280019 Quake 4 Problem

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 02:41 PM in Mac OS Related

I never had pbcl.db or bbsv.db, and now i've reinstalled and deleted every single trace of anything quake 4 on my mac, and reinstalled I still don't have them, but now it seems to be working since I've deleted the prefs and stuff.

I've never seen pbcl.db or bbsv.db ever before.

Thanks for the help.

#280015 Quake 4 Problem

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 02:23 PM in Mac OS Related

View PostLemon Lime, on August 26th 2006, 09:20 PM, said:

well i think the reason that you are getting kicked by PB is because PB dosnt like you playing against people with a higher version game than you (1.3 for p.c. users). i remember me and ausimacgamer were trying to play on a dedicated server together but he kept getting kicked and i wasn't because i didn't have PB installed.

Thanks but I still can't figure why I'm getting kicked off the game all together.

#280008 Quake 4 Problem

Posted by $p4rX on 26 August 2006 - 01:53 PM in Mac OS Related

Hey guys, my copy of Quake 4 crashes just after the "Initializing Menus" screen, just before the first advertisement loads. I've tried reinstalling and updating again but it still doesn't work. I also tried to launch it from the disc and the exact same thing happens. Can someone please help this is really bugging me.

Oh and also before this started happening, whenever I connected to PB servers, I got kicked for PB Init failure, wondering about that too. I don't think Aspyr can help since it's the weekend.

===
Mac OSX.4.7
Powermac G5
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
1GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
256MB VRAM
Quake 4 1.2
===

#279823 Offical Mac MMO list.

Posted by $p4rX on 25 August 2006 - 05:53 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

View PostPuRe, on August 1st 2006, 12:30 PM, said:

This is off topic for a moment but if shadow bane is getting enough profit from their sponsors that they dont need to charge for server use, then they must have very few subscribers...I dont even see it listed on http://www.mmogchart.com/

The servers are packed.

Shadowbane is free with no monthly fee.
Minions of Mirth has no monthly fee either.

#279821 A Look Into the Upcoming Quake 4 Update

Posted by $p4rX on 25 August 2006 - 05:46 AM in IMG News Discussion

No sorry, there are no maps with vehicles to my knowledge, the maps I see, are often small and indoor and quite complex. I'm sure they'll add some maps with vehicles in the future in an update or something. Unless their intentions are otherwise. You should still get the game though, the weapons are fun, and buy mode looks awesome.

PlanetQuake4.net said:

In addition to the Deadzone gametype, Quake 4 1.3 adds the server side option named "Buy Mode". "Buy Mode", which can be enabled inside any Quake 4 map, removes weapons, ammo, and armor from the map. You spawn into the map with a pre-set amount of points (1000 by default) with which you can buy weapons, ammo, armor, and health. By default, the letter "b" is bound to make the Buy Menu appear. Once you choose to open the Buy Menu, an entire list of items you are able to buy appears. Items, which you cannot afford, are faded out. If you choose a weapon for example, ammo must also be purchased along with that weapon. This "Buy Mode", just as Deadzone, has its own special strategy. Players must decide if it is a better strategy to buy armor instead of more powerful weapons or to accumulate a higher amount of points to buy more a powerful weapons instead. Many associate the buying of items with Counter-Strike, but this Quake 4 gametype is nothing like it. You can be in the heat of a battle and have saved up enough points for that rocket launcher or railgun you desperately need. That's right, all items can be bought any time during the course of the game, just as long as you can afford them. Even after dying, your weapon will still be there.

#279769 A Look Into the Upcoming Quake 4 Update

Posted by $p4rX on 24 August 2006 - 07:49 PM in IMG News Discussion

View Postnagromme, on August 1st 2006, 05:43 PM, said:

(But what I find really odd is how Quake 4's multi player maps look graphically the same or even WORSE than 2-year-old UT2004, in terms of detail, geometry, and lighting/shadows. Why? Doom 3 looks graphically better than UT2004, and so does Q4 single-player.)

I have both, trust me the graphics on MP look pretty amazing, don't trust the screenshots, buy it and see for youself. I can't wait for this update though, the buy mode feature, which isn't mentioned here, will certainly attract a lot of new players to the game.. Anyone thought of making a mac clan for Q4?