the Battle Cat's Content

There have been 280 items by the Battle Cat (Search limited from 23-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#446921 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by the Battle Cat on Today, 02:29 PM in General

View PostEllieFeral, on 23 October 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

That's not terrifying at all.

Hey, her last restraining order expired so technically it's legal.

#446916 Looking for a webmaster

Posted by the Battle Cat on Today, 10:12 AM in IMG Website Network Feedback

Frigidman

#446915 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by the Battle Cat on Today, 10:10 AM in General

Mr. Toffee from Candy Crush because he knows all the houses that give away chocolate bars.  Either him or Garrett from Thief because he knows which kids have chocolate bars in their bag.  Honorable mention to Lilith because I would love to follow her in third person and wouldn't care where all the chocolate bars are.

#446914 Apple Photos App Confusion

Posted by the Battle Cat on Today, 09:52 AM in Off-Topic

I avoid Google like it was the internet plague.

#446913 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on Today, 09:45 AM in General

View Postipickert55, on 22 October 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Did you guys play the original or the definitive edition?

The original I believe.

#446902 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on Yesterday, 02:24 PM in General

Been playing Dead Island co-op with Macdude and his friend Nate.  It's a good enough zombie slugfest but it turned out to be way too buggy to provide an evening without major interruptions.  After a number of Saturday nights beating our heads against it, we decided to try another game next week.  It's a shame because it could have been a decent game.  I like the skill tree for my bludgeon class character, and there are plenty of bludgeons lying around begging to father high velocity blood splatter, but the disconnections, restarts, other serious problems of the code, and lackluster missions take much of the fun away.

#446873 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by the Battle Cat on 17 October 2017 - 01:44 PM in IMG Reviews Discussion

OK, I've solved this problem by using the slingshot maneuver around the sun to go back in time and assassinating the first admin before he could pen the bylaws.  Ironically this act launched the reality arc where I become admin.  Now it's OK to change your title to "Honorary Special Snowflake".  Thank you and you are welcome.

#446872 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

Posted by the Battle Cat on 17 October 2017 - 09:39 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

Feral knows that it's best for all concerned to wait to announce a release until it's a done deal.  They do it just right too using their radar, teasing their audience with what-could-it-bes, and by the time it is really ready to announce, the game title has been guessed by engaged gamers.  If a deal falls through the mystery game disappears from the radar.  It's a brilliant strategy.

#446871 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by the Battle Cat on 17 October 2017 - 09:22 AM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View Postipickert55, on 17 October 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

I mean I am the honorary special snowflake (speaking of when do i get that title?)

According to Forum bylaws you need to assassinate Dirty Harry if you want that snowflake title.  Try wearing a "make America great again" hat and calling slurm (Harry's pronoun for "him") by the wrong pronoun and see if sporks (Harry's pronoun for "his") head explodes.  Though I suppose "Honorary Special Snowflake" is different enough... Damnit Jim, I'm a mass murdering mouser not a lawyer.

#446863 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by the Battle Cat on 16 October 2017 - 08:43 AM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View PostSteve Ballmer, on 16 October 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Glad to hear that, lol, you people are soooooo sensitive

phbphb.jpeg

#446853 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by the Battle Cat on 14 October 2017 - 09:51 AM in IMG Reviews Discussion

I will take your complaint as a second report though ipickert55.  This forum is for your enjoyment, and he does not have a get out of jail free card.

#446849 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 13 October 2017 - 05:34 PM in Mac Hardware

cross.jpeg

#446838 Read this if you are new to the forums!

Posted by the Battle Cat on 13 October 2017 - 09:13 AM in IMG Website Network Feedback

I find it oddly profound that her name is so close to "merkin".

#446828 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 12 October 2017 - 01:59 PM in General

Good thing I'm a cat and not a human.  I watched the entire thing.  Now if you will excuse me, I'm just going to lick this barf back up while it is still warm.  Any cat will tell you that tuna is a terrible thing to waste.

#446827 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by the Battle Cat on 12 October 2017 - 01:41 PM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View PostSteve Ballmer, on 11 October 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

I have 132 Billion dollars, reality is whatever I say it is!

He does have a point there kids.  It's pretty much like a massively fat guy sitting in a row of chairs,  his chair is whatever acreage his butt says it is.  His logic is quite infallible in this matter.

View Postipickert55, on 11 October 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

Can I report him Father Battle Cat?

He is already reported by another.  It's satire folks, he is probably as irritating to Microsoft fanboys as he is to Apple fanboys.  But it's good satire if you can see past the love of your platform of choice, I can't be the only guy to appreciate it.  Can I?

#446826 Read this if you are new to the forums!

Posted by the Battle Cat on 12 October 2017 - 01:17 PM in IMG Website Network Feedback

View PostJanichsan, on 12 October 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

He never was gone.  

He was always there.

In the back.

Watching.

Just... watching.

A lone fat romantic figure, standing in silhouette on a cliff against a horizon of the setting sun, munching a crate of Twinkies and sucking wind from the effort.

#446813 forgot password on bootcamp for windows 7

Posted by the Battle Cat on 11 October 2017 - 01:50 PM in Windows On Mac

Why?  Pong never gets old.

#446812 Suggestions For Windows 10 Performance Tuning

Posted by the Battle Cat on 11 October 2017 - 01:42 PM in Off-Topic

Don't get him started Atticus, he'll start chanting "developers" like Vikings chanting "spam"  In fact you can do a mash-up of "developers" and "spam", just sing "Spammity spammmmm spammity spammmmm spammity spammmmm spammity spammmmm" while you watch the developers vid.

#446811 Read this if you are new to the forums!

Posted by the Battle Cat on 11 October 2017 - 01:32 PM in IMG Website Network Feedback

View PostSteve Ballmer, on 11 October 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

You people actually have a pretty good forum, surprising!

There are lots of intelligent, friendly people here.  Stick around and join in on the fun.  I'm enjoying the humor of your blog.  Good stuff.

View PostSneaky Snake, on 11 October 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Whose alternate account is Steve Ballmer? It's gotta be tBC or something.

It's not me.  The admin console shows he is the only member with that IP.  Doesn't rule out somebody else's alternate account though.

#446802 Read this if you are new to the forums!

Posted by the Battle Cat on 11 October 2017 - 08:45 AM in IMG Website Network Feedback

View PostG_Player, on 10 October 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

How do I include a pict in mah post?

Can I upload directly from my Mac, or must I upload the image to a photo sharing site and insert the URL?

thanks!  :)

In order to upload directly from your Mac, you need to click on the "More Reply Options" just under the reply text window on the right.  From there you will see the "Attach Files" section just under the text window.  Use it to choose the image file you  want to use, then attach it to your post.  Finally click the "Add to Post" link in the blue box just under the text box.  The image will appear in your text where your mouse has last clicked.  Images in your post will not be full sized until someone clicks on it.  tech service.jpg

#446789 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 10 October 2017 - 05:44 PM in General

View PostFrost, on 10 October 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Milbop Dippleberry!

That guy was something else.

YES!  Though I thought his name was Pillpop Rippleberry... or Fembot Dimplefairy... gosh I forget now.  But yeah, Killcop was one entertaining guy with amazingly fun threads.

#446780 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 10 October 2017 - 01:16 PM in General

Road kill generally has two sides, an asphalt texture side and bubbly sunny side.

#446777 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 10 October 2017 - 09:32 AM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 October 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

The last I saw you, and this is to the best of my recall, some internet men were sent to this forum to take you back to wherever it was you had apparently escaped from.  It was all very mysterious.  

Actually, now that I've been thinking about this for awhile it wasn't Steve Ballmer, it was the guy who had the Wilford Brimley avatar.  Sorry for the confusion.

#446752 Best Mac Computers for Gaming 2015

Posted by the Battle Cat on 07 October 2017 - 10:27 AM in IMG Reviews Discussion

View Postmacdude22, on 06 October 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Given the firmware checks in place in High Sierra, I'm fully expecting the boot chain to get secured requiring everything in the chain to be signed by Apple at some point in the future.

::The Battle Cat runs into the gray auditorium in his little tank top with a sledgehammer in his hands, his enormous bewbs majestically bouncing and swaying in slow motion, then throws the hammer into the gigantic face of Macdude detonating the screen Big Brother is projected on::

#446743 Is there really a such thing as a Mac game?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 06 October 2017 - 10:05 AM in General

View PostG_Player, on 05 October 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

E.  As promised, you still haven't killed Google.

Crom damnit Steve!  Will you please get back off that retired large-curd-cottage-cheese-butt and DESTROY GOOGLE once and for all like you promised?  Google is a festering pimple on the ass of my sanity.  You can borrow my suicide vest, I'm sure you can find an unwitting intern to deliver it into the belly of the beast.

View PostG_Player, on 05 October 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hey Battle Cat,

Can you change his avatar to Dr. Evil ?  :w00t:

That'd be awesome!

Yeah that would be appropriate and funny, but I don't want to mess with a member like that.  That is the sort of member abuse I decided long ago to abandon.  Personally, I preferred his previous avatar showing Steve Balmer apparently holding a huge invisible dong up to his mouth.

View Postipickert55, on 05 October 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

This guy can't be real. This is some elaborate sarcasm or satire or something right?

Yes, yes, yes, or yes.  His blog leaves no doubt about this.  I recommend you read it.  I used to read it the last time he was here then I lost track of it till now.  This is good stuff, great fun.