the Battle Cat's Content

There have been 286 items by the Battle Cat (Search limited from 23-January 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#447988 What If Google Had Not Deleted The Fake Steve Ballmer Blog?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 21 January 2018 - 03:50 PM in Off-Topic

Damn son, I don't see it either.  You are set up like anyone else in the admin panel as far as I can tell.  Create a new account with a new email address and see if it persists.  I'll delete the new account after the test.  By the way, I wish I knew you liked cheese so much, I was just at the store.  :whistling:

#447981 What If Google Had Not Deleted The Fake Steve Ballmer Blog?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 20 January 2018 - 03:26 PM in Off-Topic

You don't see the Attach This File button in the More Reply Options window?  May I log in as you to see what you are seeing? (You don't need to send me a password)

#447976 What If Google Had Not Deleted The Fake Steve Ballmer Blog?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 20 January 2018 - 11:46 AM in Off-Topic

View PostSteve Ballmer, on 19 January 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

I have only one thing to say about that; Nano-bots! We are secretly working on them, they work on a micro-cellular level and can reprogram the human brain (in theory) so that all you problems will be solved. Human test start in about a month or two or ten.

Excellent.  I pulled some Zune strings behind the scenes and I hereby formerly volunteer Dirty Harry for your beta trials.  Keep him as long as you want.

View PostG_Player, on 20 January 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

…seems the "Attach Files" is AWOL sos I can't upload a jpeg.  :cool:

You should be able to see it but only if you click on the More Reply Options button first.

#447961 Best Arcade and Board Games for mac

Posted by the Battle Cat on 19 January 2018 - 02:46 PM in Mac Puzzle, Board, Arcade & Cards

I agree that this is a tad marginal but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, besides we allow others to post links to Mac game sites who don't post here as often as Anas.  I'll give this a pass because the important thing here is that it is Mac gaming related link.

DH, I was thinking of making you the next moderator when the need arrises.  Surprise!  Yes you are direct but I am too when I have my sights set, you are also helpful, informative and a genuine good egg who deals maturely with others even when corned like a filthy rat.  A shoo-in.

#447960 What If Google Had Not Deleted The Fake Steve Ballmer Blog?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 19 January 2018 - 02:33 PM in Off-Topic

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 19 January 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

There is no cure for the likes of me. Ask tBC. He'll tell you. He even tried electrocution but to no avail. Besides, my sister-in-law promised she'd never speak to me again if I went Apple. You don't really think you can motivate me to change now I hope because there is no way I am giving that up for anything.

Yes.  No cure.  We have our exhausted our IMG medical research team in the search for a cure.  Handsome Jack has promised new cures with eridium and slag procedures but DH refused to step foot into that game.  Even putting tuna into his carrier to coax him inside wouldn't work.  TUNA and he wouldn't go in!  My god, what some vet must have done to him in the past... this probably started when he thought he was going to the vet to get "toutered".

#447943 Casual Play as Therapy

Posted by the Battle Cat on 16 January 2018 - 04:30 PM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 16 January 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

As just one example, it led me here to a great group of people who I am grateful to have come to know over time. If we ever lose this forum, I hope we'll figure out a replacement somehow.

This is the best group of people I've ever hung with.  It's changed my life for the good being around you guys.  Many thanks.

#447930 Casual Play as Therapy

Posted by the Battle Cat on 15 January 2018 - 02:16 PM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

Sorry, not for Mac.  It would have made an excellent Mac game too.

#447929 Forget EA and Bungie, this is the most amazing post-launch thing I've see...

Posted by the Battle Cat on 15 January 2018 - 02:15 PM in Off-Topic

The Extra Ballsack medal should be awarded for attempting this mission at night.

#447924 Tag line didn't update

Posted by the Battle Cat on 15 January 2018 - 11:38 AM in IMG Website Network Feedback

Sounds like you got it all fingered out.  You OK now?

#447923 Forget EA and Bungie, this is the most amazing post-launch thing I've see...

Posted by the Battle Cat on 15 January 2018 - 11:36 AM in Off-Topic

Damn.

#447922 Casual Play as Therapy

Posted by the Battle Cat on 15 January 2018 - 11:12 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

View PostG_Player, on 14 January 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Sure, we want action, adventure, the excitement of discovery, a sense of challenge, a feeling of accomplishment. But more importantly, we want… no need… a game to fire-up to escape the madness of our world, a place where we can relax and just go fishing, or wander around with no particular destination in mind (not all who wander are lost), just sit and chat with friends, or be alone with naught but our thoughts.

I used to suffer from PTSD in spades, every night was a succession of nightmares till morning.  This went on for almost 20 years until a friend at work introduced me to Doom.  Very shortly after I started playing, my nightmares slowed to about 1 a week, then one a month, and now I can't remember the last time I had a Vietnam nightmare.  When I quit playing, they would come back, so I kept my gaming at a high level.  The more violent the game the better the therapy.  The place where I can relax and just go fishing and wandering about, for me, is Skyrim which I consider my mountain hiking simulator.

#447921 Blizzard announced bringing World of Warcraft Classic at Blizzcon

Posted by the Battle Cat on 15 January 2018 - 10:49 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

Right now I'm playing Fallout 4 every spare minute of my time, including minutes I don't have to spare, so my game addiction is being well fed at the moment.  But I will take your advice if I ever start Wow and play the vanilla version you are recommending.  Thanks for the tip.

#447906 Tag line didn't update

Posted by the Battle Cat on 14 January 2018 - 02:52 PM in IMG Website Network Feedback

Define "tag line".

#447868 Startrek Discovery

Posted by the Battle Cat on 12 January 2018 - 11:41 AM in Off-Topic

View PostCougar, on 12 January 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

But I like Discovery, so what do I know?

You know what you like.

#447867 Blizzard announced bringing World of Warcraft Classic at Blizzcon

Posted by the Battle Cat on 12 January 2018 - 11:34 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

You know, I've never played WoW.  I keep hearing stories like you guys are telling, basically that you tend to regret spending so much time on it even though you were very engaged at the time you did.  Over the years, even from the beginning, people have fired warning shots across my bow and I've taken heed.  I have too much of a problem with addictive playing not to.

#447839 Firearms

Posted by the Battle Cat on 10 January 2018 - 10:56 AM in Off-Topic

That pistol was very very old.  No blueing left, the grips worn smooth, the works.  The 1911A1 I have now is a match grade pistol.  It promised never to shoot me in the forehead.

#447837 Looking for a webmaster

Posted by the Battle Cat on 10 January 2018 - 10:40 AM in IMG Website Network Feedback

I took a dump in your snowflake safe space Dirty Harry.  Watch your step.

#447821 Startrek Discovery

Posted by the Battle Cat on 09 January 2018 - 02:40 PM in Off-Topic

Obviously this spin-off disaster must be a problem in the timeline.  Star Fleet should send the Enterprise back in time via a slingshot around the sun to make things right again.  I'm certain all this all stems from seeding the future oceans with whales from the past.  We had finally gotten rid of the damn things and some plastic-banana feel-good hand-wringing Admiral decides to frak up Earth's future rather than blow the stupid threatening space whale tube thingy into Fancy Feast.  Hopefully they can go back in time to pith that Admiral like a lab frog.  Oh wait, that was Kirk.  Frak.  

View PostJanichsan, on 09 January 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

The Chicken Dance?

Yes!  Maestro, queue the dueling tubas!

#447816 Looking for a webmaster

Posted by the Battle Cat on 09 January 2018 - 10:56 AM in IMG Website Network Feedback

View Postmacdude22, on 07 January 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

You call them jokes, we call them punishment.

I know!  Amusing myself while I torment my listeners with groaners is why I get up in the morning.  I love the smell of stinkers in the morning.  And of jokes too.

#447815 Firearms

Posted by the Battle Cat on 09 January 2018 - 10:47 AM in Off-Topic

The old Colt M1911A  I carried in Vietnam was an amazing piece of military hardware.  Once on a boring day I took the thing for a little target practice.  I picked out the biggest can of C-rats I had and set it on a log then backed off about 25 feet.  After missing the damn thing with an entire magazine I decided to move up halfway.  After missing with another magazine I said the Marine equivalent of "gosh darn it all" ... or was it "golly shucks" ... sort of forget now, and got up point blank close and burned 7 more rounds.  I decided then that it was throwing the rounds over my shoulder and if I didn't stop I'd shoot myself in the forehead.  But hey, at least it was loud as frak.

#447814 Startrek Discovery

Posted by the Battle Cat on 09 January 2018 - 10:31 AM in Off-Topic

If you like being culturally appropriated, watch me do the dance of your people.

#447779 Looking for a webmaster

Posted by the Battle Cat on 06 January 2018 - 12:10 PM in IMG Website Network Feedback

You mean all this time my jokes have been leaking out onto the internet?!?!

#447778 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 06 January 2018 - 12:07 PM in General

Screw the grinder, it is a waste of moonstones, you are better off using golden keys after you level up.  I pretty much agree with your assessment of the game in general but I did like a number of things about it such as the BL2 style inventory system, the butt slamming, double jumps, jump pads, and new element types.  Why would you say the jump pads were dum?  I will ANNIHILATE you!!

Wilhelm was fun to play, I would recommend a play through with the Baroness before you give it up.  Ignore her right hand column stats, it really only works playing co-op with someone who wants to be your indentured servant.  I focus on buffing her deadly action skill to the max.  That ice shard is the best action skill after the Mechromancer's Deathtrap.  Bandits try to shoot the shard instead of you, meanwhile you two are mopping up the battle field.  Your strength is their weakness when you freeze them with a freeze weapon, they stand helpless as you walk up and shatter them with a punch to the snot box so max out all your freeze skills.

And you should know the Claptrap character is by far the worst one to play in the trilogy.  His random action skill usually hurts you and your co-op buddies during a fight.

#447777 Firearms

Posted by the Battle Cat on 06 January 2018 - 11:35 AM in Off-Topic

Huh... usually when a Scotsman reaches under his kilt and pulls out his gun it's with friendly intentions.  What you want is a compact 9mm, also called a pocket gun.  There is an article about that in Guns and Blammo.  The pistols are shooting 9mm parabellum like in a full sized 9mm pistol so there will be a little more kick because there is less metal mass to help dampen the recoil.  If kick is very important to you, I would suggest going with a smaller caliber pistol.

#447765 Diablo III

Posted by the Battle Cat on 05 January 2018 - 10:09 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

A lovable dick... er, in the most platonic way possible.