UmarOMC1's Content

There have been 97 items by UmarOMC1 (Search limited from 18-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#447607 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on Yesterday, 03:53 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postjeannot, on 15 December 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

So, the topic has shifted from the poor performance of some non-Apple drivers, to how Apple have been treating gaming over the years?
Welcome to IMG forums, topic shifting NEVER happens here. :cool:

That was unclear at best. Even though I have been using Macs for the last 20 years, for work and gaming, I don't really care about how poorly Apple used to support gaming years ago.
I posted in plain English. You read into it what you wanted even after I quoted myself clearly not stating what you read into it, you conveniently leave that out. I've been using Macs for 27 years, and? I decided to go on a little rant, if you're just going to un-constructively criticize with snark then why should I care what you have to say? Really, to what end was the antagonizing?

According to others, gaming support has improved substantially since the release of Metal.
And it shows in Feral games.
I know, awesome, it took Metal 2.

#447580 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 02:26 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Sorry, I've been using Macs for a DAMNED LONG TIME and, really, you tell me, how have Apple treated gaming in general? Did you start using Macs last year? I apologize for believing others can see the bigger picture that I have over the years. Read that quote... "GAMING SUPPORT."

"GAMING SUPPORT!" I personally don't see how that's confusing enough to warrant so much passive aggressive snark. Was 'Mac' on the side of the box? Of Goddamn course it wasn't! Anything didactic to add?

#447578 Arcade Games for mac

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 12:29 PM in Mac Puzzle, Board, Arcade & Cards

Search Mac App Store, macgamestore, GOG, Steam...

#447577 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 12:25 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postjeannot, on 15 December 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Was "Mac" indicated anywhere on the box of the card?
Who's stupid enough to think I bought a GTX1070 expecting support from Apple? Come on, who? I did my homework, children. See this post for answers to stupid questions. Please consider your questions before posting them.

#447570 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 01:46 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postmarksatt, on 14 December 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

Apple supply updated drivers for all the GPUs they have ever shipped in a Mac, I don't see why you'd expect them to supply anything else.
Why do you think I expect Apple to do anything? I have a GTX1070 in my MacPro, you think I just slapped it in haphazardly?

#447569 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Portal Power

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 01:44 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

I just came across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Portal Power game on Steam, available for macOS (El Capitan minimum) and PC. From a quick search on YouTube it seems to have first appeared as a mobile app so I've no idea if anything's very different or if it's a good game. From what I've watched, it doesn't come across as being nearly as exciting as the coin-op beat-'em up from years ago. I might buy it to have some fun with the family.

#447568 Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 01:27 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

A Steam link popped up, including macOS system requirements. Nice.

#447565 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 14 December 2017 - 07:40 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

...and NVIDIA's drivers are pretty good considering Apple doesn't support their GPUs with kext updates like they do AMD cards.

#447562 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 14 December 2017 - 03:19 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postjeannot, on 14 December 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

The web drivers that you use are the sole responsibility of nVidia. Why should Apple care if these drivers are poorly optimised? Pascal cards are not even officially compatible with Macs.
I'D HAVE THE SAME MESSAGE WERE I USING AN AMD CARD, WOULDN'T I? UNLESS, OF COURSE, I WAS ONLY TALKING ABOUT F1 2017. WOOT.

#447550 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 14 December 2017 - 05:16 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

A GTX1070 in macOS gives about the performance of maybe a GTX680 in Windows, and noticeably not as smooth. Apple just really, really suck ass when it comes to gaming support. Anyone's welcome to blame NVIDIA, AMD or whatever but where was Apple when Microsoft were/are honing DirectX? Sprockets? Lagging OpenGL support? Let's reinvent the wheel and introduce Metal and introduce non-upgradeable hardware and keep the word 'Pro' in the name!

At the price for an iMac 'Pro' I can't imagine an actual 2018 MacPro costing significantly more as I can't envision Apple putting a lot of effort into creating a cool, upgradeable PC case with macOS installed and better GPU options, which is what I'd really want.

I KNOW the options.

#447527 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 12 December 2017 - 09:35 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

While not silky smooth on my setup it's certainly playable at Medium settings at 1920x1080... and holy cow it was like a 75GB install, initial launch took around eight minutes, a lot shorter after that. I think I spent about 1 hour between playing and trying different graphic settings. I like it so far although I wish I could toggle Aim Down Sight.

Emphasis on 'cow.'

#447475 SOMA updated with safe mode

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 06 December 2017 - 07:12 PM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

I hope you stuck around after the credits…

#447416 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 03 December 2017 - 03:43 PM in General

I'm hoping my 1070 might be able to muscle through making it acceptably playable. :rolleyes:

#447392 Free Mac games

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 30 November 2017 - 11:49 PM in General

PLEASE NOTE that the "free" games requires linking your Steam account (same with GOG's "free" games).

#447362 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 28 November 2017 - 05:59 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 November 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

...this thread is probably about some computer game isn't it? In all this excitement, I forget now.
No, it isn't. They never are.

#447251 Disgaea 2 PC / 魔界戦記ディス...

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 17 November 2017 - 01:41 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

So I just happened upon this game and am surprised about it's availability for macOS. Disgaea 2 PC, a Final Fantasy Tactics-style game, is available at 40% off on Steam as of this writing.

Da Trailer:

Steam
MacGameStore

#447250 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 17 November 2017 - 01:24 AM in General

...a racing wheel or a game pad. XBOX, PS3 or PS4 controllers should work. I don't know how much is "too much" for you but a gamepad will give a vastly better experience.

#447246 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 16 November 2017 - 06:42 PM in General

With the keyboard? I believe it.

#447218 Virtual Programming's Upcoming Projects

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 13 November 2017 - 04:46 PM in General

1.76 Linux & Mac experimental ports (ARMA III)

Linux & Mac experimental ports were updated to version 1.76
More Intel:
https://dev.arma3.com/ports - Enjoy!

1.76 highlights:
+ Laws of War DLC
+ parity with WIndows 1.76

Although, noted in the first reply, 1.78 Windows should be released by month's end. Enjoy the two weeks of parity!

#447197 The Signal From Tölva

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 12 November 2017 - 04:21 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

The Signal From Tölva has apparently popped up for macOS back on October 18th. Based on the videos and feedback I plan to try this out, unfortunately I missed a 50% off sale they ran to promote the macOS version.

One review;

If this has been posted about before, I apologize. I hit my patience limit with the search flood control after one search.

#447189 Old Mac Games/Ports etc.

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 11 November 2017 - 05:57 PM in General

I'm still waiting for some bored programmer to port 68k Arashi to macOS 10.x :cool:

#447008 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 28 October 2017 - 04:14 PM in General

...need more gamers drinking the macOS and Linux KoolAide, too.

#446944 Help Bring Back Steve Ballmer as CEO of Microsoft!

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 24 October 2017 - 07:17 PM in Off-Topic

He's bringin' Clippit back... OpenOffice don't know how to act...!

#446943 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 24 October 2017 - 07:15 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Pffft! That's nothing. I caught it on one of Steam's daily crazy madness deals for two scrapes of belly button lint.

#446898 Heliborne

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 20 October 2017 - 08:19 PM in Mac Simulators

Any purchase or community support links on their page points to Steam.