UmarOMC1's Content

There have been 76 items by UmarOMC1 (Search limited from 18-July 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#449356 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance released for Mac

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 27 June 2018 - 03:16 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

TransGaming's idiocy with their 'port' of MGR:R has made its rounds in the news over the past couple of days due to a reddit post (although I noted it here last March, but reddit's the 'Front Page…');

DRM restrictions slice Metal Gear Rising down on Mac

‘Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’ Unplayable on Mac Due to DRM Limits

Bought Metal Gear Rising on Mac? You can’t play it anymore because of dead DRM

Metal Gear Rising on Mac Is Now Unplayable Because of DRM

Metal Gear Rising DRM disables the game’s Mac edition

…you get the point (there's more).

Now, having legally purchased the game, my only options to play this game again; purchase for PS3 (and use that slow thing), install via BootCamp, install Steam & game via WINE (and hope the graphics aren't screwed up) or download a pirated copy of a game I paid for. :glare:  This is a really good game but I'm only seriously considering the last two options. I can still install the macOS version via Steam but, of course, it won't run.

#449331 Total War: WARHAMMER II — Coming to macOS and Linux

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 18 June 2018 - 04:29 AM in Mac Strategy

I just happened to reload my browser, open to YouTube, this pops up... :w00t:

#449165 Metro 2033/Last Light questions

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 26 May 2018 - 05:56 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Flies on my setup. Smooth as buttah.

#448957 Elite: Dangerous

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 02 May 2018 - 04:40 PM in Mac Simulators

I'm sure they were looking for any reason to stop supporting macOS without wanting to word it as incompetence. I know it'd be a golden day if developers could build a polished macOS title simply by clicking a radio button adjacent to the word 'macOS' and clicking 'build,' but the lack of wanting to invest in macOS to build polished apps later, IMO, is driving this as opposed to Blizzard deciding to not publish Overwatch for macOS because, yes, nearly no hardware shipping from Apple (especially at publication time) could run it smoothly without resorting to Bootcamp and most people aren't going to buy one for gaming. I can't blame them when I feel Apple hasn't and doesn't care enough about macOS either.

#448734 Rise of The Tomb Raider™ announced for macOS, Linux!

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 12 April 2018 - 07:56 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

WOWEEWOW! This game runs superbly on my setup. I selected the Very High preset, disabled Motion Blur (because I don't like the effect in any game) and am running 1920x1080. Super fluid!! What a gorgeous game but I need sleep!

#448704 Night Dive Studios release source code for System Shock, MacOS 9

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 07 April 2018 - 10:42 PM in General

Night Dive Studios, Incorporated have released, under GPL, the source code for System Shock for MacOS 9.

I haven't run across this in any news source, feel free to delete if I'm wrong.

An excerpt from the Github page;

Copyright 2015-2018, Night Dive Studios, Incorporated.

This file contains the following sections:

GENERAL NOTES LICENSE
GENERAL NOTES
Game data and patching:

This source release does not contain any game data, the game data is still covered by the original EULA and must be obeyed as usual.
Compiling on MacOS 9:

A project file for Metrowerks Codewarrior is provided in ShockMac/Shock.µ

You will need a PowerPC to build the Mac version of System Shock. Fortunately, there are emulators out there that are able to run PowerPC Mac Applications, like SheepShaver. You also need Metrowerks CodeWarrior 10 Tools to build the project and Stuffit Expander to unpack the project files and source code. The game was initially built with an older version of CodeWarrior, but we tested it with CW 10 Gold Tools (IDE 1.7) and it was able to build a working executable. Things you will need:

•   A PowerMac or an emulator like SheepShaver;
•   CodeWarrior for PowerPC (CW 10 Gold Tools works)
•   The original Mac System Shock data.

Anyone following through on this might want to fulfill a long standing wish of mine to update Arashi to run on present day macOS. Thanks! :rolleyes:

#448405 MacPro Updated Prediction 2019

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 03 March 2018 - 05:50 PM in Mac Hardware

View Postipickert55, on 03 March 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

They could also include SLI in addition to dual processors to keep it even more higher up than the iMac Pro?
That would be awesome, and good for Apple's bottom line because I'm sure they'd charge an arm and a leg for that!

#448404 Rise of The Tomb Raider™ announced for macOS, Linux!

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 03 March 2018 - 05:48 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Dangit! If you're right I hope they surprise us soon! I thought they couldn't get into detail.

#448402 Rise of The Tomb Raider™ announced for macOS, Linux!

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 03 March 2018 - 04:28 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Steam is running a Square-Enix Sale this weekend, Rise of The Tomb Raider is 67% off (USD$19.79). Tomb Raider, Deus Ex: Human Revolution are going for three bucks (TR:GOTY is $4.49)!

I'm HOPING my preemptive purchase and only installing, playing on macOS gets Feral paid but I don't know how that works and I believe they're under a NDA.

#448373 MacPro Updated Prediction 2019

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 28 February 2018 - 11:20 PM in Mac Hardware

Long time tech head, Peter Paul Chato, gives his 2¢ in his predictions for Apple's next non-Trashintosh MacPro.

#448369 BATTLETECH

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 28 February 2018 - 04:26 PM in Mac Strategy

That's some good reassurance. This game looks good!

#448347 BATTLETECH

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 27 February 2018 - 04:52 PM in Mac Strategy

BATTLETECH

Take command of your own mercenary outfit of 'Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war.

Unfortunately macOS system requirements are scarce and I take that as not being a comforting sign. Video description states Windows PC in April, Steam listing and website make macOS references.

#448346 Vulkan Officially Released - No Mac Support

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 27 February 2018 - 04:39 PM in IMG News Discussion

We'll see what our favorite devs do with it.

#448188 Rise of The Tomb Raider™ announced for macOS, Linux!

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 13 February 2018 - 10:21 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

Rise of The Tomb Raider™ 20 Year Celebration announced for macOS, Linux! :w00t:

This spring, embark upon a dramatic action-adventure in the breathtaking sequel to Tomb Raider.
In Rise of the Tomb Raider, play as Lara Croft…

[Rise of The Tomb Raider™ 20 Year Celebration About Page]

#448080 What happened to Dragon Age: Origins for Mac?

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 31 January 2018 - 05:49 PM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

Oh man, Tron 2.0 is there. I remember helping test this on my MDD G4. Awesome game from what I remember. I wish I could get Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance working and the idiots that created the Steam Mac DRM'd version that tries to phone home to a non-existent server all get explosive diarrhea.

#447748 Diablo III

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 03 January 2018 - 04:40 PM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

Insert opening sentence for article about arbitrary, yet popular, game here.

#447678 Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 24 December 2017 - 05:14 PM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

View Postclocknova, on 24 December 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Why the hell, after all these years, can't they just make a simple port of the toolset to Mac?  It would probably take someone half an hour.  If the game runs, the toolset will.  This is just silly.  Just hit the Mac switch in the compiler and do it.
Worked for me when compiling Half Life 3 from Source code. Pffft!

#447641 Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 20 December 2017 - 07:08 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View PostAnasDilshad, on 20 December 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

Is there any major difference between the the LEGO STAR WAR SAGA and X - Wing Special Edition?
:huh:

#447620 iMac Pro lands 14 Dec

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 18 December 2017 - 06:30 PM in Mac Hardware

Nope. I'll wait for the MacPro.

#447607 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 17 December 2017 - 03:53 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postjeannot, on 15 December 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

So, the topic has shifted from the poor performance of some non-Apple drivers, to how Apple have been treating gaming over the years?
Welcome to IMG forums, topic shifting NEVER happens here. :cool:

That was unclear at best. Even though I have been using Macs for the last 20 years, for work and gaming, I don't really care about how poorly Apple used to support gaming years ago.
I posted in plain English. You read into it what you wanted even after I quoted myself clearly not stating what you read into it, you conveniently leave that out. I've been using Macs for 27 years, and? I decided to go on a little rant, if you're just going to un-constructively criticize with snark then why should I care what you have to say? Really, to what end was the antagonizing?

According to others, gaming support has improved substantially since the release of Metal.
And it shows in Feral games.
I know, awesome, it took Metal 2.

#447580 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 02:26 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Sorry, I've been using Macs for a DAMNED LONG TIME and, really, you tell me, how have Apple treated gaming in general? Did you start using Macs last year? I apologize for believing others can see the bigger picture that I have over the years. Read that quote... "GAMING SUPPORT."

"GAMING SUPPORT!" I personally don't see how that's confusing enough to warrant so much passive aggressive snark. Was 'Mac' on the side of the box? Of Goddamn course it wasn't! Anything didactic to add?

#447578 Arcade Games for mac

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 12:29 PM in Mac Puzzle, Board, Arcade & Cards

Search Mac App Store, macgamestore, GOG, Steam...

#447577 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 12:25 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postjeannot, on 15 December 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Was "Mac" indicated anywhere on the box of the card?
Who's stupid enough to think I bought a GTX1070 expecting support from Apple? Come on, who? I did my homework, children. See this post for answers to stupid questions. Please consider your questions before posting them.

#447570 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for macOS now in final stages of development

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 01:46 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

View Postmarksatt, on 14 December 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

Apple supply updated drivers for all the GPUs they have ever shipped in a Mac, I don't see why you'd expect them to supply anything else.
Why do you think I expect Apple to do anything? I have a GTX1070 in my MacPro, you think I just slapped it in haphazardly?

#447569 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Portal Power

Posted by UmarOMC1 on 15 December 2017 - 01:44 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

I just came across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Portal Power game on Steam, available for macOS (El Capitan minimum) and PC. From a quick search on YouTube it seems to have first appeared as a mobile app so I've no idea if anything's very different or if it's a good game. From what I've watched, it doesn't come across as being nearly as exciting as the coin-op beat-'em up from years ago. I might buy it to have some fun with the family.