-=SHODAN=-'s Content

There have been 75 items by -=SHODAN=- (Search limited from 20-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#324353 The kids are going nuts for World in Conflict demo!

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 29 August 2007 - 03:04 PM in Windows Gaming

Looking at a gameplay vid, it just looks like a vehicle fest.

Me likes infantry combat. Bring me Endwar.

#324070 Official Medal of Honor- Airborne Thread

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 27 August 2007 - 09:31 AM in Windows Gaming

Oh god.
Another demo to download  :rolleyes:

#324032 PC Racism on Battle.net

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 27 August 2007 - 04:27 AM in General

I can see it all now.

In A.D. 2007
War was beginning.
Battlenet moderator: What happen?
Battlenet PC user 1: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Battlenet PC user 2: We get signal.
Battlenet moderator: What !
Battlenet PC user 1: Main screen turn on.
Battlenet moderator: It's You !!
MILBOP: How are you gentlemen !!
MILBOP: All your base are belong to us.
MILBOP: You are on the way to destruction.
Battlenet moderator: What you say !!
MILBOP: You have no chance to survive make your time.
MILBOP: HA HA HA HA ....

#323824 Empire: Total War

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 25 August 2007 - 03:43 AM in Windows Gaming

Time for an update

General Information

* Empire: Total War will be the most accessible Total War game ever. Enhanced auto management, revolutionized UI, improved advice system and tutorials all combine to introduce new players to the concepts of Total War, quickly and easily.
        * Empire: Total War will boast a full re-write of the AI with a wider range of strategies and tactics, providing a formidable opponent on land, sea and on the campaign map.
        * The game is set in the years 1700 to the early 1800s, a turbulent age of gunpowder, revolution, discovery and Empire Building.

Campaign Map

* The game will include 10 playable factions including Britain, Prussia, France, Spain, America and the massive Ottoman Empire.
        * Revolutionised Total War campaign spanning 3 continents and featuring new, enhanced systems for Trade, Diplomacy, Missions and Espionage.
          An all-new fully animated campaign map with all buildings and upgrades visible.
        * Huge cast of historical figures including Peter The Great, Malborough and Charles XII of Sweden

Battlefield Gameplay

* New Real-Time 3D Naval Warfare takes Total Wars unparalleled battle action to the high seas with players commanding single ships or vast fleets.
        * Realistic sailing model, cannon and musket fire, boarding actions, fully destructible sails, rigging and hulls and a full range of weather effects to influence battles.
        * Land battles that will feature heavy artillery in the form of cannons, mortar and early rocket launchers, with bouncing cannonballs slicing through drifting gunsmoke to tear up lines of infantry. Bagpipes, drummers, flautists and trumpeters will fill the air with play out over the crack of musket fire

Multiplayer

* A brand new multiplayer component will include player rankings, leagues and ladders and completely new gameplay modes.

#323707 Empire: Total War

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 24 August 2007 - 08:40 AM in Windows Gaming

I wonder...what happens if a troop transport gets boarded  :lol: .

Hopefully the naval aspect of the game won't have a clunky interface like Imperial Glory.

#323683 Bioshock in one week-raise yer hand if yer gettin' it!

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 24 August 2007 - 03:24 AM in Windows Gaming

Hehe, getting the demo now.

I really hope I can get the retail version soon (maybe today after I've tested out the little demo).

Edit:Sooooo...who else is getting it?

OHMYGOD I'm definitely getting this. Only played about 10 minutes into the demo but its got pure awesome strewn all over it. A bit choppy but I haven't really played around with the settings much, and I've only got a puny X1600.

#323604 Empire: Total War

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 23 August 2007 - 10:30 AM in Windows Gaming

Meh, and I thought Medieval 2 was amazing  :lol:

http://www.totalwar....e...&nav=/en/5/

Reminds me of Imperial Glory.

#322403 Desktop Showcase

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 13 August 2007 - 02:22 PM in Off-Topic

*Gasp*
You like Optimus Prime?!

#322395 Desktop Showcase

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 13 August 2007 - 01:21 PM in Off-Topic

WARNING: This is so awesome your head will burst.

Posted Image

#322240 Starcraft FPS

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 11 August 2007 - 11:50 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

I only reason why I hate MMOs is levelling up and all that. Its always "Kill low level creature, gain XP, repeat until level up, kill higher level creature, gain XP, repeat until level up etc..."
Does anyone remember Savage? Each team has a commander who builds structures etc... whilst other players are the units themselves (but peons could be made to gather resources).

#322148 Call of Duty 4

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 10 August 2007 - 02:21 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Hehe I was wondering this for a while...

Who will be our guinea pig to test it on boot camp?

#322130 EA to release 6 games for the Mac

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 10 August 2007 - 11:32 AM in General

Oh god no...

#322129 What are you listening to now?

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 10 August 2007 - 11:18 AM in Off-Topic

Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny-Lemon Demon

...a classic!

#322097 Endwar

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 10 August 2007 - 06:59 AM in Windows Gaming

Oh yeah I think its got the MMO as a feature (but I'd rather play the MMO than SP)

Edit:Yep I'm an idiot and its got SP too.

#322095 Endwar

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 10 August 2007 - 04:51 AM in Windows Gaming

Posted Image
Posted Image
Its an MMORTS (with SP) which involves players fighting as either the EU, US, or Soviets to hold and invade territory on real-time. Its coming out in 2007 in Europe, whilst the US get a spring 2008 release date. Its for the 360, PC and PS3.
Seems very fun.

Here is the website where you can watch the awesome 'Tom Clancy style' trailer.
http://endwargame.us.ubi.com/

Edit:Oh and you can keep your units after battles (as long as they aren't wiped out of course) so they become more and more experienced. You can customize them etc...

#321986 Star Craft II

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 09 August 2007 - 11:14 AM in Mac Strategy

Hehe I guess I won't be going to that forum.

But that happens with every game. People say they don't like some of the features etc... and want it to be like this etc...or else they won't buy it etc...
Too bad for them. I just wanna play it as how the developers want it to be, and so far it looks really fun. The single-player seems cool in how there are side-stories and you explore your ship. Also you purchase new units and unit upgrades (like shields for marines) on the ship itself for SP when you gain more money.

But I wanna see more zerg!!!! (Maybe they haven't been quite as finished compared to protoss and terrans)

#321943 Star Craft II

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 09 August 2007 - 05:56 AM in Mac Strategy

Yeah when the blue marines attacked they got blown up by the Siege tanks, and when the Battlecruisers attacked the red marines they writhed around on the ground.
Aaaaargh can't wait to complete the storyline.

Edit:Its also cool how you can now lower your supply depos.

#321933 Star Craft II

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 09 August 2007 - 03:16 AM in Mac Strategy

I just love the cute little animations of every single unit.

#321932 Some questions

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 09 August 2007 - 03:03 AM in Windows Gaming

Well performance was still pretty much the same, and Rainbow Six Vegas is still performing terribly! (HDR off, lowest res, medium settings, tried lowest shadows but still nothing, vsync on tried off as well) And there seems to be no way to change the texture quality!

Pfffft at least Dynasty Warriors 4 runs 60 fps  :D .

#321846 Star Craft II

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 08 August 2007 - 01:26 PM in Mac Strategy

Well the SP campaign preview looks awesome. And pretty funny too.
I do like the new units and unit upgrades though.

#321766 Some questions

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 08 August 2007 - 02:45 AM in Windows Gaming

Hmmm if I still got the drivers will it interfere with boot camp in general? I've heard of people getting Omega Drivers for boot camp.

Edit:Oh well I'm getting it anyway to see if performance for R6 improves.

#321639 Some questions

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 07 August 2007 - 02:02 PM in Windows Gaming

Err...sorry to bug you guys again, but is it just me or is anyone receiving really bad performance on Rainbow Six Vegas. I had everything on medium, lowest res, motion blur on and HDR on (because turning it off makes everything pixelated).

#321107 Some questions

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 03 August 2007 - 01:45 PM in Windows Gaming

There is no anti-aliasing setting on GRAW (1.35 latest patch), only edge-blur which just blurs the whole image, which is kinda a nice effect in my opinion (and has minimal performance impact)

The crackling sound is really really annoying, but its occurs much less in-game and is less noticable...I've tried lowering sound-detail (defaulted to Maximum  :blink: ) and turning of EAX...but no luck...

#321094 Desktop Showcase

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 03 August 2007 - 12:09 PM in Off-Topic

Posted Image

#321086 Some questions

Posted by -=SHODAN=- on 03 August 2007 - 11:11 AM in Windows Gaming

UPDATE:For some reason, GRAW and GRAW2 only work if installed in the XP partition. Pfffffftt....that means due to the bloody fact that I only made it 10 gigs, I can only play either GRAW or GRAW2.

So I settled on good ol' GRAW and I am actually proud of having a Macbook Pro...the graphics are amazing (well i prefer it with edge-blur or whatever you call it, not anti-aliasing). Looks so good...sniff...and I am getting really good frames-per-second as well. And I love the menu...I like listening to the music and watching the little movie.

So far I am still on the first mission (I am too scared of getting shot at) but I really enjoy the AI. Just tell them to follow you and they cover the right positions, warning me of rebels and doing a pretty good job.
Well, sometimes they do move to the worst positions, like in front of a building, rather than at the corner peeking out.

From the reviews, I hear GRAW has a better score than GRAW 2? And yes, the last mission of GRAW 2 sounds like something from a budget shooter.

Edit:I do like how when you load from a checkpoint, you get full-health again...but I wish they added a medic to make things easier for poor ol' me.

OH and another thing...does anyone else get the strange crackling sound that occur now and again, especially on the menu?